But your !@#$ is like the police asking us questions, !@#$%*' we don't know !@#$

Regarding the topic at hand, AZTEC and company's initiative would seem to be overly heavy-handed as well as altogether unnecessary given the agreement brokered between RS and SHIELD.

As said many times now (if you bother reading the thread), this is about more than that.

I'm aware DT is top-heavy - hence the level of engagement - I think we're all reminded of the fact frequently with DT and company's public disbain for micros and small nations (which is interesting given their ties to DT Probes, DS, SHIELD, and comparable micros and small nations).

Pulled that one right out of your a@#$?

In any event, I can at least appreciate the fact that DT has promised to handle this as a contained duel with white peace at the war cycle's conclusion.

Not that I am claiming that won't happen, but I am unsure of where you think this "promise" came from. I don't recall making any.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[03:15] <%Salajol> howre those wars going
[03:15] * abbas () has left #cnsparta
[03:16] <ReytheGreat> pretty good so far
[03:16] <ReytheGreat> still only one guy logging in
[03:18] <%Salajol> i can change that
[03:18] <%Salajol> if youd like
[03:21] <ReytheGreat> look man i really wouldn't even be in this !@#$ if RIOT hadn't paid reps prior to the DoW to be completely !@#$@#$ real
[03:21] <ReytheGreat> slash kicking chow out
[03:21] <%Salajol> chow seems to be the root of a !@#$load of problems
[03:22] <ReytheGreat> he is
[03:22] <%Salajol> he stole dev aid from us while he briefly ghosted our AA to fight kashmir last war
[03:22] <%Salajol> said he would apply, bailed the second the war was over

Great job taking reps DT, you made 11k NS go in on ye :(

Also lolChow
Edited by Rotavele

When I said this could be over in a round or so, I purposely left it open to last longer. Since while Bob did imply this wasn't going to be a long war, I don't think he ever gave specifics as to when peace would come or make any promises.

Here is the post which gave me the impression it could be over in a round or so, but obviously Bob makes no such promises and just says they would be content with a short war. So I wouldn't count on any such promises as having been made.

It would seem you are as biased as Riot and us are here. No point in arguing then.

Beyond that, no one is being disbanded here, ridiculous to even suggest that (regardless who is saying it). Its been made clear we would be content with a short war, and Riot seems disinterested. If they choose to continue it, that's fine by me.

Meh to be fair everyone is going to decide what's right and wrong based on who they like. It's human nature.

To an extent, yeah. Of course, most people become friends because they are like-minded. Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I am allied with AZTEC now, but either way I would not have much pity for RS or any alliance that talks the talk and then is forced to walk the walk. If RS didn't want war, they should've show more humility and respect.

Riot Society as a raiding alliance, you should know better. To AZTEC, you are like a single unaligned nation that attacked them then acted like a douche about it (from what I can tell).. so just like you would do to a single nation attacking RS and disrespecting you, they're gonna beat up on you a bit. If that nation had been cool to you, by your perspective, you probably would've let him go. Maybe try to recruit them even.

When this situation began it could have gone either way. It was your choices at that point that lead to war. It could have just as easily ended in a better relationship with AZTEC. Even if there was some old grudge between you, all the more reason not to act in any way that might be perceived as disrespectful. No matter how you slice it, RS messed up. AZTEC is helping you to realize your mistake, learn from it, and you'll be a better alliance.

When this situation began it could have gone either way. It was your choices at that point that lead to war. It could have just as easily ended in a better relationship with AZTEC. Even if there was some old grudge between you, all the more reason not to act in any way that might be perceived as disrespectful. No matter how you slice it, RS messed up. AZTEC is helping you to realize your mistake, learn from it, and you'll be a better alliance.

Not really, the next day after I was "rude" I apologized on DT forums, without being asked to. We did everything DT asked in the end (since the first talks with the leader of RIOT, since I am no longer the leader, his word should have been taken over mine), even when I was still against reps, if you bothered to read the logs, and the talks with SHIELD, which I don't think you did. But then again, I digress, and as many people have said; It wasn't about the SHIELD incident getting resolved. It was about us hitting NSF in the FAN-WAR, and them getting upset (even though I we thought DT gov said ok, but he they used the excuse as we don't read our embassies, but again I digress) and a topic title. So let's not pretend that us fully giving out reps to the affected party, and them saying everything was good between us is the main reason. They're doing it because they can, and we're not well connected, which is what we do, which I have no problem with. But when you at first say you're defending your protectorate, especially when your protectorate said everything was good between the two parties is just silly. 

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

They're doing it because they can, and we're not well connected, which is what we do, which I have no problem with.

At least you have no problem with it. I don't think they've ever said its any one reason, you're the only one who posted a DoW.

Hopefully you will learn the lesson they are trying to teach you.

"you guys just don't like us because we have a longstanding pattern of douchie behavior towards you that we apologize for but always find new ways to express."

What Kashmir should really be thinking over is their options on removing Riot Society from their ODP bloc soon, before others want to leave. As ignoring this won't mean RIOT Society won't still be able to drag down their Kashmir bloc.

When RIOT Society is so annoying even those in Doomsphere are fed up with them enough to attack, I think that should send warning signs to any alliances even ODP connected to them this is a bad connection to have. You can make friends raiding if you are respectful and nice. If you are disrespectful like RIOT Society is when they attack alliances they don't think are well connected, that drags down the reputations of anyone claiming to protect them and whatever power sphere they claim to be part of.

Doomsphere can be a respected force, but it needs to be willing to get rid of the bad seeds who would make the rest of them look bad. Raiders self policing to get rid of the most annoying raiders is the best way to deal with the problem of some who do it very wrong and lack any common sense.

Edited by Methrage

Hopefully you will learn the lesson they are trying to teach you.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It won't. At least not for me, maybe others in RIOT, but I've acted this way in this place since my nation was created back in 08. If people change because they were attacked, they're weak. I'll play how I've always played, this won't change anything. Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

I don't know why people keep saying this. It won't. At least not for me, maybe others in RIOT, but I've acted this way in this place since my nation was created back in 08. If people change because they were attacked, they're weak. I'll play how I've always played, this won't change anything.

No one really expects you to change. This is why your apologies are pointless.

I don't know why people keep saying this. It won't. At least not for me, maybe others in RIOT, but I've acted this way in this place since my nation was created back in 08. If people change because they were attacked, they're weak. I'll play how I've always played, this won't change anything.

Being completely set against even the suggestion of introspection and/or potential behavioral modification shows far greater weakness -- mental weakness. You don't even see the stronger, more established side here saying, "We not learn here. We too good to improve." Anyway, do as you wish -- keep dragging those knuckles if you like.

What Kashmir should really be thinking over is their options on removing Riot Society from their ODP bloc soon, before others want to leave. As ignoring this won't mean RIOT Society won't still be able to drag down their Kashmir bloc.

We don't really have any intentions of dropping anyone from the Kashmir Co-Prosperity. They can leave at any time (and make us all sad) or can be forced out for acting directly against a fellow signatory (if things can't be worked out with cuddles). But we don't drop our friends. Period.

Not really, the next day after I was "rude" I apologized on DT forums, without being asked to. We did everything DT asked in the end (since the first talks with the leader of RIOT, since I am no longer the leader, his word should have been taken over mine), even when I was still against reps, if you bothered to read the logs, and the talks with SHIELD, which I don't think you did. But then again, I digress, and as many people have said; It wasn't about the SHIELD incident getting resolved. It was about us hitting NSF in the FAN-WAR, and them getting upset (even though I we thought DT gov said ok, but he they used the excuse as we don't read our embassies, but again I digress) and a topic title. 

So you're saying that because you hit NSF in the FAN-UCR war, that this is them "getting you back" I highly doubt that is the case because that would imply that NSF and DT still held some ties, which they don't. If DT really did all this because of that FAN-UCR thing, then I think DT might have done something about this sooner.

So you're saying that because you hit NSF in the FAN-UCR war, that this is them "getting you back" I highly doubt that is the case because that would imply that NSF and DT still held some ties, which they don't. If DT really did all this because of that FAN-UCR thing, then I think DT might have done something about this sooner.

To say the attack(s) on NSF is the reason for this war would be incorrect. To say it is a contributing factor, however, is reasonable.

We don't really have any intentions of dropping anyone from the Kashmir Co-Prosperity. They can leave at any time (and make us all sad) or can be forced out for acting directly against a fellow signatory (if things can't be worked out with cuddles). But we don't drop our friends. Period.

I've already warned you of what I think will come of remaining attached to sinking ships, but its your choice if want to keep them in the bloc when you can't even protect them anymore. 

Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Methrage

Seems I've struck a cord. The opinion I previously expressed wasn't based on circumstances pulled out of my ass (I'm not really into buttplay, Starcraftmazter), it was an interpretation of the sum of pertinent DT actions and comments, and certainly wasn't inclusive to this thread (which I've read as well as any others). Perhaps context wasn't always presented or was otherwise lacking, and perhaps any generalizations were unintentional, but I've taken what I've seen at face value and simply relayed as much. And no, it's not ironic, Auctor (nice buzzword though, I'll grant you that). I'm not RS - if you'll recall - and I neither attack micros on a near constant basis nor do I approve of it. I'm not bothered when others express disdain for it for that matter, what I contested was simply the manner and degree in which this was handled. As I said though, I'm glad its conclusion is being handled reasonably.

Rotavele, you can think we're wrong about how we frame our foreign affairs within KCP - which makes just about no sense - but we are its authors and main proponents so I think we're kind of authority figures on the matter. An ally, in the context of how we do things, isn't inherently someone you're treatied to, which is what you don't seem to get. We don't have paper or terms dictating when we can or cannot do a, b, or c, that doesn't mean there aren't alliances we can call on and vice versa. That's irrelevant really, you were merely going for the tired "Do something about it" retort, in which case I'd implore you to do the same if you're offended with how either RS or Kashmir operates.

And Methrage, please stop, you understand KCP as well as Rotavele does. It's not a bloc so we won't be removing RS to spare the others some grim fate, and we're clearly not their protectors. Worry more about the next time we inevitably meet on the battlefield and less about what Kashmir should or should not be doing.