A Note from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past weekend marks seven years since the Grand Global Alliance and its benefactors decided that it was not alright for there to be an alliance by the name of Viridian Entente in this world on the green sphere, and forced our disbandment we disbanded rather than move.

Congrats though!

I'll also drink to those, who at some point liked to look at us with rose tinted dreamy glasses, claiming to understand our principles (you could simply ask what they are) and being all offended when we didn't act the way they expected and wanted. Hope to see you cry more, female dogs.

Cheers!

VE fought a long and storied fight. It lost a lot at the hands of others, it lost more at the hands of Lords who abandoned its principles in pursuit of the fight. I don't envy the people who had to make the decisions and I understand the difficulties they faced. All that is a long time ago. Happy anniversary, VE.

What principles, exactly, do you think we abandoned? While our current Lord, among other considerably influental individual members past and present, abhor our abandonment of direct honesty in our alignment with NPO in expectation of turning others they rely on, as well as ourselves, against them when the time is right, it wasn't an abandonment of our (at least founding) principles. Is that what you meant, or do you have something interesting to say on the subject?

What principles, exactly, do you think we abandoned? While our current Lord, among other considerably influental individual members past and present, abhor our abandonment of direct honesty in our alignment with NPO in expectation of turning others they rely on, as well as ourselves, against them when the time is right, it wasn't an abandonment of our (at least founding) principles. Is that what you meant, or do you have something interesting to say on the subject?

Alright, I was trying to be nice by way of being vague, but out of all the hostile posts you picked mine...

When Goldie says ". . . But mostly this is to thank those who . . . rallied behind the ideas of what being a Viridian is . . . and worked to ensure that things like forced disbandments, color bans, and removals of government would be erased from what was possible in people's minds . . ." he is, frankly, posting contrary to everything VE really stood for and did when it reformed.

VE aligned itself with the most prolific disbanders of AAs, color aggressors, and outrageous terms enforcers on the planet. Willfully and gleefully. VE never worked against any of those things, VE was a partner in their proliferation.  You partnered with both Pacifica and Polaris to enact their aggressive, destructive hegemonic designs.  Your pet protectorate Andromeda was one tenth the size of NPO, yet managed to PZIed anyone whose opinion they disliked with VE's guns backing them up, even engineering a war based on the most obviously-faked evidence in history resulting in the destruction and disbandment of 6 or 7 AAs.

Allegiance is endorsement and empowerment.  VE was an active partner in doing everything VE said then and says today that VE stood against.  And as VE did then, today you imply that the rest of us were just putting our own interpretation on your very easy-to-interpret blank statements of morality.  Your doublespeak is the second-worst stain on VE's character just behind VE's actions.

What you mean when you say VE stood against forced disbandments, color bans, and removals of government is in regards to ourselves.  Bravo, everyone is against those things as regards themselves.  Base survivalism and intellectual dishonesty fiercely defended from reality by Viridian bulldogs against anyone who dares speak the truth about your bloody, bloody record.

I don't know if VE's relative virtue since Pandora's Box crumbled is the result of an active shift in thinking, or an accident of lost way or inactivity, but it's the reality at present, so I don't have any issue with the present VE.  The future is more interesting than the past, but the past has already been written and if your assertion is that VE stood for any of the things in that list, you're wrong, and everyone knows it.

Edited by Schattenmann

Let's not turn the thread into some clobber-fest because it's about celebrating the unity and continuity of the Viridian Entente, but not to settle any rivalries.  -_-

Happy birthday!

Edited by Malkavian

o/ VE

I quite like how you are still while GGA has been dead for years.

GGA didn't disband. GGA has plans to reform once the time is right. Or at least Kenfolk will tell us he had been planning it all along and everyone who wants to be GGA2.0s friend will agree with that.

EDIT: Sorry, GGA2.0 not VE.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Quite a long post

While we actually may have shared many of the same principles over the years, what you wrote above really underscores the difference between Viridia and yourself and why we've butted heads so many times in the past. None of our core tenets were ever endangered along the way, we just were equipped to do what was necessary and play the long game, while you didn't compromise. Make no mistake though, in reality, the ends do often justify the means.

At the end of the day, as you said, the future is so much more important then the past. 

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Let's not turn the thread into some clobber-fest because it's about celebrating the unity and continuity of the Viridian Entente, but not to settle any rivalries.  -_-

Happy birthday!

Tbh, I'm not actually sure it is a Birthday; seems more of a deathday, if I understood the first post correctly?

GGA didn't disband. GGA has plans to reform once the time is right. Or at least Kenfolk will tell us he had been planning it all along and everyone who wants to be GGA2.0s friend will agree with that.

EDIT: Sorry, GGA2.0 not VE.

GGA 7.0*

You're welcome. ;)

Tbh, I'm not actually sure it is a Birthday; seems more of a deathday, if I understood the first post correctly?

Relative perspective is sensible in this case, Caladin. I would rather acclaim the vigor and longevity of Viridian Entente than to excite the notion of the alliance's re-birth, or cause for therein. You must forgive me my trespasses otherwise.  

Relative perspective is sensible in this case, Caladin. I would rather acclaim the vigor and longevity of Viridian Entente than to excite the notion of the alliance's re-birth, or cause for therein. You must forgive me my trespasses otherwise.  

This is the anniversary of when we disbanded. The Viridia as it stands now was re-born from the events of this day down the road in September. You'll see another announcement of this from VE then too.