A Note from the Viridian Entente

This is the anniversary of when we disbanded. The Viridia as it stands now was re-born from the events of this day down the road in September. You'll see another announcement of this from VE then too.

I'll be looking forward to that announcement, Rayvon. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats.

No, seriously, congrats.

I'm not going to say anything derogatory, I swear.

[spoiler]I told you I wasn't.[/spoiler]

Thanks Hereno. 

Congrats though!

I thought you had left this world. Welcome back.

obligatory hail ve and hail dear leader goldie

Please do Steve.  That will be so much fun.

Aww shucks.  It must be fun to know you got away with just as much or more &#@$ than NPO ever did and not only not get the flak that NPO gets, but have the same alliances be fully devoted to you (NADC).  I'd like the playbook for rolling an alliance with a spy op CB that was proved to be from a ghost on day 2 of the war.....and getting that same alliance to be your puppet post-war.  Seriously, well done man.  Clearly we over at NG were never really good at asskissing like the NpO diplomats have been trained in.  I hope we never are.  Might never "win" the game like you have done so often, but I'm okay with that given what it really means.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

Aww shucks.  It must be fun to know you got away with just as much or more &#@$ than NPO ever did and not only not get the flak that NPO gets, but have the same alliances be fully devoted to you (NADC).  I'd like the playbook for rolling an alliance with a spy op CB that was proved to be from a ghost on day 2 of the war.....and getting that same alliance to be your puppet post-war.  Seriously, well done man.  Clearly we over at NG were never really good at asskissing like the NpO diplomats have been trained in.  I hope we never are.  Might never "win" the game like you have done so often, but I'm okay with that given what it really means.

So true.  Maybe I should make a topic commemorating the New Polar Order's forced disbandment of the alliance I was in.  Or not, I'll go with that.

How long ago did all this happen? 

You're still mad for real. Acting like a girl bringing up stuff from the past. 

CN these days is like a bunch of old men reminiscing about things that happened in their youth.

TBQH for many it has been like that since 2008 at the latest. And we're in 2014.

Although admittedly now everyone may just be reminiscing about old stuff - I don't know, I don't pay any attention anymore.

Well I guess that after this pointless comment of mine I'll just go back to sleep for another couple of months...

Maybe it's because nothing interesting happens anymore.  Maybe because global wars are once a year, 3 month long trench-warfare style grudge matches that only end when one side's warchests become depleted.  Maybe literally nothing interesting happens between those wars apart from everyone rebuilding their tech levels and warchests.

]

This is the anniversary of when we disbanded. The Viridia as it stands now was re-born from the events of this day down the road in September. You'll see another announcement of this from VE then too.

Absolutely, probably my favorite thing to do.

Absolutely, probably my favorite thing to do.

No doubt.

Regardless, I was just setting Malkavian straight on the continuity part of her post. That this is specifically to separate the continuity and recognize the fall of Viridia at Ardus' behest.

That's the whole point dude, lol.  Maybe you should read the post I was quoting before you reply, mkay?

Yeah I understand you realize it was in the past.

Clearly this still affects you greatly however, as you take any chance you can find to complain about how you were victimized by Polar.

Of all the old NPO's allies - that Congo-line of suck-holes - the GGA were the most sycophantic. My only regret is that we, the VE, were not the ones to deal the final death blow to the GGA.

The disbandment of the VE was the most emotional moment in CN for me. Since then it hasn't ever been quite so thrilling and enticing. In retrospect, I think disbandment and re-emergence was the best thing that happened for the VE and made it a much stronger community. It truly tested the loyalty of its members and when I heard about it I came back to CN.

Edited by Ch33kY

CN these days is like a bunch of old men reminiscing about things that happened in their youth.

The old days were so much more dramatic. 

TBQH for many it has been like that since 2008 at the latest. And we're in 2014.

Although admittedly now everyone may just be reminiscing about old stuff - I don't know, I don't pay any attention anymore.

Well I guess that after this pointless comment of mine I'll just go back to sleep for another couple of months...

Nobody remembers winning or losing the five dollar wager that paid out ten dollars.  They do, however, remember winning or losing the 5,000 dollar wager that paid out 10,000 dollars.  The higher the stakes, the more dramatic and memorable the outcome becomes.

The point is, we've been stuck in a time where people are only willing to risk five dollars to win ten for quite some time now.  Sure, we've had a few rogues go all in, but the odds were always completely stacked against them.  The result has been stagnation.  Bob needs more tyrants, more risk takers, and more extremists.  Bob needs bigger winners and bigger losers.  We need bigger butt hurt and bigger egos clashing.

You can talk about how horrible those terms were all you want, but there's a reason you're talking about them.  At least there's enough passion and emotion on the subject to reminisce about.  I say bring the glory days back.  It makes things more interesting.  In a sick sort of way, VE wouldn't be who they are today without GGA igniting a hatred and a drive to overcome.

That being said, congrats to VE!  

Nobody remembers winning or losing the five dollar wager that paid out ten dollars.  They do, however, remember winning or losing the 5,000 dollar wager that paid out 10,000 dollars.  The higher the stakes, the more dramatic and memorable the outcome becomes.

The point is, we've been stuck in a time where people are only willing to risk five dollars to win ten for quite some time now.  Sure, we've had a few rogues go all in, but the odds were always completely stacked against them.  The result has been stagnation.  Bob needs more tyrants, more risk takers, and more extremists.  Bob needs bigger winners and bigger losers.  We need bigger butt hurt and bigger egos clashing.

You can talk about how horrible those terms were all you want, but there's a reason you're talking about them.  At least there's enough passion and emotion on the subject to reminisce about.  I say bring the glory days back.  It makes things more interesting.  In a sick sort of way, VE wouldn't be who they are today without GGA igniting a hatred and a drive to overcome.

That being said, congrats to VE!  

Good post.

(I'd actually need "more time", but that's just not going to happen. :) )

I wasn't here for any of this, but I agree that low-stakes games are no fun. I'll be interested to see if anything higher stakes pops up again.

It's my job to make sure VE doesn't lose those high stakes games, though :P