Declaration of Intent & Recognition of Hostilities

6pLQx.png

Yesterday, OcUK retaliated against GOONS for a tech raid launched on one of their members. It is beyond dispute that OcUK was, and still is at this point in time, unprotected when the initial raid was launched. It is also indisputable that GOONS fired the first shot that escalated into a small armed conflict between GOONS members and OcUK nations. Our policy regarding tech raiding is very clear and consistently enforced. This policy mandates that only the unaligned are acceptable for our members to raid and as a result of OcUK's own predicament regarding the cruel, otherworldly force known as 'inactivity', they were green lit when our member asked for permission. In similar situations other alliances or groups of unaligned nations sought a diplomatic solution before resorting to war against a numerically superior foe. OcUK has elected to go a different route, and it is one I respect.

But it is an action that warrants a response until such time the conflict is concluded in a manner we deem satisfactory. Our conditions for fighting and ending this war may be surprising, or they may not, and I believe they are in keeping with the stance that OcUK has taken.
  • GOONS will limit our response to OcUK's retaliatory attacks to OcUK nations engaging our members
  • GOONS does not seek to enforce reparations or any other such terms against OcUK
  • There is no deadline for peace to be agreed upon between OcUK and GOONS
  • If OcUK should agree to it, we are willing to temporarily protect OcUK at the conclusion of this war until they find a protector of their liking
  • QT734Ij.gif
Enjoy the war, I know we will.

/s/,

Marx, Secretariat

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. As much as I hate to admit it, I owe GOONS and apology.

Dear Goonies,

I am sorry I misjudged your alliance. I incorrectly assumed that the old Goonies had returned and there would be a demand of shameful and/or embarrassing terms in order to conclude this war. That you are willing to fight on as even a playing field as possible despite the obvious advantage you hold goes to show that Goonies have indeed changed.

Love, Tela

P.S. Goonies never say die.

Just to be clear...

"This policy mandates that only the unaligned are acceptable for our members to raid and as a result of OcUK's own predicament regarding the cruel, otherworldly force known as 'inactivity', they were green lit when our member asked for permission."

But you decided to break that rule because you thought OcUK was inactive...?

So much for "very clear and consistently enforced."

Fair enough that you're not crushing them for the raid you guys initiated, but man, look at what you're typing while you're trying to spin yourselves as the good guys.  LOL

Just to be clear...

"This policy mandates that only the unaligned are acceptable for our members to raid and as a result of OcUK's own predicament regarding the cruel, otherworldly force known as 'inactivity', they were green lit when our member asked for permission."

But you decided to break that rule because you thought OcUK was inactive...?

So much for "very clear and consistently enforced."

Fair enough that you're not crushing them for the raid you guys initiated, but man, look at what you're typing while you're trying to spin yourselves as the good guys.  LOL

To be fair, many alliances have a specific definition for "unaligned" that is different than the literal definition of being in "none". X number of members, for example, as a requirement to be recognized as "aligned".

If that's the definition they're using, but unaligned is not really the same as "not in an alliance big enough to count"...

In these cases, "unaligned" is merely being used as a shorthand to stand in for "not in an alliance we recognize as sovereign," which is I think a perfectly acceptable use of the word.  However, I will grant you that this still begs the question: if OcUK was small enough to not qualify as sovereign in GOONS' eyes, then why was inactivity even considered as a factor in granting permission to raid.

Admin have mercy....

GOONS is being perfectly reasonable and respectable handling this. They're not asking for reps. They're not being "evil" and you guys are still going to sit here and look for something else to bitch about, huh?

6pLQx.png

Yesterday, OcUK retaliated against GOONS for a tech raid launched on one of their members. It is beyond dispute that OcUK was, and still is at this point in time, unprotected when the initial raid was launched. It is also indisputable that GOONS fired the first shot that escalated into a small armed conflict between GOONS members and OcUK nations. Our policy regarding tech raiding is very clear and consistently enforced. This policy mandates that only the unaligned are acceptable for our members to raid and as a result of OcUK's own predicament regarding the cruel, otherworldly force known as 'inactivity', they were green lit when our member asked for permission. In similar situations other alliances or groups of unaligned nations sought a diplomatic solution before resorting to war against a numerically superior foe. OcUK has elected to go a different route, and it is one I respect.

But it is an action that warrants a response until such time the conflict is concluded in a manner we deem satisfactory. Our conditions for fighting and ending this war may be surprising, or they may not, and I believe they are in keeping with the stance that OcUK has taken.
  • GOONS will limit our response to OcUK's retaliatory attacks to OcUK nations engaging our members
  • GOONS does not seek to enforce reparations or any other such terms against OcUK
  • There is no deadline for peace to be agreed upon between OcUK and GOONS
  • If OcUK should agree to it, we are willing to temporarily protect OcUK at the conclusion of this war until they find a protector of their liking
  • QT734Ij.gif
Enjoy the war, I know we will.

/s/,

Marx, Secretariat

I must say that this is a most respectful and honourable response and I believe that we have the makings of an accord. 

We may have a difference of opinion as to what constitutes "aligned", as to what constitutes "active" and as to whether there is in reality any difference between a tech raid and a war, but in this world we live in there will be differing views on such matters. 

There has been damage on both sides, but that happens in war. I feel no need to seek reparation and am glad that GOONS see it the same way.

I will instruct my members to offer peace and if that peace is accepted or the wars are allowed to expire I am happy to consider the matter closed.

It has been fun and from the battle reports I have received the GOONS nations involved have fought with honour and good humour.

o7 GOONS

o7 OcUK

Signed;

DavidMarq - OcUK Chancellor