Announcement From the War Front On TLR

bcortell

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRON fought those who needed fighting, that is all that needs to be said.
And is no longer at war.

I think NG could have used the help more as you were hardly "needed" to fight us, but whatever you guys need to do to save your pixels right? Edited by Stefano Palmieri

Glad we could get this thread back on topic.  I was certainly missing people slandering IRON the last 3 or so pages with whatever useless bickering was going on that was too boring to even read.  Please continue with the 100th post repeating the same rerun of unwitty insults people feel the need to repost to refresh everyone. 

If it bothers you so much maybe IRON should abandon the whole "let's betray all of our allies!" strategy.

Remind me when we refused to help an ally who had been attacked AND responded to its request by attacking the AA that helped said ally? Never.

Yep, that's certainly true, and I don't think Bob was arguing that NoR is even remotely like IRON in this area.

I know TOP feels liberated post-MK but keep it cool, guys.

That's Bob, not TOP. As I'm sure you've noticed, our members are generally free with their personal opinions on here.

Our top 10 were in PM, we have about 50 nations above 10k tech.

That hardly equates to our entire top tier. Although I wouldn't expect you to know what a top tier is, you never really had one to start with.

Also you were the one nation I recall from TLR's top tier who fought majority/all of the war.

One wonders why you would put your entire top 10 in peace mode for the entirety of any conflict, let alone one in which your alliance and its co-combatants had such enormous numerical superiority over the opposition.

Edited by Crymson

Before IRON declared (worst secret ever). I had a funny laugh about it actually. About 2 hours after a successful spy op got a message from Blade "Someone spying on you?" Replied back yeah you. Then the response of no we are getting spied on too top tier probably DBDC. It was pretty funny actually seeing most of them sit in PM during our "war". 

Was the spy operation exposed? All I see is a bunch of here-say. I look at people to spy and maybe Blade looked and saw your slots were used already and you had no wars. I have no idea, either way this is really kind of stupid considering we fought each other. If he is just randomly going around spying on people I would be completely more worried than spying someone we declared on hours/days/whatever later.

Was the spy operation exposed? All I see is a bunch of here-say. I look at people to spy and maybe Blade looked and saw your slots were used already and you had no wars. I have no idea, either way this is really kind of stupid considering we fought each other. If he is just randomly going around spying on people I would be completely more worried than spying someone we declared on hours/days/whatever later.

The thing is, if it's true, it makes it highly hypocritical (on top of the existing idiocy) of calling out an alliance who got their top tier wrecked for having hid their top tier!

But maybe IRON should stop trying so hard to get one win in their many battles out here and just retreat so it doesn't get worse.

Before IRON declared (worst secret ever). I had a funny laugh about it actually. About 2 hours after a successful spy op got a message from Blade "Someone spying on you?" Replied back yeah you. Then the response of no we are getting spied on too top tier probably DBDC. It was pretty funny actually seeing most of them sit in PM during our "war". 

So funny you forgot to not surrender. :rolleyes:

Edited by Schattenmann

So the war status of what...3.3% of our nations matters that much to you? I mean I get PM complaints leveled at those who keep 50%+ in peace mode whilst on the winning side (no names...just a statement) but this is just silly.

You know why you're astoundingly wrong, right?

You know why you're astoundingly wrong, right?

IRON, like every other alliance on planet bob, keeps a strategic set of nations in peace mode. In our case those being highlighted are a merest fraction of the AA. The phrase those in glass houses and kettles calling pots black applies to every peace mode debate on planet bob and this is no exception. The peace mode debate only exists because; 

1) If the lower tier of an alliance is being ground whilst the upper tier hides, it is a way to break their moral and; 

2) There is some kind of hope that you can shame people out of peace mode to weaken them whilst you have the upper hand. 

Neither really works, but everyone goes along with it anyway. 

In this war there is a new element in it, partly in trying to justify extremely harsh peace terms, but mostly I suspect an element of acting like the bully in the pool changing rooms shouting "look at that nerd" in the hope that no one looks at him when he is getting changed.