New Polar Order recognition of war with TIO

EaTeMuP

Ok, if some one wants to send me the logs I'll dump them and not say who sent them to me. That way no one will know who is at fault (except me)

I'm willing to do this as well, and would actually not bring alot of shit for TIO by doing so.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You refering to anyone who was alliance leadership in an EQ alliance at the time, I find it hard to believe Brehon just forced you all to end the war, if the willpower was there to completely wipe out DH over the volunteer !@#$%^&* plan that I heard, we could have actually accomplished something. The last war's ending is going to have repercussions for another 2 years minimum.

This lacks recognition of critical facts. Chiefly among those lost facts is that Eq had very little remaining with which to continue pressuring DH and TOP. The Eq alliances doing the heavy lifting in the upper tiers were nearing the point of exhausting their ability to fight in that tier without sacrificing their ability to be effective in the upper tiers again in future. 

Had that war continued much longer, the upper tiers on the Competence side would have been able to rebuild, but the upper tiers on the Eq side would not have, at least not to nearly the degree Competence would have been able to. Continuing that war would have served only to create greater disparity in the upper tiers.

Getting the peace really wasn't the crux of what screwed Equilibrium up, things were screwy long before that. Lots of planning went into making a war that critical pieces of weren't a part of or truly invested in. Far too few of the folks that were truly invested were actually prepared to put in a full effort either.

There were certainly things Brehon did that exacerbated intracoalition tensions, but ending a war many wanted to continue but few actually wanted to fight isn't one of the worst sins out there.

Getting the peace really wasn't the crux of what screwed Equilibrium up, things were screwy long before that. Lots of planning went into making a war that critical pieces of weren't a part of or truly invested in. Far too few of the folks that were truly invested were actually prepared to put in a full effort either.

There were certainly things Brehon did that exacerbated intracoalition tensions, but ending a war many wanted to continue but few actually wanted to fight isn't one of the worst sins out there.

That's a very good point. It was pretty clear from the outset that several of the alliances carrying the weight weren't in it for the same reasons others were.

There it is. Insults, and cursing. Big surprise.

You have no substance to come after me with except a few words i happen to have in my dictionary you don't that make you feel so morally and intellectually superior for not using that you have to attempt to rub my nose in them like a bad wittle puppy dog. You used to be good at this. So far you've fallen.

At least Grub uses topics of matter. Come back when you have something worthwhile.

Do not actually disagree. It took censurably long for it to happen in this case, if anything.

I agree. I've been questioning this one on the Polar boards since the onset. I really didn't expect Sparta to perform this well, though. They earned my respect.

You have no substance to come after me with except a few words i happen to have in my dictionary you don't that make you feel so morally and intellectually superior for not using that you have to attempt to rub my nose in them like a bad wittle puppy dog. You used to be good at this. So far you've fallen.

At least Grub uses topics of matter. Come back when you have something worthwhile.

Good at this? It's not an argument or a debate. I'm merely commenting on how you seem to be losing your grip of reality. 

I think it's childish to have a response consisting of insults, #$3#4##, and nothing else. I think Hime Themis might be offering classes in civility. I really still think you're better than this, but I've been known to give people too many chances.

I agree. I've been questioning this one on the Polar boards since the onset. I really didn't expect Sparta to perform this well, though. They earned my respect.

Good at this? It's not an argument or a debate. I'm merely commenting on how you seem to be losing your grip of reality. 

I think it's childish to have a response consisting of insults, #$3#4##, and nothing else. I think Hime Themis might be offering classes in civility. I really still think you're better than this, but I've been known to give people too many chances.

Your attempting to discredit my character and slander me based on my vocabulary. Your second paragraph supports this. A weak avenue to walk.

Your attempting to discredit my character and slander me based on my vocabulary. Your second paragraph supports this. A weak avenue to walk.

There's really nothing I can do to a character by pointing out what a character does. I don't speak for you. You do it on your own.

Really has nothing to do with your character. Common respect is becoming a rarity around here. I'm sorry that it offends you that I'm pointing out you don't need to insult and curse to get a point across.

There's really nothing I can do to a character by pointing out what a character does. I don't speak for you. You do it on your own.

Really has nothing to do with your character. Common respect is becoming a rarity around here. I'm sorry that it offends you that I'm pointing out you don't need to insult and curse to get a point across.

You don't need to "point out" my words unless you're trying to achieve something. I don't hide them or behind them, everyone can see/ignore as they see fit, it's only you who attempts to belittle me over it. Because youre a sensitive flower is not my fault. Toughen up, there's far more worrisome things out there than a couple small words.

And you wanna talk about 'common respect' .....

I'm not knocking NATO's performance either, I just am tired of people !@#$ talking sparta when it has been shown they are definitely not pushovers, they've been told they sucked at war for 3 years, have given performances like this one at least twice before but still are getting no respect.

CN is horrid at changing its perceptions of alliances, particularly on the public level. Sparta's war performance this time around (as well as during EQ) has been pretty good, with them ranking quite highly in the number of wars fought and amount of damage done. Anybody saying they are useless meatbags or pushovers when it comes to war is very wrong, but well, being correct isn't exactly high on the list of priorities for trash talk during war. Hell, I'm pretty sure I saw members of NSO mocking Legion for sucking at fighting earlier in the war.

It's bull, but unfortunately, it seems that people would just rather revert to tired old lines rather than actually coming to terms with the reality that their enemies have either improved, or perhaps were simply never that bad in the first place.

It's bull, but unfortunately, it seems that people would just rather revert to tired old lines rather than actually coming to terms with the reality that their enemies have either improved, or perhaps were simply never that bad in the first place.

Its likely that there is not much left for them to say, hence they revert to tried and tested (in their opinion) putdowns.

Sparta's war performances of late have been consistent in their positiveness.

Yeah you did a pretty good job of beating up on me. I could not deal with your level of tech! I actually didn't know that Sparta were ill-regarded when it came to war.

It probably emerged during the Grudge War when they were immobile over one person leaving their alliance I think or something like that.

And then they were beat down in the Dave war with many of their numbers doing very badly at warring. 

Edited by Commander shepard

You don't need to "point out" my words unless you're trying to achieve something. I don't hide them or behind them, everyone can see/ignore as they see fit, it's only you who attempts to belittle me over it. Because youre a sensitive flower is not my fault. Toughen up, there's far more worrisome things out there than a couple small words.
And you wanna talk about 'common respect' .....

Starfox the fact you want to talk about someone being respectful is the most one of the many hypocritical things I've ever heard coming from you. Also you're literally asking for respect on the OWF. Literally. That's sad and Rayvon doesn't owe you shit on terms of respect. You've shown none to anyone. Maybe it's time to invest. Edited by Rotavele

With all due respect to Mogar as an individual player, I don't know why Mogar threatening anyone would be a cause for an entire alliance quaking in its boots.

He's one guy, was never part of EQ leadership, and certainly doesn't represent the current coalition arrayed against NSO -- and not exactly the perma zi type.

Edited by IYIyTh

I'm sensing some awkward turtles in here...Not gonna say things couldn't have been done differently, they could have from the onset. But at this point it is waaay too late to change things. At this point all you can do is honor treaties, which is what our allies in NATO and friends in TIO had to do (as much as it saddens me to see) and which is what Polaris had to do. Just sit back guys, engage in some friendly war banter, and sip a cool beer while the nukes fly until peace can be agreed. Don't burn bridges or friendships over something like this.

I'm sensing some awkward turtles in here...Not gonna say things couldn't have been done differently, they could have from the onset. But at this point it is waaay too late to change things. At this point all you can do is honor treaties, which is what our allies in NATO and friends in TIO had to do (as much as it saddens me to see) and which is what Polaris had to do. Just sit back guys, engage in some friendly war banter, and sip a cool beer while the nukes fly until peace can be agreed. Don't burn bridges or friendships over something like this.

Burn. All. The. Bridges.

With all due respect to Mogar as an individual player, I don't know why Mogar threatening anyone would be a cause for an entire alliance quaking in its boots.

He's one guy, was never part of EQ leadership, and certainly doesn't represent the current coalition arrayed against NSO -- and not exactly the perma zi type.

i definitely think my comment was misunderstood, I was merely commenting on the reality of coalition warfare, if you go to the table and parties don't mutually agree, you put further pressure on them to give them reason to agree to your terms, I do not think the majority of "our" coalition has reason to want to see TIO/NATO take any more damage than they have, but eventually someone was going to have to come in to relieve Sparta, they've done a hell of a job this war.

i definitely think my comment was misunderstood, I was merely commenting on the reality of coalition warfare, if you go to the table and parties don't mutually agree, you put further pressure on them to give them reason to agree to your terms, I do not think the majority of "our" coalition has reason to want to see TIO/NATO take any more damage than they have, but eventually someone was going to have to come in to relieve Sparta, they've done a hell of a job this war.

Agreed.

I was just confused because all of a sudden I was seeing "Mogar's demands really were a burden!!!" and I was sort of like  :|

Agreed.

I was just confused because all of a sudden I was seeing "Mogar's demands really were a burden!!!" and I was sort of like  :|

my surrender terms for the enemy coalition were i want 19 people to ghost my AA to get my own flags ingame, if thats genuinely a burden or difficult for the enemy coaliton they have far more problems than I ever could have imagined.