New Polar Order recognition of war with TIO

EaTeMuP

I think polar just wants to make those who dumped her in the past pay. Some kind of sad spiteful ex thing. We're still dealing more than we take, are we next?

It would be really difficult for Polaris to swing a dead cat and not hit an alliance they were once allied to in some way though.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A war without threats,

Would be peace time sausage fests,

Don't confuse war with peace,

So please let the tears cease,

And embrace them, like a poor man embraces his debts.

Just so you know, Terminator was on IRC last night agreeing with everything you have been saying on the OWF.  If Terminator started agreeing with me, i'd have a long sober look at myself :P

Just so you know, Terminator was on IRC last night agreeing with everything you have been saying on the OWF.  If Terminator started agreeing with me, i'd have a long sober look at myself :P

Its probably not so much agreeing with me as that would be a first and the sky is falling, but the realisation that he is sitting on a side of the fence which is opposite to his views. /shrugs

[ooc]maybe drunk?[/ooc]

lol you're still toeing this line? Haven't you guys $%&@ed up enough to continue trying to push such retardation?

I mean, I'm flattered we've managed to grasp and maintain so much attention with minimal efforts - but you're butt$%&@ stupid if you really think anyone beyond your own membership believes it.

Oh but when I do it, it's wrong, right? Also don't take my owf sentences word for word. My lyrical genius is nothing of yours and I don't respect being plagiarized. I am the leader of the attention whore tribe and do not appreciate basics like you jacking my swag. You can go ahead and turn off the computer now, you'll never do it like me boo. Edited by Rotavele

When I try to stop my friends from jumping a guy, I jump the guy with them too. NATO didn't want polar to get rolled, so they assisted in the rolling.

Incoherence 

Also stop complaining they didn't hit NATO. Sparta seems to be giving NATO a good fight already. Also NATO can always declare on polar if you really want to cry about it so much; they did just declare on your MADP partner bruh bruh.

It is less complaining and more strange that if this action was meant as protection as someone from NpO previously said then why didn't they attack the alliance doing the most damage to Sparta.

To quote starfox "minimalist effort in the war." seems apparent. 

Nobody is shocked, just pissed at the senselessness of it all. All of us people who fought together the last few years are beating the tar out of each other while the people we fought are sitting in their technologically superior fortresses laughing at us.

Put another way, Polar is fighting in the same coalition as GOONS and just attacked someone willing to burn for them less than 4 months ago. That's retarded, and the position could have been avoided, we would have taken a shot at TOP way before we ever would have declared on XX if given the opportunity :(

No one attacks our puppets and gets away with it.

I think polar just wants to make those who dumped her in the past pay. Some kind of sad spiteful ex thing. We're still dealing more than we take, are we next?

It isn't all about you, in fact it simply isn't about you at all.  Polaris has no interest in seeing the STA harmed, but you chose to be where you are so accept some responsibility for your own commitments and leave us to ours.  IT seems everyone has such a rampant ego these days, every move is all about them or all about something else other than stated when the facts are often much more simple and far less conspiracy theory.... except of course NSO who don't want it to be about them to such an extent they claim we didn't actually declare war on them but rather via them.  Heaven knows how people could misconstrue things so badly, but those rampant egos know no limitations it seems.

Perhaps you are mistaking NATO for TPF, which has acknowledged its position changed when it became obvious NPO was a key target for the Polar coalition rather than NSO. My position has been consistent: that a war designed to target a MD ally would directly impact NATO's MD obligations, regardless of the selection of the initial target. In that context, non-chaining clauses seem like a convenient excuse to avoid honouring a treaty.

Polar, at least, was specifically aware of this. Hence my surprise that its blocmate was the first oA against NPO, if I am to accept it genuinely wished to avoid this situation given relationships between allies. I guess Polar judged that the benefits outweighed the risks or costs of putting us in this position, which is its perogative.

Maybe yours personally, but NATO's has not been as a collective for some time. 

As for your concern of Polar's judgment and well-being by defending its ally while you claim to only be doing the same -- again, one would expect far less bellicosity coming from your camp.

So now that you managed to bring out one DoW, the threats start all over again?

What threat? You're at war.

Meanwhile your desire to debate the context for why you are more important than any other alliance is more than obnoxious for those who are already fighting. For alliances like Sparta (who are putting more than doing their fair share of the heavy lifting,) it seems that if there were any threats they came from your camp about how many restrictions an enemy coalition would have to placate for you to play ball. Stop whining and talking about how valiant you are for deciding to defend NPO, there are plenty of alliances in this war who are fighting for their allies and I can't begin to discern why NATO is so special in this regard. 

If this was NATO's actual stance throughout this war I would've had a hard time waiting you out as Polar did thinking you would get a free pass at the behest of their ally. You should be grateful all things considered -- and yet here I see how Polar lending help to an ally obviously being targeted is a "threat."

Perhaps you all should've stayed out of the fray if you were going to complain so much once you came in.

Edited by IYIyTh

bah, you are just angry that I beat you this week.  In something or another.... <whistles>

war is good, people fight. lines drawn/erased/remembered/forgotten....  NATO honor intact.

(Hey, we all do things for a reason :D . I'll see you in the finals ;) )

Can't believe it took LnK for me to agree with someone in NATO on something.

Maybe yours personally, but NATO's has not been as a collective for some time. 

As for your concern of Polar's judgment and well-being by defending its ally while you claim to only be doing the same -- again, one would expect far less bellicosity coming from your camp.

I think we all know bellicosity transcends positions, statistics and even reason. To expect otherwise is to forget all previous wars.

As for this declaration, I am confident that both blocs can understand the position of the other and this front can remain respectful while allowing for some sporting public jabs.

I'm quite chill. 

That you so quickly narrow down and equate broad actions to singular negative conclusion is in your own mind. A sure sign of prejudice and a weak mind. 

Get the $%&@ over it, some people swear. Some people don't. Some speak English, some speak Italian. Our differences are what make us .. Different.

emo-sob.gif

There it is. Insults, and cursing. Big surprise.

That didn't really stop Polaris last war, either.

Heaven forbid we aid a blocmate being attacked by two alliances. I remember a time when people would see that as honorable, or the automatic thing to do.

Very much enjoying it, yes. You're doing a much better job doing your whole sphere in this past month alone than we all expected to do just to you in our several conversations several months ago. 

Figures I talk about a weak mind and you're the first to respond with an unintelligible response to the post . Were your ears tingling?

Rayvon, I see you are also a massive optimist. You do a good job of spinning a terrible situation into a win. 

Unfortunately, reality has to meet you eventually.

Last I checked, TIO and NATO were beating up Sparta. They certainly aren't losing right now. So they have plenty of bargaining power.

Not really, when Sparta is holding back a pack of wolves and trying to resolve it without it coming to this. Now the wolves will be released in a completely predictable outcome the moment this war was declared. 

At least one thing is certain, things are going to be very different post-war. Lots of old friendships thrown away for realpolitik. Only 4 years too late however.

It's about time. 

I meant more that even though our coalition is grossly outnumbered, coalition v. coalition the damage output has been fairly even. This is likely because your coalition has targeting problems. Even out numbered, for example, we've been able to cycle people in and out of PM to restock. That's pretty sad.

I just want to point out the hilarity of this statement in a DoW thread against one of those alliances.

Oh, yes, because NPO didn't let any members of Competence do this last war, or has never let entire alliances escape to peace mode. 

I would expect an NPO Emperor to understand the realities of coalition warfare. You will never be able to catch them all even with a bloc of Umbrella's and TOP's.

Edited by Starfox101

Heaven forbid we aid a blocmate being attacked by two alliances. I remember a time when people would see that as honorable, or the automatic thing to do.

Do not actually disagree. It took censurably long for it to happen in this case, if anything.

One regret here, Mogar said something like, if you don't peace out we'll pile on you until you do. My fear is that polars entry on TIO just turned this from a fringe conflict to one that will last till the very last day of the war.

I, for one, will not be underestimating TIO's ability to leave any war early.

Both sides are winning their offensive wars (predictably), but that ~1.4 mil carved out by NATO is comprehensive, even if it isn't as bad as Sparta's old foes would prefer.

I'm not knocking NATO's performance either, I just am tired of people shit talking sparta when it has been shown they are definitely not pushovers, they've been told they sucked at war for 3 years, have given performances like this one at least twice before but still are getting no respect.

Nobody is shocked, just pissed at the senselessness of it all. All of us people who fought together the last few years are beating the tar out of each other while the people we fought are sitting in their technologically superior fortresses laughing at us.

Put another way, Polar is fighting in the same coalition as GOONS and just attacked someone willing to burn for them less than 4 months ago. That's retarded, and the position could have been avoided, we would have taken a shot at TOP way before we ever would have declared on XX if given the opportunity :(

We had a chance, you all wanted to take your ball and go home over finish the job, thank Brehon and the rest of EQ leadership for this current war.

I'm not knocking NATO's performance either, I just am tired of people !@#$ talking sparta when it has been shown they are definitely not pushovers, they've been told they sucked at war for 3 years, have given performances like this one at least twice before but still are getting no respect.

Sparta's war performances of late have been consistent in their positiveness. That's not the problem people seem to have with them, it wasn't that even during our time in XX.

We had a chance, you all wanted to take your ball and go home over finish the job, thank Brehon and the rest of EQ leadership for this current war.

"You" who?

Sparta's war performances of late have been consistent in their positiveness. That's not the problem people seem to have with them, it wasn't that even during our time in XX.

"You" who?

You refering to anyone who was alliance leadership in an EQ alliance at the time, I find it hard to believe Brehon just forced you all to end the war, if the willpower was there to completely wipe out DH over the volunteer bullshit plan that I heard, we could have actually accomplished something. The last war's ending is going to have repercussions for another 2 years minimum.