Crymson AMA

Crymson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming TOP had no members interested in governing, and you were charged with selecting outsiders to fill the various government positions, who would you choose? Oh, and half of your choices should be from allied/friendly alliances and half from other spheres, however prominent or peripheral. 

Assuming TOP had no members interested in governing, and you were charged with selecting outsiders to fill the various government positions, who would you choose? Oh, and half of your choices should be from allied/friendly alliances and half from other spheres, however prominent or peripheral. 

I think they already did this . . .

Which people on CN do you like less than me?

Hard to say. When it comes to the people for whom I have no time, I tend to equally have no time for all of them. Rest assured, though, that I don't take the step of actively disliking people online. It's not worth it.

That would require a lot of thought. I'll get back to you.

What were your thoughts on The Grämlins leaving the Citadel, your real thoughts not the official ones you had to have, unless those were your actual thoughts.

I don't think that I was ever shy about my thoughts on the matter. Ramirus was quite possibly the most consummate narcissist I have ever met, and, as all saw in time, a completely maladroit leader. He was extremely unpleasant to deal with, and he had destroyed all trust and cooperation within the Citadel by openly and regularly leaking information from the Citadel forums and IRC channels to other alliances for his own political purposes. By the time the Gramlins left the Citadel, they were a shell of their old selves. The lion's share of the old members had long since left in disgust, and inactives and Ramirus's cronies constituted the vast majority of those who remained. Given all of the above, nobody in the Citadel was especially broken up about the Gramlins departing, though we were all unhappy that Ramirus had obliterated our relationship with an alliance we had all formerly been close with. 

On a related note, one of the Gramlins' prominent members was so disgusted with Ramirus that he gave me all of his logs when he quit the game and told me to do whatever I wanted with them. I'm sure that there is some interesting stuff in there, given that this fellow was very active in government circles, but I've never really looked through the logs. Maybe I will someday, but probably not.

would you vouch for me to join top

edit: rank the following edmonton oilers ice hockey players, in order of their value (ie, which would you rather own). Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov, Magnus Paajarvi, Teemu Hartikainen, Justin Schultz, Jeff Petry, Devan Dubnyk.

tia

Edited by New Frontier

At one point does telling someone you have no time for them become actually having a little bit of time for them?

Edited by IYIyTh

Why do you consider me intelligent and why do you consider me foolish? :v

Also obligatory would you vouch for me joining TOP (I actually am a long time pdox boards resident, everyone else asking it :P)

Edited by Ogaden

You say that Polar refuses to take responsibility for its actions, and whilst I disagree with you I can understand how you get to that opinion BUT I believe that TOP is the single most self-serving alliance on the planet.  Do you think that your convenient exit from Q and the flip to the judge, jury and executioner of NPO was the right move in retrospect?

Do you honestly believe that the OOC players behind the names in alliances such as Polar are really that different to those behind the names in TOP?

would you vouch for me to join top

I don't know you very well, so it wouldn't be possible. I know you're joking, but just to explain to everyone: a vouch for admission to TOP requires that one knows the applicant well enough to say with confidence that he or she would be a good addition to the community. The admissions process's main goal is to ensure that only those who will fit in well gain entrance to the alliance. Contrary to old belief, nation size has never been a factor.

edit: rank the following edmonton oilers ice hockey players, in order of their value (ie, which would you rather own). Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nail Yakupov, Magnus Paajarvi, Teemu Hartikainen, Justin Schultz, Jeff Petry, Devan Dubnyk.

Eberle, Hall, RNH, Schultz, Yakupov, Paajarvi, Petry, Dubnyk. Petry and Dubnyk are completely expendable, though I do have a temporary fondness for Petry for his having scored the Wings' tying goal against the Oilers last Friday. I don't know of Hartikainen well enough to make an educated judgment on his abilities.

At one point does telling someone you have no time for them become actually having a little bit of time for them?

Try spinning around 20 times and saying that backwards.

Why do you consider me intelligent and why do you consider me foolish? :v

Also obligatory would you vouch for me joining TOP (I actually am a long time pdox boards resident, everyone else asking it :P)

No time.

What's your favorite nation name? ;)

Yours, of course! An honorary mention goes to Donkey Punch Island, a nation that existed back in 2007.

Sup old timer.  At what point do you believe DR started plotting to take down DH?

I don't think DR was heavily involved in any plotting against DH. Plotting of that sort is, in my opinion, not the MO of those alliances (for better or worse). That said, no plotting was really necessary, as a CB was given to AI. NPO was almost certainly the driving force behind AI choosing to push it to war.

You say that Polar refuses to take responsibility for its actions, and whilst I disagree with you I can understand how you get to that opinion BUT I believe that TOP is the single most self-serving alliance on the planet.  Do you think that your convenient exit from Q and the flip to the judge, jury and executioner of NPO was the right move in retrospect?

Do you honestly believe that the OOC players behind the names in alliances such as Polar are really that different to those behind the names in TOP?

I do not know anyone in Polar well enough to judge how their OOC personas might be. Some people who are wholly unpleasant in IC discourse are also wholly unpleasant in OOC discourse. On a related note, I don't think anyone in TOP puts forth a pretense of themselves.

I know better than to spend any effort on answering your first question.

Oh, apparently I forgot to bandwagon with the obligatory inquiry into your willingness to vouch for inquirers. So, yeah, would you?

Interestingly, TOP was on the short list of alliances I considered joining in the past -- after my exit from VE and then briefly when departing Symphony. Others considered were NoR, MK, and FAN. I like quite a few from TOP and have a long history with the likes of Lum, Megamind, SGC, and the recent convert Ardus, among others. So, yeah, I think I'd enjoy it there, but I am happy with my decisions to have helped found Symphony and then later migrate to DT.

One more: What update to game mechanics would you most like to see?

What's up Crymson? When you going to come out of retirement and takeover TOP? Also, obligatory, would you vouch for me?

But in all seriousness, after this war is over, where do you see TOP going? Where would you [i]like[/i] to see TOP going?

Back to joking, does anyone in TOP really like Megamind????

btw <3 u megamind. :P

What made you change your mind about disliking the culture and membership of MK, as well as not wanting any ties with them? Were you against the treaty and do you think TOP still would of done it if they knew it would drive a wedge between you guys and Duckroll+Pillowfort?