Crymson AMA

Crymson

Do you think if we didn't vote to kick Old Guard out of The Citadel, it would of been possible to salvage it and The Citadel might still be around? Umbrella was threatening to leave if Old Guard was kept in, but with Argent having been added, even if they left The Citadel would still of been up one member from what it had originally.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like you have the impression that we were responsible for that affair. That is inaccurate. We piggybacked in small part to help NPO, and in much larger part because we (the leadership at the time) judged that involvement in a war would benefit the alliance. There is virtually no chance whatsoever that we would have come into conflict with GPA of our own accord.

Uneducated question FTL.

It's based on a comment you made so it's not uneducated. No, maybe I misunderstood something you said or you have a sudden case of amnesia. I fully believe it is the headknocking disorder.

What is something most people don't know about TOP?

I don't know. It seems like we have the highest number of advanced degrees per member of any major alliance in the game? Maybe that?

Do you think if we didn't vote to kick Old Guard out of The Citadel, it would of been possible to salvage it and The Citadel might still be around? Umbrella was threatening to leave if Old Guard was kept in, but with Argent having been added, even if they left The Citadel would still of been up one member from what it had originally.

Not a chance. Ramirus destroyed the Citadel. He destroyed its unity and function by being his abrasive, narcissistic self, and destroyed its trust by regularly leaking what was said in private. He was by far the primary catalyst from its transformation to a constantly troubled but tightly-knit bloc to a useless entity.

For those who don't know this about the Citadel, it was a nearly constant headache for everyone involved. We screamed at each other constantly. What was unique about the bloc, however, is that hardly anyone ever took anything personally, and the signatories all remained close despite the virulent bickering. That all changed when Ramirus came around. That guy was a real piece of work.

Crymson is interesting.

What do you think of Nordreich?

I don't have much of an opinion of Nordreich, as I have had very little contact with any of its iterations throughout my time in CN.

Do you feel TOP's current government accurately reflects it's membership? Explain.

Do you mean "represents"? Please specify.

Would you give me a voucher for an ice cold beer?

No. But if you want to sample some terrible beer, the Coors factory is only 30 minutes from me.

Do you mean "represents"? Please specify.

No. But if you want to sample some terrible beer, the Coors factory is only 30 minutes from me.

I confess to actually liking Coors Original. The other Coors products are terribly though. Just. Plain. Ish.

Getting back to the real question, I meant that as "are they similar to the membership". Would the current gov be a good sample group if someone were to take a poll, are their views similar to the views of membership etc.

Hey bud, long time no talk.

How's life?

Life is OK, thanks. How are your rotations going?

I confess to actually liking Coors Original. The other Coors products are terribly though. Just. Plain. Ish.

Getting back to the real question, I meant that as "are they similar to the membership". Would the current gov be a good sample group if someone were to take a poll, are their views similar to the views of membership etc.

Their actions and publicly stated views reflect the priorities and opinions of the membership (unless otherwise stated). Some democracies don't work well, but ours does.

How do you feel about me? :D

Indifferent.

How do you feel about IRON and our treaty failure

We were not given any real chance to address IRON's grievances; it was clear to us from the start that the intention of the Q&A in which we participated at IRON's request was to provide a reason for them to cancel the treaty. In the end, our government was simply given abrupt, disrespectful demands whose fulfillment was necessary to avoid cancellation. We were unwilling to do so, and so they canceled the treaty. The reasons we were officially given for the cancellation were nonsensical. The affair was, in sum, almost identical to the treatment we received from FOK when that alliance chose to cancel our likewise longstanding treaty. Ironically, FOK's condition in that event was that we cut ties with IRON.

After the cancellation, we were made aware of MCRABT telling what amounted to lies when asked on other forums why IRON cancelled on us.

While I'm fully aware that relationships ebb and flow in this game, I think that we deserved better treatment after all of our years together.

Edit: I edited this primarily in order to fix some errors in sentence structure.

Sup Crymson, been a while.  Hows thangs?  We still cool, right?

Peace.

Of course.

Edited by Crymson

Once TOP became joined at the hip with MK, wasn't it always likely that TOP and IRON would drift apart?  To me the moment I saw TOP sign with MK and it was clear there was a tight bond there, I figured TOP's relationship with IRON was in for a rough ride.

Once TOP became joined at the hip with MK, wasn't it always likely that TOP and IRON would drift apart?  To me the moment I saw TOP sign with MK and it was clear there was a tight bond there, I figured TOP's relationship with IRON was in for a rough ride.

No. For some time, MK and IRON were cordial and worked productively together, as their goals---most notably the Winter War---were in sync. It was only after the Dave War that divergence occurred.

How did you feel when Longbowe stopped using the TOP vHost and switched to the Koreaboo vHost? Did you enjoy his thread he posted on the TOP forum?

I figured this thread would be utterly useless and filled with egocentric replies from the most incompetent Grand Master that TOP has ever had, but you have made it all worth while.