Crymson AMA

Crymson

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you love me?

We get along much better than we did back in the day!

Biggest regret, proudest moment and why.

Proudest moment: posting the joint DoW against Polar in 2008. It was the culmination of a yearlong vendetta between the two alliances, and success was very sweet. The fact that it was a seven-alliance DoW made it that much better.

Biggest regret: Not retiring from government in 2008, and most specifically taking on my last term in late 2009. I was, quite frankly, serving out of addiction from the end of 2009 until my last term in government. I'm sure numerous other leaders and ex-leaders know what I'm talking about: I was simply very protective of TOP, and thought that I was the best man for the job. I was not playing out of fun. My addiction to the game inevitably led to emotional involvement, and it also drove me to make mistakes. I take any position of responsibility very seriously, so I felt guilty about those for a long time.

Who are you? :P

I'm your brother, and the mayor, and his three daughters.

Why are you such a grouch

I'm by no means a grouch. To you, it may seem that way, because you're one of the few people in CN whom I have absolutely no time for. To be completely honest, I think that you are intelligent but very foolish (I would not have said this had you not, in effect, asked what my problem with you is), and your behavior along those lines makes me completely uninterested in interacting with you.

Do you love enderland?

There are many types of love.

Would you vouch me to join TOP?

Nope. No offense, but I wouldn't have anything positive to say about you. That said, I do respect the contribution you make to the game, namely being an abrasive homer. This game needs people of that sort---though not too many---and you play the part well.

Nope. No offense, but I wouldn't have anything positive to say about you. That said, I do respect the contribution you make to the game, namely being an abrasive homer. This game needs people of that sort---though not too many---and you play the part well.

Dammit, there goes my chance to be a paradoxian :/

Do you intend to leave (CN) after this war?

No; I enjoy TOP's community and interacting with others in the game. However, I have not been very active in alliance affairs for some time, and that is likely to continue. I pitched in for war preparations because it was necessary, but the war itself has been almost unbearably boring for me. I found myself becoming bored with the war mechanics during the Dave War, and that has boredom has increased in intensity throughout this war. I almost completely lack the motivation to sign in and run attacks every night; I do so solely out of duty. I suppose it's logical that doing the same thing over and over again in nine wars would get old. I'm glad for those who still enjoy it after so long, but I don't.

Any regrets in between Grudge War and now? Are you happy with where TOP is at this point in time? Why have you always been at least cordial to me while everyone else claims you're a total bitch? Am I just missing your clever sarcasm?

As my controversial contributions during that period have been few or non-existent, no, I have no substantial regrets. Am I happy with where TOP is at the moment? People are having fun and our community is healthy, so I'm satisfied. Other alliances might measure their success mostly in terms of how they're doing politically, but this has not been the case with us for some years.

I'm actually cordial with almost everyone I speak to on a private or semi-private basis. I can be extremely abrasive on the OWF or on bloc forums when politics are concerned---and I have, as you know, criticized you in the past along those lines---but there are few that I don't get along with when we interact in a more direct setting. Though it's not overly concerning to me how many people dislike me---I have good relationships with those who matter to me---I have found that the vast majority who speak ill of me are individuals who don't know me beyond the OWF or what others tell them about me.

If someone needs to have on quality to succeed at this game, what would it be, why.

You have to change on decision your alliance made in the past, what is it, why?

Aside from the obvious (intelligence, reason, ability to plan, etc.), there are two that come to mind: the ability to admit that you're wrong and accept that there may be others who have more enlightened opinions on some important issues than you do; and a disregard for recognition. The first allows one to make better use in governance of those around, contributes to a more stable community, and removes distance between the leader and the membership; and the second removes the all-too-human tendency to do things purely out of desire for acclaim and the like, and instead directs one toward doing solely what is best for his or her alliance.

There are many others, of course, that are just as important, but those are the first two that sprang to mind.

Who's your favorite alliance of the other side of the fence?

And why?

Edit: type.

That's a hard one, as I long ago lost contact with many people on that side; too, my social circle within this community has continuously shrunk over the past few years as more and more of the old-timers have departed the game. Perhaps DT and Sengoku, on account of the people there whom I like and because they are both capable alliances.

Who's got the stanley cup?

This will be a good thread Crymson. Thanks :)

As much as I hate to say it as a Red Wings fan, Chicago and Pittsburgh are the likely favorites at this point. That said, as the NHL has repeatedly shown us, anything can happen in the playoffs. That's one of the things that makes the NHL playoffs, in my opinion, the best postseason in any sport. 

When are we going to get around to doing a multiplayer shogun 2 campaign?

Whenever you want. I'll reinstall it for the 5th time. It lasted for two days on my HDD last time before I got bored and deleted it again.

You have to change on decision your alliance made in the past, what is it, why?

I'll refer here only to my own decisions. The first one that comes to mind is my decision to back the idea of a preemptive strike in Bipolar. TOP's influence amongst the group that participated was enough to make or torpedo that plan, and I wish I'd done the latter. I don't think that there was any way we could have foreseen what happened, but nevertheless I took it as a failure on my part.

Favorite AA?

Least liked AA?

Why for both

Favorite AA? TOP, of course! Aside from that, probably MK. Despite having very little in common in terms of alliance culture, we get along very well and work very productively together.

Least liked AA? Polar. Not because of our historical rivalry or because I necessarily dislike people there---I'm long past that---but rather because a seemingly integral part of that alliance's culture entails refusing to take responsibility for anything the alliance does or for anything that happens to the alliance as a result of what it does. I deplore those who refuse to take responsibility for their behavior and for its consequences.