Upper End of the War

Vasily Blyukher

I'm thinking you might want to sink the bar well below 100k.

Some of you are talking about DH and Co abandoning everything below 100k. Well, frankly outside of 2-3 alliances that's almost everyone in each AA.

For example, TOP, whom we're currently engaged with, has 7 whole nations left above 100k.

And I really doubt Loli comes out of PM any time soon, because frankly they have a terrible war chest for their size. 

Many of you keep with the line that this side won't be allowed over 100k. Who cares?  I strongly advise you to keep with a strategy that keeps 90% of most  of the alliances on your side out gunned, out nuked and out of PM for the benefit of UMB and the top 10-15 nations on most AA's.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the third post you guys make about Loli's warchest. He won't leave PM, rest assured.

We'll help you: Loli has a bad WC for his size but at around 700m, it's not that ridiculous, given the many "150m" we see around. It's also our only really subpar WC in our top 40 nations. If we were to start throwing names of the nations we face with inadequate WCs, this thread would span a few more pages.

Lastly, you're facing a few more nations than that. As we said, we have five on other AAs. The strategy is working. It's not a pretty one, but it's working and it's arguably the only one that was available to us if we wanted to achieve victory or stalemate.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Your 1K nations will be triple piled.

Your 10K nations will be triple ganged.

Your 20K nations will also be triple piled.

Your 30K nations will also be triple ganged.

It all comes down to who's willing to keep fighting longer and eat the losses. If the Equalibrium side had endless morale, it could deprive DH and its allies of any new recruits and slowly dunk some of the upper members into the piranna tank one by one. If the Doomhouse side had endless morale, EQ would lose much of its upper tier fighters that are in war mode.

Hmm, at 1k we're doing quite nicely. Old players coming back tend to do rather well against unwashed newbies.

Your 1K nations will be triple piled.

Your 10K nations will be triple ganged.

Your 20K nations will also be triple piled.

Your 30K nations will also be triple ganged.

It all comes down to who's willing to keep fighting longer and eat the losses. If the Equalibrium side had endless morale, it could deprive DH and its allies of any new recruits and slowly dunk some of the upper members into the piranna tank one by one. If the Doomhouse side had endless morale, EQ would lose much of its upper tier fighters that are in war mode.

10k-20k-30k nations can easily be rebuild with aid. A 100k nation who loses 3k tech in a cycle of war can't be rebuild :)  It's only a matter of time before you will see us reigning supreme in the 50k+ tier, and in the lower tier we will still put up a amazing fight :)

I'm thinking you might want to sink the bar well below 100k.

Some of you are talking about DH and Co abandoning everything below 100k. Well, frankly outside of 2-3 alliances that's almost everyone in each AA.

For example, TOP, whom we're currently engaged with, has 7 whole nations left above 100k.

And I really doubt Loli comes out of PM any time soon, because frankly they have a terrible war chest for their size. 

Many of you keep with the line that this side won't be allowed over 100k. Who cares?  I strongly advise you to keep with a strategy that keeps 90% of most  of the alliances on your side out gunned, out nuked and out of PM for the benefit of UMB and the top 10-15 nations on most AA's.

100k? you might be lucky to keep it as high as 60k. At this point the toptiers from C&G and especially the GATO toptier has no match in their enemies. It's our entire side which will be dominating.

100k? you might be lucky to keep it as high as 60k. At this point the toptiers from C&G and especially the GATO toptier has no match in their enemies. It's our entire side which will be dominating.

Why thank you. I did what I could to get my alliance in fighting shape over the last few years. 20 over 98k is pretty decent this day in ageI guess.

Such delusion.

Even more humorous given that most of C&G is in peace mode and has been for a while.

The only thing your "side" will be dominating is the peacemode warrior war, ODN is in the lead.

Such delusion.

Even more humorous given that most of C&G is in peace mode and has been for a while.

The only thing your "side" will be dominating is the peacemode warrior war, ODN is in the lead.

Says the guy with meaningless 30K NS, in peace mode, despite your "numerous advantages", spouting more BS

But hey, by all means, carry on.

:facepalm:

Imagine there's 100 "monster nations" that are buffered from the rest of EQ by the neutrals.  All EQ has to do is build 3 people up to just the top 250, not very high at all and those 3 pick off one target.  They essentially ignore all of the counters and concentrate on bringing one nation down with them. Those 3 nations will be out of commission for awhile, but once that one guy is brought down to reachable level it would only take 12 mid tier nations to constantly grind him down with a full back collect in between for each nation.  That guy will be down to buying back and firing 2 nukes a day (maybe hitting with both, but most likely not) and while it'll be painful there won't be any reason that couldn't be kept up for months at a time with 2-3 of their nations.  

I can see that Equilibrium's finest military minds thought about this, it sounds like a winning strategy and you should go for it.

This statistic is a couple of days old, but ODN is also in the lead for total number of wars being fought at present. Just wanted to contribute to this great thread by saying something factual. Please carry on.

Why thank you. I did what I could to get my alliance in fighting shape over the last few years. 20 over 98k is pretty decent this day in ageI guess.

Because you're the only person who's led to our overall improvement over the past few years.

Either way, right now we are doing our part for the overall scheme of things and I suspect over the next week or so, things will no longer be so "bleak" as the other side describes our coalition as.

Says the guy with meaningless 30K NS, in peace mode, despite your "numerous advantages", spouting more BS

But hey, by all means, carry on.

:facepalm:

My NS is pointless, I should not even be warring.

Everyone at my level and alliances like GOONS should just disband as we are meaningless.

Not that it is relevant, me entering peace mode was to restock before facing terrible opponents again in VE.

Perhaps I had no need to as VE and Umbrella can not really attack nations at this level, but there was members out of anarchy or in peacemode mode, having my defenses down so low while facing the threat of been caught offguard would have had an negative effect on my nation.

So I entered peace mode and just decommissioned most of soldiers, tanks and airplanes while rebuying nukes.

The difference is I already fought and I did this exact same thing in my previous two major wars, once I leave after collecting it is non stop war until the end may it last 2 months or 3 months or 6. 

My only disappoint is that I will have missed 3 days of warring against opponents.

Preference: war.gif War is an option for Zero-One since 2/5/2013.

Strange that you were in peace mode when DH thinks they are awesome in the top tier.

This statistic is a couple of days old, but ODN is also in the lead for total number of wars being fought at present. Just wanted to contribute to this great thread by saying something factual. Please carry on.

I'd say well done to everyone facing ODN, now bring the other >50% of your alliance out of PM.

Edited by Commander shepard

I just hope the Doom House side doesn't start surrendering to early, as I think this ending to soon would be a disappointment for all. We don't get wars of this scale often. After all the wars a lot of these alliances fighting Doom House have had to fought where there really was no hope of winning, I think the Equillibrium side will have plenty of moral to fight as long as needed now that Doom House doesn't have the majority of the NS stacked on their side. Most of the alliances on the Equilibrium side are no strangers to fighting uphill wars, which is why Doom House had somewhat of an advantage in the really high NS in the beginning.

Small correction for the TOP front.
Above 100k NS, we're 8 war, 4 peace, not 7/4.

To better understand our front, you also have to take into account some of the side wars and the presence of Methax and friends.

As far as our enemies go, above 100k NS:
Sengoku: 0/2
DT: 5/2
TORN: 0/1
Argent: 5/0 (Biggest is 105k NS)
SNAFU: 0/1
ML: 0/0
CA: 0/0
UE: 0/0
AB: 1/3
GLOF: 1/2
TPF: 4/3 (Biggest out of PM is 107k NS)
Neb-X: 0/0
Total: 30 nations: 16 in war, 14 in peace.

Unless I'm missing someone. At war, it gives us a 2:1 scenario. But if you factor in the people we have out of the AA (TOP has five) and some of our allies in Doombird Doomcave who have helped us from time to time, the reality on the ground is that we are very close to parity in the 100k+ NS, at least outside PM. And since we hold a definitive upper hand in warchests (save for maybe DT who are well prepared for a prolonged fight, /tiphat), it is easy to see what will happen in the next month or so.

Not being biased here, but the same way you said that you could factor other AAs that helped you from time to time, there are many other alliances that you could factor on the Eq side. In fact, there are multiple alliances from the Q side that havent joined yet. While some of them are not particularly strong (except one), all of them have a handfull of nations above 100. Some alliances that might eventually joing Q: Apparatus, UPN, House Baratheon, Alpha Omega (despite umbrella ties) etc.

I think the war is too early to call, however as I said earlier, the biggest advantage of Q side is the capacity of rotate nations and even alliances. On the other hand DH side nations will need to be either in PM or engaged.

Added: By the way, The order of the black rose has a treaty with Sparta. If I was Sparta's MoFA (I was in the past but I not even in the AA anymore) I would be talking to Hime Themis everyday trying to convince them to join. They are not very fond of DH and While the possibility of they joining the war is low , if happens it would be a major blow against DH. Edited by King Louis the II

Not being biased here, but the same way you said that you could factor other AAs that helped you from time to time, there are many other alliances that you could factor on the Eq side. In fact, there are multiple alliances from the Q side that havent joined yet. While some of them are not particularly strong (except one), all of them have a handfull of nations above 100. Some alliances that might eventually joing Q: Apparatus, UPN, House Baratheon, Alpha Omega (despite umbrella ties) etc.

I think the war is too early to call, however as I said earlier, the biggest advantage of Q side is the capacity of rotate nations and even alliances. On the other hand DH side nations will need to be either in PM or engaged.

Added: By the way, The order of the black rose has a treaty with Sparta. If I was Sparta's MoFA (I was in the past but I not even in the AA anymore) I would be talking to Hime Themis everyday trying to convince them to join. They are not very fond of DH and While the possibility of they joining the war is low , if happens it would be a major blow against DH.

OBR has already stated they will be neutral for this war.

Added: By the way, The order of the black rose has a treaty with Sparta. If I was Sparta's MoFA (I was in the past but I not even in the AA anymore) I would be talking to Hime Themis everyday trying to convince them to join. They are not very fond of DH and While the possibility of they joining the war is low , if happens it would be a major blow against DH.

The response you will receive is "HAVE YOU READ THE TREATY?!"

It's already the most lopsided dogpile in CN history, yet you still feel the need to add more AA's to the mix! Are you not seeing what is happening?

Speaking for the Upper Tier of the war, as this thread is titled, there will not be a single EQ nation over 110k when all is said and done. This is not propaganda or idle threat, this is a certainty. I'm not sure how many different ways it must be spelled out, but that spells disaster to me, as the 120+ range is my playground as it is for many of my allies.

The guy who posted about bring up a nation "just in range of the top nations" made my year by the way. See my war chart vs zangetsu if you need a preview of how that goes. I just fail to see how this current upper tier scenario wasn't envisioned by the EQ war planners (if such a job exists).

http://www.cybernations.net/war_information.asp?ID=714399

P.S. - I am dearly hoping one of the 30k peacemoders comments about how I'm currently in peace mode... Edited by CubaQuerida

The treaty they have is a Letter of Amity.  OBR and Sparta:

1. Acknowledge a desire to further relations in a formal fashion.
2. Pledge special care in the positive discourse between members in all public venues.
3. Refrain from negative commentary or complaint in all public venues.
4. Agree to resolve all reasonable grievances in a private and cordial manner.
5. Will pursue broader social contact between members.
6. Open economic interests with each other
7. Share information or intelligence that is received that impacts the other.
8. Be open to enhancing the level of formal diplomatic relations where reasonable.
9. Refrain from any aggressive military action or spying efforts against the other.
10. Refrain from providing succour to an enemy of the other during war.
11. Will provide knowledge, advice and aid in reasonable measure as requested.
12. Maintain a formal active diplomatic post in the Alliance Forum of each other.

While it has details particular to OBR and their style of diplomacy, it would be a strange reading of this document that considered it a military pact.

Indeed, as far as I'm aware, the only military pact that OBR have entered into is "The Black Rose Grows", their optional defense pact with TOP.

I'd say well done to everyone facing ODN, now bring the other >50% of your alliance out of PM.

They are courageous indeed for taking us on, even in overwhelming numbers. We are no pushovers.

I will forward your advice on the timing of releasing reserves to our military strategists. I am sure they will take it very seriously.

I'd readily acknowledge that the battle for the upper tier has not been pretty for the EQ side, as I think most people who pay attention to stats would have anticipated. The DH side has done a really excellent job up there, so well done on that front. But I really fail to see how 50 or so nations spread out over different AA's are going to make this a win for the them. It would be embarrassing for EQ to not be able to maintain nations over 100k NS, but as someone else asked, what exactly does that matter in terms of larger scale balance of power? The flip side of EQ being entirely sub-100k for perpetuity is that DH/C&G ends up without any damage output ability beyond those upper tier nations. Everyone else is going to end up in PM, pinned to ZI/lZT/ZL, or even bill-locked. I think that's an acceptable outcome.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

there will not be a single EQ nation over 110k when all is said and done. This is not propaganda or idle threat, this is a certainty

This is almost certainly false. There's no way one of these bazillion alliances doesn't have someone over 110k sitting in PM with a crappy WC or RL obligations or what have you, who'll never get hit.

I know, I know, that's not what you meant. But it's what you said. ;)

Why do you compare alliances who aren't fighting with people who fight, just don't sit on their mother AA? DD and others should be included into the stats to see things clear.

Also it would be nice to have stats about major alliances's offensive and defensive wars at high tier to see who are fighting really.

Also someone should start a warchest bragging thread too :D (only 10bil+ qualifies)

I did the maths based on the fighters engaged on our fronts. My "don't forget to count a few extra nations on our side" comment doesn't mean we have alliances in reserves but that we have people hiding on fake AAs, something Eq side doesn't have to do.

If you want to start throwing potential AAs, then it's pointless to do maths. I'd be surprised to see AO, HB or OBR join Eq, given their stronger ties (at least, treaty wise) to our side.