A Note of Concern and Assistance

ChairmanHal

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340057207' post='2987987']

CnG is not the same bloc that I grew alongside in this game. Simple as.
[/quote]

Yeah, they grew smarter. Truly a tragedy...

Edited by tamerlane

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1340057040' post='2987979']
I'm sorry that we absolutely refuse to take the obvious bait laid down by others. If we're going to go down in flames, it will be on our terms, not theirs.
[/quote]
unless they decide to pre empt you.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340057207' post='2987987']
CnG is not the same bloc that I grew alongside in this game. Simple as.
[/quote]

You know how they said "GATO will defend its allies when they join CnG." I think GATO joining had the opposite effect.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1340057278' post='2987988']
Yeah, they grew smarter. Truly a tragedy...
[/quote]
CnG (or at least MK) was plenty smart given that they were able to avoid direct conflict with either Citadel or Frostbite until the TOP pre-empt which tilted the odds heavily in their favor. I mean, whatever, I know it's just a party line but come on.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340057497' post='2987995']
CnG (or at least MK) was plenty smart given that they were able to avoid direct conflict with either Citadel or Frostbite until the TOP pre-empt which tilted the odds heavily in their favor. I mean, whatever, I know it's just a party line but come on.
[/quote]
this is exactly what they are doing currently....(replace Cit/FB, with DR/PF)

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340057821' post='2988003']
this is exactly what they are doing currently....(replace Cit/FB, with DR/PF)
[/quote]
Heh, well, you can't just go splitting your coalition on purpose when their are still alliances that you've got a vendetta with (for whatever reason the last war wasn't enough to settle)

the goal's to keep the coalition together until they can figure out the winning side, the only surprising thing is their "allies" haven't figured it out, pre-karma everyone besides the inner core of Pacifican allies saw the writing on the wall and most managed to dodge the bullet before the gunshot, we'll see who can read the writing on the wall over the next few months.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1340049174' post='2987881']
I wonder when we'll see some wickedj call out blogs.

Schatt, you rule. :)
[/quote][quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340050535' post='2987893']
I'm pretty sure Shatt would be cheering on our destruction at the hands of NoR had we played into this like some were trying to get us to.

It's hard for me to take that sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thinking seriously. Otherwise I'd say some of his arguments don't go without merit.
[/quote]
I dont' usually get into this even as thick as it has gotten in this thread, because it's generally useless to do so, but let's get this straight: I'm not interested in seeing anyone burn or wrecked or scrapped etc based on any sort of personal needs. Some people genuinely believe I'm in this thread because I want to "get" C&G, some people are just being lazy with their argument and that's the easy route. So let's put that aside. If it was NoR getting pounded right now, I would be talking about Valhalla and MK right now instead of The International. The fact of the matter is that if everything I advocated was about my personal desires to watch people burn, from the accusations to that effect you would be hard pressed to find an alliance of any notoriety that I supposedly want to see destroyed. That's silly. The fact of the matter is that me and NoR's honeymoon ended a year ago, and having Zeppelin on my show was the first time I spoke to any degree to anyone in NoR for over a year.
Go ahead, give Chax a call, he'll tell you we've had this very misunderstanding over one post in which I used Europa and Invicta's treaty as an example of the speech I'm about to give. He knows this is philosophical.

No, this is much more simple than the depths of the psyche of a non-mortal body-swapping observer of all time. It's about planetary political dynamics. You claim to be a leftist alliance, and you seek to be the poster-child of the Left; that's the identity you've created and sold and clawed your way up from nothing with, and you've tied up most of the left together through treaties with each other that unite the Left. Congratulations.
Nordreich is the antithesis of everything you say you stand for, and whether or not they've been cordial with you and other leftist AAs in the past 3 years, they are your natural enemies, and in some cases your advertised and stated enemies. They -are- the CN Right, so there's not much to unite, but they've found a niche among Nordic and Germanic alliances similar to your Left umbrella. Congratulations, NoR.

This is a stage set for glory.

But the glory is stolen by a weak-hearted, a weak-stomached, a selfish, a vainglorious, an illogical foreign policy on the part of each. A grasp for clout and power which results in neither, as each has traded-in its potential for comfort and table scraps.

And it's not just The International or Nordreich this conversation is about, noooo. So many, too many to go into detail on each account--we all know the stories; in fact, you're better-connected than me, you know all the more.

You're not damned--from the perspective of "dealing" with me (or however you want to phrase it)--if you had or had not fulfilled your obligations. The VE, NoR, PC, Europa any number of alliances across the spectrum, and today, you; only those who choose expedience over obligation hear from me.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1340047802' post='2987869']
ITT MK speaks for INT. :)
[/quote]you are mistaken

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1340055783' post='2987953']
You should have whispered louder into LSF's ear, Viking.
[/quote]Unfortunately they whispered loud enough into LSF's ear that others overheard, and now this entire little thread looks all the more desperate in light of it. A word to the wise: be careful lest you become ensnared by your own net.

Edited by cookavich

I think it's perfectly fine that LSF requests that INT stay out so INT stays out. It's LSF's business. I'm just wondering how many of the people supporting INT staying out were also screaming for Polaris et al to enter during the Legion-Tetris war.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1340057040' post='2987979']
I'm sorry that we absolutely refuse to take the obvious bait laid down by others. If we're going to go down in flames, it will be on our terms, not theirs.
[/quote]

aka "We're too smart to defend our allies."

[quote name='Lincongrad' timestamp='1340065786' post='2988097']
I think it's perfectly fine that LSF requests that INT stay out so INT stays out. It's LSF's business. I'm just wondering how many of the people supporting INT staying out were also screaming for Polaris et al to enter during the Legion-Tetris war.

Just thought I'd put that out there.
[/quote]There is a large difference between NoR and Tetris

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1340052123' post='2987907']
ITT, scy jumps to the wrong conclusion once again.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.illusionuniverse.com/download/Rubins_Vase_Illusion-thumbnail.jpg[/img]

You see two people kissing, and I see a vase. The difference is not that we see the wrong picture, but that we both see the same picture and characterize it in very different ways according to our goals, and because we are talking about power and politics there is no universal or absolute truth, but simply a contest to see who can convince the most people to join us in our divergent perceptions. [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=110820"]After all, power and politics is all about perception.[/url]

Sort of how like people claim LSF started something but will certainly enter for MK without hesitation.

Edited by IYIyTh

I don't usually post on the OWF, well, simply because most of the stuff that goes on here is, to put in gently, not of the highest quality.

However, I must admit, the more I find out about this situation, the worse INT looks... From all accounts, the simple reason seems to be that INT won't defend LSF because it risks hurting the current coalition. As C&G seem to be saying at the moment, "the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few." There seems to be no doubt that LSF has requested help and was expecting it, but the fact is that INT were not willing to give it because it puts their bloc mates allies in a difficult situation. I remember when treaties used to mean you would defend your allies through thick and thin; not just when it was convenient. Look at the current DoSs from NPO and BFF, they're not happy with what's happening either, but they know what a treaty means and will fulfill their obligations. It takes balls to do what's right, even if the world tells you not too.

So, to members of the International,

MK have aggressively attacked one of my closest allies (for which I am obviously bias) and I still find you to be the worst in all of this. Honestly, I cannot express my disappointment in you guys. You are an alliance I have viewed very positively for a long time. I thought that the royal back-stabbing we [RIA] received last war was a mistake which you were sorry for (at least that was what you said) and had learnt from. But now I see that even after all of that, you are doing it again to LSF. In all my (almost) five years of playing this game, I cannot remember a worse ally that what you appear to be.

Oh well, good luck recovering from this. I fear that the rest of CN will now see your leadership for what they truly are. I know that your current actions do not fully reflect your membership and, truly, wish you all the best in the weeks and months ahead.

Arsenal 10

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1340067246' post='2988110']
There is a large difference between NoR and Tetris
[/quote]

oh yes....ask this nordreich guy who declared on tertris :P

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=All&search=tetris

(PS. Not sure whether is a ghost or not but I thought kind of funny)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340069138' post='2988132']
Sort of how like people claim LSF started something but will certainly enter for MK without hesitation.
[/quote]

I get what you're saying, but just to be fair for now no one has entered for either yet. :P

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1340067932' post='2988117']
I disagree. Tetris are a bunch of evil fascists who hate the left, and more importantly, hate fun.
[/quote] It would be hypocritical for Tetris to hate the left [ooc]Tetris was invented in the USSR[ooc]

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1340069581' post='2988137']
oh yes....ask this nordreich guy who declared on tertris :P http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=All&search=tetris(PS. Not sure whether is a ghost or not but I thought kind of funny)
[/quote]hehe more like someone having some fun :awesome:

[quote name='King Louis the II' timestamp='1340069581' post='2988137']
oh yes....ask this nordreich guy who declared on tertris :P

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=All&search=tetris

(PS. Not sure whether is a ghost or not but I thought kind of funny)
[/quote]

Its an LSF guy AA hopping.

MDP's wouldn't be needed if everything worked out perfectly, and if you don't plan to honor no matter what, sign a ODP. It's sad that alliances are so willing to sign long lists of MDP+, but honor them only when it suits them.

Time to nut up or shut up.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1340071144' post='2988148']
MDP's wouldn't be needed if everything worked out perfectly, and if you don't plan to honor no matter what, sign a ODP. It's sad that alliances are so willing to sign long lists of MDP+, but honor them only when it suits them.

Time to nut up or shut up.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention this because the portion of the Int-LSF treaty that would apply is optional. Something many people seem to forget. LSF cops to starting the war because its what they wanted to do. After gathering all the info Int wasn't on board with the aggression. What is so hard to understand?