A Note of Concern and Assistance

ChairmanHal

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1340042504' post='2987815']
Anyone who buys into the arguments from the likes of TLR, MK, Londo, and NG that moralists and micros are the cause of stagnation is deluded. If that's GOONS, so be it regardless of how successful you are.
[/quote]
Well personally, I think it's mostly the natural result of a treaty web with many competing spheres vying for political supremacy. Micros cluttering up the web contribute to stagnation as they provide more 'go between' alliances with motivations to prevent conflicts between their allies of different spheres, if they are politically active and have enough credibility, of course. In addition, many alliances go out of their way to avoid conflicts with their treaty partners' allies, so there's that too.

On the note of moralists, well, moralists don't have enough power right now to stop much of anything, but it's pretty clear that had they the power they would act to prevent wars perceived as unjust or unworthy.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1340040531' post='2987785']
Since this is about Schattenmann rather than about this particular topic, I'll write a full reply in a blog later this afternoon.

Until then, I'll say this: if you're so shallow as to base who you think is right or wrong based on who Schattenmann is cheering for or against, then you're everything and more that I've ever accused you of, especially when we're talking about ignoring treaties. But I do appreciate it, I was starting to think all you C&G folks were serious when you say I'm irrelevant.
[/quote]

Being the relatively intelligent man you are (backhanded compliment! lol) I'm 100 percent positive you recognized the humorous tongue in cheek nature of the part of my post where I said we should do the opposite of whatever you wanted... and so i'll take this as a banter back? ::grins::

Also. while you may be as completely irrelevant as some claim ((hell from an OOC perspective I imagine we all are), and I certainly find your CN philosophy off-kilter, I do enjoy debating with you. So blog away if you like. If you are interested in a more general CN philosophy convo (as opposed to a rehashing over any one specific event) we could maybe even go on the radio some time. Since we each seem to have a show. If nothing else I imagine a debate with you will not be boring. ((OOC: And I play the game for my entertainment and interest! So even if you were completely 'irrelevant' and I was just "feeding you: attention, i'm down for a lively debate as long as it stays polite and interesting. ))

I'm pretty sure Shatt would be cheering on our destruction at the hands of NoR had we played into this like some were trying to get us to.

It's hard for me to take that sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thinking seriously. Otherwise I'd say some of his arguments don't go without merit.

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340050535' post='2987893']
I'm pretty sure Shatt would be cheering on our destruction at the hands of NoR had we played into this like some were trying to get us to.
[/quote]

No one was trying to get you to do anything, except maybe, your allies.

We've been down this road before. I remember the SOS situation.

It's hard for me to take that sort of "damned if you do, damned if you don't" thinking seriously. Otherwise I'd say some of his arguments don't go without merit.
[/quote]
You really think CnG+MK+allies would be utterly defeated by DR/PF+allies?

[/quote]
I wouldn't have :(

I would be cheering on the ~old school CnG~ attitude you would have shown by defending an ally no matter the consequence. But hey, I guess that's just uncalled for with your blocmates.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1340052220' post='2987908']
If you say so man!
[/quote]
It's entirely true at this point. You pretty much bullied your blocmate into not defending one of their oldest allies.

Edited by Neo Uruk

[/quote]
Well, you sort of are damned either way due to your treaty situation, which is the whole point I'm getting at. It seems like many of you want to blanket the world with stiffling treaties but weasel your way out of the actual commitments they speak to. And then there's almost no accountability afterwards. We're just picking up the slack on that. We're like the better business bureau for alliances.

As far as enjoying watching you burn goes; I don't think there was anything truly personal there until we learned you might be about to try to spit in our faces for no apparent reason. I'd be curious as to what that's about if you ever want to hash it out.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340052340' post='2987910']
It's entirely true at this point. You pretty much bullied your blocmate into not defending one of their oldest allies.
[/quote]

lol @ you actually encouraging them to reward LSFs idiocy.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1340056709' post='2987969']
lol @ you actually encouraging them to reward LSFs idiocy.
[/quote]
I'm not encouraging them to reward anything. I'm disapproving of the siding with one ally over another.

I get how bloc politics work, but starting a war just to not have another one blow up is beyond hilarious.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340056869' post='2987975']
I'm not encouraging them to reward anything. I'm disapproving of the siding with one ally over another.

I get how bloc politics work, but starting a war just to not have another one blow up is beyond hilarious.
[/quote]
to be fair, it IS working so far.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1340056869' post='2987975']

[/quote]

Actually you are, you're literally poo poo'ing them for calling LSF out for their idiocy.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1340057040' post='2987979']
I'm sorry that we absolutely refuse to take the obvious bait laid down by others. If we're going to go down in flames, it will be on our terms, not theirs.
[/quote]

BUT THAT IS NOT THE PLAN!
You know what? Fine. I'm going to make a thread and outline the steps I expected you to follow.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1340056990' post='2987976']
to be fair, it IS working so far.
[/quote]
Doesn't make it less funny.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1340056999' post='2987978']
Actually you are, you're literally poo poo'ing them for calling LSF out for their idiocy.
[/quote]
CnG is not the same bloc that I grew alongside in this game. Simple as.