A Note of Concern and Assistance

ChairmanHal

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340072185' post='2988154']
Funny you should mention this because the portion of the Int-LSF treaty that would apply is [size="7"]optional[/size]. Something many people seem to forget. LSF cops to starting the war because its what they wanted to do. After gathering all the info Int wasn't on board with the aggression. What is so hard to understand?
[/quote]

That's how all C&G treaties are.... Optional with a capital O.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperonic' timestamp='1340067026' post='2988107']
aka "We're too smart to defend our allies."
[/quote]
This, coming from an RIA member right now? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYCMK.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1340072630' post='2988159']
This, coming from an RIA member right now? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FYCMK.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]

I'd love for you to explain the irony in the statement.

Please. Indulge me.

[quote name='Hyperonic' timestamp='1340072720' post='2988160']

Please. Indulge me.
[/quote]
You're literally in the same situation with an ally having been attacked. Where's your defense of CSN?

That's a rhetorical question of course. It's patently obvious how your meager coalition is trying to play this.

Edit:
VVVVVVVVV Not so much empty rhetoric as criticizing somebody else's.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1340072630' post='2988159']
[/quote]
We're known for not honoring our treaties. It's a defining characteristic.

I'd say talk to me when the war is over, but you already know how it's going to play out and that your post is nothing but empty rhetoric.

Edit:
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1340072830' post='2988163']
You're literally in the same situation with an ally having been attacked. Where's your defense of CSN?

That's a rhetorical question of course. It's patently obvious how your meager coalition is trying to play this.
[/quote]
I see I was right and you did.

Edited by Delta1212

[quote name='Hyperonic' timestamp='1340072720' post='2988160']

Please. Indulge me.
[/quote]

He's saying you're not defending CSN, and R&R.

However, he's also ironically in GOONS, an alliance that isn't at the time of his statement defending his ally in MK, so his statement is equally ironic if not more so.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339995902' post='2987250']
LSF obviously said things that made any ally they have to have no cause to defend them. Deal with it. This is LSFs choice not Ints. Cry away. It wont make any difference at this point.
[/quote]
Ok now same logic if it was INT that did those stupid things would you roll? Dont get me wrong this is EXACTLY why we put asshat clauses in. But we dont talk !@#$ and back an alliance right up until war is declared then go hey isnt that something shiney over there.

[quote name='Comrade Mao' timestamp='1339996408' post='2987261']
It's a statement of intent, regardless of the current circumstances. The irony is not lost on me, trust me.
[/quote]
So were going to kill NoR but just not right now?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339999077' post='2987344']
oh valhalla, always so incredibly subtle. why not make the first move if you're so war hungry?
[/quote]
Val didnt make this statement Hal did. That would be like us saying the same thing to Seerow.
[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1339999606' post='2987371']
And I'll [i]scrap[/i] anytime you say.....
[/quote]
Im your huckleberry
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf16sp3quq1qdp82do1_400.jpg[/img]

Edited by Buds The Man

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1340078194' post='2988462']
Ok now same logic if it was INT that did those stupid things would you roll? Dont get me wrong this is EXACTLY why we put asshat clauses in. But we dont talk !@#$ and back an alliance right up until war is declared then go hey isnt that something shiney over there.
[/quote]

It's a MADP bloc. LSF was a MDoAP treaty.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1340081183' post='2988561']
It's a MADP bloc. LSF was a MDoAP treaty.
[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111479&view=findpost&p=2982967

LIke i said i get it but why support then not do anything.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1340081814' post='2988573']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111479&view=findpost&p=2982967

LIke i said i get it but why support then not do anything.
[/quote]

I can't speak for Int (despite what some have been saying) but I suspect they're like many; hoping LSF win, but constrained by the fact they went and clearly picked this fight.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1340078194' post='2988462']
Val didnt make this statement Hal did. That would be like us saying the same thing to Seerow.
[/quote]
And yet he's a member of Valhalla, making statements that fit with Valhalla's view. You can act cute, but people aren't as dumb as you seem to think.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1340085359' post='2988625']
And yet he's a member of Valhalla, making statements that fit with Valhalla's view. You can act cute, but people aren't as dumb as you seem to think.
[/quote]
Cmon man, How do you know his statements fits Val's views? It has been stated Hal's views are his own, yet you seem to imply otherwise. There's nothing new here in Hal's post, so there's nothing to act cute about. Hal's always been taking pot shots at MK/CnG since last 2-4? years regardless of Val's govt or its majority views. Hell, even Alterego changed his views on MK for a while :P but Hal's been consistent in his own way. Point being, this is'nt surprising coming from Hal.

Sure he's a member of Valhalla, doesnt means he is their voice or that his statements fit with Val's views. You always got people with different views, but not all of them form majority or be on govt's list.

Edited by shahenshah

[/quote]

With our view? The only cute thing here is you trying to imply Hal has a view on anything other then how Hal sees things thru his very own set of eyes. He maybe the loudest and most annoying voice(to some) for Val but his views hardly reflect a majority, but really who cares?

If he has pissed you off, good. I for one hope he digs further under your skin with w/e his decides to say... B-)

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1340092312' post='2988692']
How do you know his statements fits views of all of Valhalla or more importantly their govt? Their govt has stated more than once Hal's views are not their Govt's views yet you choose to ignore that and imply otherwise.

Frankly overall, this is a funny thread , even NoR or LSF dont care and anyone giving it more credence than it deserves is either in SF or needs to take a step back and laugh.
[/quote]
Because I know otherwise. They haven't exactly kept their opinions secret these last few months.

And I too think it's a funny thread, though not for the same reasons you do.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1340072577' post='2988158']
When pertaining to aggression? Yeah they are. That was my point.[/quote]

Perhaps CnG should change all their ties to MK to MDAP as there is no such thing in optional aggression clauses regarding them. :)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1340075975' post='2988321']
However, he's also ironically in GOONS, an alliance that isn't at the time of his statement defending his ally in MK, so his statement is equally ironic if not more so.
[/quote]

Who do we need help for?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1340080240' post='2988541']
Can you post a list with all alliances MK like/dislike?
[/quote]

We're so subtle d34th can't tell who we like and who we don't like.

Edited by potato

[/quote]
Yet you always state seerow and tamerlane arent .gov so we shouldnt feel like those statements reflect how MK feel about us. I dont have to act cute I am cute and please dont try to throw frosting on a !@#$ sandwich its still a !@#$ sandwich. I would head your own advice were not as dumb as you think we are.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1340093136' post='2988695']
Because I know otherwise. They haven't exactly kept their opinions secret these last few months.

And I too think it's a funny thread, though not for the same reasons you do.
[/quote]
How do you know such things WC by all means please tell us. What are you spying on our boards? What opinions have you heard or seen. Was it from Tronix cuz if it didnt come from his mouth its not our policy.

Edited by Buds The Man

This is what can be so obnoxious about Bob's community some times. People come on here to participate and immediately everyone assumes they are government officials who are speaking policy. Its a real stifling effect. Based on some of his posts here and in other threads, I could argue Mushroom Kingdom has it out for Valhalla because World Conqueror implies it. But I'm not stupid enough to say that World Conqueror speaks for the Kingdoms government so I just assume he's mouthing off like Hal was. I don't think we have seen anyone from Val insulting MK because of what World Conqueror is saying, so forgive me if I (Personally, as in me) find it annoying to see this thread being used as an excuse to bash Val.

Seriously. There are thousands of nations on Bob and only a few of them have any authority over the alliance groupings. Its stupid to try and argue that all of those nations are lock step with their alliance policies and that they are all ambassadors for their foreign ministry. They are not. Trying to argue otherwise only stifles community participation. Which is tragic because most of the time shooting the breeze with other nation rulers is the only thing to do besides polishing nukes in the hope that one day you get to fire them.

Also, I am not in Val's government either and do not speak for Valhalla, since apparently there is an unwritten rule around here that we have to up front about that before us peons get the privilege to open our mouths and crash this little debate club.

Edited by Aeros

Since there was apparently some people who had a doctor's note to be excused from class on the days that Reading Comprehension was being discussed...

From time to time, outspoken members of certain alliances will express a view point that may or may not line up with those of their alliance member, alliance government, or the allies of their alliance. I do find it ironic however to see in this thread multiple individuals categorically stating that "if ChairmanHal said it, Valhalla surely must believe it" when in fact their own alliance governments routinely pop into threads and all but laugh at people that think their members speak on behalf of anyone but themselves.

For the record:

1. Did [b]I[/b] call out The International? [b]Damn right.[/b]
2. Did [b]Valhalla[/b] call out The International? [b]Hell no.[/b]
3. I obviously struck a nerve, for which I will not apologize. If you in the INT membership are mad, perhaps it is because your conscious is gnawing at you because you know I'm right, yet you refuse to do anything about it except make excuses. "But...but...they impersonated...!!!" Where the war declaration over that? That's right, there isn't one. <_<

It would be one thing if the treaty with LSF were new or if LSF had never bled on The International's behalf, but neither of those things are true. This was a long established treaty between two alliances that knew damn well what the other was all about. Indeed, given everything that was said publicly by INT in the days leading up to the war, many around here were surprised it wasn't a joint declaration of war. Yet here we are, most of your troops safely in the barracks, the one or two individuals in INT that dared to help LSF under direct NoR attack, while you and your government sit there emasculated.

Without question, from time to time allies will do something monumentally stupid. They may even do something so stupid that you hesitate in entering in their defense. But you don't leave them laying bleeding on the ground forever while you count stats with your other friends.

One man's opinion. Take it or leave it, but you'd be wise to listen.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1340126739' post='2988948']
Since there was apparently some people who had a doctor's note to be excused from class on the days that Reading Comprehension was being discussed...

From time to time, outspoken members of certain alliances will express a view point that may or may not line up with those of their alliance member, alliance government, or the allies of their alliance. I do find it ironic however to see in this thread multiple individuals categorically stating that "if ChairmanHal said it, Valhalla surely must believe it" when in fact their own alliance governments routinely pop into threads and all but laugh at people that think their members speak on behalf of anyone but themselves.

For the record:

3. I obviously struck a nerve, for which I will not apologize. If you in the INT membership are mad, perhaps it is because your conscious is gnawing at you because you know I'm right, yet you refuse to do anything about it except make excuses. "But...but...they impersonated...!!!" Where the war declaration over that? That's right, there isn't one. <_<

It would be one thing if the treaty with LSF were new or if LSF had never bled on The International's behalf, but neither of those things are true. This was a long established treaty between two alliances that knew damn well what the other was all about. Indeed, given everything that was said publicly by INT in the days leading up to the war, many around here were surprised it wasn't a joint declaration of war. Yet here we are, most of your troops safely in the barracks, the one or two individuals in INT that dared to help LSF under direct NoR attack, while you and your government sit there emasculated.

Without question, from time to time allies will do something monumentally stupid. They may even do something so stupid that you hesitate in entering in their defense. But you don't leave them laying bleeding on the ground forever while you count stats with your other friends.

One man's opinion. Take it or leave it, but you'd be wise to listen.
[/quote]
Hi
I am a member of the Elesufi faith.
I would like to state you are dumb and your opinion is dumb. One mans holy [from a more knowledgeable perspective] opinion. Take it or leave it, but you would be wise to listen.
May for your sake. The fires of salahi rahmet will cleanse that powindah handicap from your brain.

Edited by Space Monkey

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1340126739' post='2988948']

For the record:

[/quote]
but you're in a alliance, everything you do and say is alliance policy, right? :wacko: