What motivates you?

Sephiroth

Do you want to see the current hegemony or powers to be defeated?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1331162856' post='2935243']
when is it deinos' turn to be the hegemony
[/quote]

You've got our old seat, don't touch the gum under the table, Leo's saving that

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1331161641' post='2935231']
'lol'.
[/quote]

<3 you too Sard

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1331149110' post='2935118']
Probably something like this:

[img]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z327/GummiDeMilo/Sigs%20and%20Propaganda/TreatyMap2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Hell yeah we're bacon.

I made something similar awhile back. Before NPO signed with TLR.

[img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/kansasrules/blocnautilus.png[/img]

In retrospect, XX should have had a stronger tie to PB and DH. But it was basically how I thought of the treaty web.

Edited by Mergerberger II

There really isn't any group or power comparable to NPO pre-Karma.The world is far more multi-polar today.

For those who focus on MK: there are at least a half dozen alliances with at least comparable power to MK.

Voted 'yes' for the hell of it.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1331149110' post='2935118']
Probably something like this:

[IMG]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z327/GummiDeMilo/Sigs%20and%20Propaganda/TreatyMap2.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Poor FOK, placed all by themselves between the sides.

Oh and 2011 is so last year :P

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1331161910' post='2935234']
Ah, yes....TOP has consistently been there for MK, whereas MK's participation in Doomhouse has definitely given them reason to worry.
[/quote]

Uhm, I'm pretty sure he was speaking about CnG and not TOP...

Edited by Megamind

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1331194194' post='2935417']
There really isn't any group or power comparable to NPO pre-Karma.The world is far more multi-polar today.

For those who focus on MK: there are at least a half dozen alliances with at least comparable power to MK.[/quote]

Indeed it is fickle to say "x" alliance has all the power, but there is a group of alliances central in the web that hold power, but they're all sleeping with each other. Someone has to get all the attention in the love circle and that seems to be MK.

Edit: What motivates me? Nothing really as it mainly the same mundane "drama" for months and months on end until a war breaks out but even now the "drama" produced from it is mundane crap.

Edited by the rebel

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1331200740' post='2935432']
Uhm, I'm pretty sure he was speaking about CnG and not TOP...
[/quote]

I think perhaps I should stop drunkposting.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1331194194' post='2935417']

For those who focus on MK: there are at least a half dozen alliances with at least comparable power to MK.

Voted 'yes' for the hell of it.
[/quote]

Influence is a whole other matter entirely.

That's a pretty good chart by ardus. Albeit a bit out of date, it's still fairly accurate, and clearly illustrates the gangbang XX/SF/Polar suffered.

MK looks like the center of it to me. While PB/DH is strong, it's the MK ties that really unify PB/DH to CnG/PF/NPO sphere/DR/and former MJ.

Edited by Enamel32

[quote name='Enamel32' timestamp='1331227049' post='2935509']
That's a pretty good chart by ardus. Albeit a bit out of date, it's still fairly accurate, [i]and clearly illustrates the gangbang XX/SF/Polar suffered.[/i][/quote]

Ehhh. The chart downplays the sheer statistical weight XX carried at the time (fat lot of help that turned out to be) and the potential complications of division within Pandora's Box (observable in the unfortunate casualties suffered by Asgaard and the inability to adequately address RnR). That everything else fell so neatly into place and in our favor was unexpected. NPO jumped to support right out of the gate, FARK collapsed in an extraordinary show of fluff (Impero's impression of their abilities was better than mine), and Sparta hauled ass to peace mode. Those three points alone represented an effective swing of tens of millions of NS to our favor. Victory was expected, but that it was so... definitive was a little surprising to me.

[quote]MK looks like the center of it to me.[/quote]
I am the center of my own universe.

A more interesting question is "why do you support the people you support?". Some people actually support the people they support, because it's good for them to politically and it's what they believe in. Then there are some that support a side based on the fact that they've done it for years now and don't want to change. That happens on both sides of the web.

As for Ardus's treaty web I think he could be a starving artist. :D

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1331232970' post='2935530']
Ehhh. The chart downplays the sheer statistical weight XX carried at the time (fat lot of help that turned out to be)
[/quote]

Oh, you weren't alone in the disappointment on that one.

Maybe same as Feanor, but revenge is a big deal.

Actually, I'd be more than happy to just be able to crown a new inhabitant of the Iron Throne so to speak.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1331232970' post='2935530']
Ehhh. The chart downplays the sheer statistical weight XX carried at the time (fat lot of help that turned out to be) and the potential complications of division within Pandora's Box (observable in the unfortunate casualties suffered by Asgaard and the inability to adequately address RnR). That everything else fell so neatly into place and in our favor was unexpected. NPO jumped to support right out of the gate, FARK collapsed in an extraordinary show of fluff (Impero's impression of their abilities was better than mine), and Sparta hauled ass to peace mode. Those three points alone represented an effective swing of tens of millions of NS to our favor. Victory was expected, but that it was so... definitive was a little surprising to me.
[/quote]
I'm surprised you are surprised. If the bipolar war, IRON vs Ramlins, or even Vladimir stukov vs. GOD tell us anything, is that high tier nations can basically do anything they want with little to no long term damage against foes with less avg ns. You had PF and Umb in the bag, at your disposal, before the war even started. Downplaying it with 'complications of PB' is laughable from my point of view. I believe no other high tier alliances entered the war, unless you count FARK as a high tier alliance. (I don't as they were no Umb/OMFG/Gre/TOP. Sure, I'd say they were a statistically superior NG, but not quite high tier.) Forgetting everyone else involved in the war for a second, PF and Umb alone could probably take out several mid-tier alliances many times their membership count if they chose to do so. You add in DR/MJ/PB/DH/CnG and, to say the least, you've got yourself an enormous coalition, regardless of any numbers.