An Announcement from TLR and NPO

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330838061' post='2932970']
Yes, but I wasn't criticizing NPO on those grounds. I was citing TLR and others as hypocrites.

They disliked VE's CB on Polar when they had used a worse one on TPF for instance.

But, Brehon, if that's the case, why is it an MDoAP at all? It could have stayed at its previous level. A treaty you will be unlikely to honor and know it when signing it is a problematic concept in itself.
[/quote]
I will go on the record for saying that TPF has never fought TLR.

Sometimes when people look to shed the past and move on to a new future & they are doing a great job they get haters. Also as a note, when people ain't doing spit they also become haters or hell you never know why sometimes.

Your not gonna start any drama between TLR & TPF. We are all good. It's OK though, your doing what you do. We'll keep doing what we do.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammnit Brehon stop being a civil and a level headed Emperor, giving the NPO a bad name.

I look forward to seeing what we can do and where we end up with TLR. As long as the relationship that has grown remains or gets even better then there is nothing that we can't face.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330837040' post='2932946']
I don't really care about it being about me. I cited someone else posting a similar sentiment. I love the traditional deflection of the DH milieu coming out in full force. Learn how to argue. You can pretend this is Scottie Pippen posting or something.

The fact that it was going to be an MK/NG/GOONS/C&G, ETC. circlejerk if I didn't post is something else.
[/quote]
Wait... I don't understand it... Are you doing this to break up our circle jerk?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330835587' post='2932929']
[b]I don't really understand why the people who are offering congrats don't notice the others doing the same like GOONS and MK lol[/b]

also yes. Saniiro, I'm sure do nothing Tonberry "mental and social handicaps" King Archon would sign it at a drop of a hat.

In addition: Let's look at it objectively: what do NPO and TLR actually share in common? It appears to be another "idle talk" treaty.
[/quote]
Because here it seems you're upset that people are happy for the two alliances that signed this treaty who are NOT part of GOONS/MK/et all circlejerk you eluded to.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1330837357' post='2932956']
Does "Nice grouping" means "I'm your enemy" now? Thanks for informing.
[/quote]
Well, historically, nice grouping means you intend or would like to take a shot at that grouping. So, if you'd like to continue being obstinate about this we can continue....

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1330841228' post='2933004']
Dammnit Brehon stop being a civil and a level headed Emperor, giving the NPO a bad name.

I look forward to seeing what we can do and where we end up with TLR. As long as the relationship that has grown remains or gets even better then there is nothing that we can't face.
[/quote]

What can I say I calmed down :)

And bite your tongue sir!

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330835695' post='2932930']
Does anybody really want to proudly declare themselves the enemies of TLR's sphere and NPO's sphere?
[/quote]
I think the more appropriate question is whether or not there are any alliances left that are not in those spheres.

Indeed, I am doing it to break up the break circle jerk and offer an opposing viewpoint.

Schattenmann, I don't think they are as congealed by this treaty as Sardonic alludes to. That's how he sees it though and it would behoove NPO and its allies to take such sentiments into consideration.

I don't really need to start any drama between TLR and TPF. MK and GOONS will do a good enough job of it for me.

also judgex: TLR= Athens 2.0

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330842662' post='2933014']
also judgex: TLR= Athens 2.0
[/quote]
Is there an alliance of our sphere out there you won't make an uninformed statement like that about?

In addition, Schattenmann, the grasp they have is rather tenuous, just some people have to act on their distaste for them. That is the key.

Sardonic: How is it uninformed? Walks like Athens, talks like Athens, and so on. Just because some of the LOST guys upped the trash talk doesn't mean much. Even Myth said it was Athens dominated. AirMe is moralist when he wants to be. The rest of the time he just shuts up.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330843225' post='2933019']
In addition, Schattenmann, the grasp they have is rather tenuous, just some people have to act on their distaste for them. That is the key.
[/quote]
Last alliance who tried that got rolled and assimilated into the MK-O-Sphereâ„¢ :smug:

Edited by Yankees Empire

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1330843325' post='2933021']
Last alliance who tried that got rolled and assimilated into the MK-O-Sphereâ„¢ :smug:
[/quote]

I dunno. Still think that was a bad move on their part and Feanor keeps mentioning a certain treaty provision.

I envision a world where MK's influence is nominal.(pre-empt of Ardus)

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330842662' post='2933014']
Indeed, I am doing it to break up the break circle jerk and offer an opposing viewpoint.
[/quote]
Yours is less an opposing viewpoint than it is a tantrum.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1330843325' post='2933021']
[/quote]
Resistance is futile.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330843225' post='2933019']
Sardonic: How is it uninformed? Walks like Athens, talks like Athens, and so on. Just because some of the LOST guys upped the trash talk doesn't mean much. Even Myth said it was Athens dominated. AirMe is moralist when he wants to be. The rest of the time he just shuts up.
[/quote]
It's a broad statement that is utterly unknowable/provable to anybody but the alliance in question.

Like your assertion: "GOONS is an MK toadie".

[quote name='Rontastic' timestamp='1330843753' post='2933026']
I suppose congratulations go around to NPO, TLR, and Roquentin.

Congrats, you crazy kids!
[/quote]
I do suppose we should congratulate Roq for hijacking the thread.

I try not to, but I couldn't help myself.

[img]http://www.growingandgrowing.com/uploaded_images/pat-731186.gif[/img]

***Manufacturer's warning: More than 3 pats a day and you can lead to trolling multiple threads for attention***

Edited by Judge X

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1330836610' post='2932939']
And I am so happy that this upgrade could finally be announced. This friendship is not idle at all. NPO and TLR share the common believe that defending our allies is the paramount foreign affairs objective. The cultures work well together, the beliefs coincide, and leadership of both alliances are not afraid to talk bluntly and honestly. TLR gov is not afraid to talk directly to the Body Republic and Brehon is in constant contact with the TLR membership. This is a deep bond built on true friendship.[/quote]
This is a terrible way to run FA and it always has been. Whether TLR is its own "enigma" (ok?) apart from Athens or not, this treaty-every-smiling-face foreign policy was a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Athens#Treaties"]disaster in Athens[/url] and one trait that so far I had been [b]very [/b]happy to see TLR leave in Athens' casket.

Treaties are political implements, not Valentine cards. You have a bloc, that should be enough for any alliance, but C&G has no distinct identity anymore so it's a moot point in this case. Beyond that, you have a pretty clear-cut ally set between C&G groupies and the treaties that make C&G DH/PB's pet. You're set. The aim of treaties--to increase your security and power--has been met by TLR to the point that adding more doesn't really make any difference.
Now you throw in NPO who has no place among your bloc politics, or any of your existing treaties' politics, because they're your friends. $%&@ me! Who are we to suppose you're defending NPO against? The only people that have displayed any animosity toward them are your other allies! And so here you stand today with your friendship rings proclaiming your dedication to each other, and are you actually surprised that people are looking at TLR and asking if you're kidding us? It's an honest question.

From the NPO side of the situation, there are those of us who have an honest intellectual confusion about why NPO is interested in a treaty that--whatever the relationship case may be--looks like after getting whipped by TLR's allies 3 times NPO has "wised" up and subjugated and relegated itself to satellite status. A final, definitive transition from once-and-future king to "whatever, man, lol." The difference between picking itself up, dumping the crummy allies, tightening the bond with the ones that are good, and finding new ones to build up so that they don't need a TLR trip-wire treaty.
Come on, how many alliances get the privilege of critique in the vein of "you can do better?" It's hard to even call it criticism!

"We're friends" isn't foreign policy. It doesn't stop the politics going on all around you, and [i]everyone knows damn well[/i] what happens when you've got 5 friends that want to do one thing and 1 friend that wants to do something else--we know what happens because we've seen it time and time again. Ask GOD, ask Sparta, ask IAA.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1330836610' post='2932939']Thank you to all of our allies for giving us this opportunity and trusting us on this one. We will not let you down.
[/quote]
It's not up to you, it's up to one or the other of the two sides of a strait that you've planted each foot on.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Micheal Malone' timestamp='1330841367' post='2933005']
Well, historically, nice grouping means you intend or would like to take a shot at that grouping. So, if you'd like to continue being obstinate about this we can continue....
[/quote]

Please show me the historical research that you used as base to this argument, I'm very interested.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1330844156' post='2933030']
This is a terrible way to run FA and it always has been. Whether TLR is its own "enigma" (ok?) apart from Athens or not, this treaty-every-smiling-face foreign policy was a [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Athens#Treaties"]disaster in Athens[/url] and one trait that so far I had been [b]very [/b]happy to see TLR leave in Athens' casket.

Treaties are political implements, not Valentine cards. You have a bloc, that should be enough for any alliance, but C&G has no distinct identity anymore so it's a moot point in this case. Beyond that, you have a pretty clear-cut ally set between C&G groupies and the treaties that make C&G DH/PB's pet. You're set. The aim of treaties--to increase your security and power--has been met by TLR to the point that adding more doesn't really make any difference.
Now you throw in NPO who has no place among your bloc politics, or any of your existing treaties' politics, because they're your friends. $%&@ me! Who are we to suppose you're defending NPO against? The only people that have displayed any animosity toward them are your other allies! And so here you stand today with your friendship rings proclaiming your dedication to each other, and are you actually surprised that people are looking at TLR and asking if you're kidding us? It's an honest question.

From the NPO side of the situation, there are those of us who have an honest intellectual confusion about why NPO is interested in a treaty that--whatever the relationship case may be--looks like after getting whipped by TLR's allies 3 times NPO has "wised" up and subjugated and relegated itself to satellite status. A final, definitive transition from once-and-future king to "whatever, man, lol." The difference between picking itself up, dumping the crummy allies, tightening the bond with the ones that are good, and finding new ones to build up so that they don't need a TLR trip-wire treaty.
Come on, how many alliances get the privilege of critique in the vein of "you can do better?" It's hard to even call it criticism!

"We're friends" isn't foreign policy. It doesn't stop the politics going on all around you, and [i]everyone knows damn well[/i] what happens when you've got 5 friends that want to do one thing and 1 friend that wants to do something else--we know what happens because we've seen it time and time again.

It's not up to you, it's up to one or the other of the two sides of a strait that you've planted each foot on.
[/quote]

So because I choose to talk about a true and honest friendship, I'm damned to foreign policy naivete because I chose not to talk about the strategic implications of the treaty. Because every single time a treaty comes up on this board the rhetoric is always a clear cut argument about security and power and not about the friendship at hand. Excuse me for not living up to what is expected of me as an ally. I'll try better next time.

Also, I wholeheartedly agree about not adding more treaties. We're all set now. We are in a sound strategic position now because of all the friendships we chose to build with alliances with a like-minded purpose. And we're very skilled at keeping those relationships fresh and current.

As for animosity toward NPO, you've greatly exaggerated that animosity from our other allies. This treaty exists very much in part to better defend CnG. I've made that argument from day one to those treaty partners who do not share the same zeal for NPO that we do. Ultimately, those allies gave their blessing because they trust our judgement more than they dislike NPO.

Furthermore, I seem to recall just defending NPO against FARK not to recently. That might ring a bell. There are apparently still alliances out there that want their shot at NPO for events that happened years ago. We'll be there to defend them should that happen again.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1330844156' post='2933030']Who are we to suppose you're defending NPO against? The only people that have displayed any animosity toward them are your other allies![/quote]
You seem to be forgetting a certain group of alliances that preempted NPO a few months ago.

Edit: Damn it Mandellav beat me to this point.

Edited by Azaghul