An Announcement from TLR and NPO

I don't really understand why the people who are offering congrats don't notice the others doing the same like GOONS and MK lol

also yes. Saniiro, I'm sure do nothing Tonberry "mental and social handicaps" King Archon would sign it at a drop of a hat.

In addition: Let's look at it objectively: what do NPO and TLR actually share in common? It appears to be another "idle talk" treaty.

Edited by Roquentin

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1330835478' post='2932927']
I'm surprised that nobody said "nice grouping" yet.
[/quote]
Does anybody really want to proudly declare themselves the enemies of TLR's sphere and NPO's sphere?

Um, Prodigal Moon hit the mark closest.

TLR has plenty of enemies, so why not I guess? As for NPO's sphere, I doubt everyone's happy about this, especially the alliance TLR deemed incompetent, NATO.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330835587' post='2932929']
I don't really understand why the people who are offering congrats don't notice the others doing the same like GOONS and MK lol

also yes. Saniiro, I'm sure do nothing Tonberry "mental and social handicaps" King Archon would sign it at a drop of a hat.

In addition: Let's look at it objectively: what do NPO and TLR actually share in common? It appears to be another "idle talk" treaty.
[/quote]

You base this on what?

The fact that TLR and NPO are nothing alike, really.

Oh, for the other claim, MK has offered NPO a treaty in the past.

I hope people look at this a bit more critically and see who's happy about it and [b]who not.[/b]

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330835587' post='2932929']

[/quote]

Why don't you invest your time into building Paraguas and your coalition of the willing instead of talking !@#$ about every alliance that's directly or indirectly tied to DH. You've become a broken record at this point. You're no better than the people you revile.

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1330836391' post='2932936']
Why don't you invest your time into building Paraguas and your coalition of the willing instead of talking !@#$ about every alliance that's directly or indirectly tied to DH. You've become a broken record at this point. You're no better than the people you revile.
[/quote]

See, when I start getting into !@#$ like "Reyas has social and mentally handicaps," that's when I'll be no better. I am building my alliance. With only 10 members, it doesn't take much time. MK toadies are fun to criticize anyway, because they're hypocritical.

Fark on NPO: !@#$%bags!

GATO on MHA: Sweet man.

Edited by Roquentin

TLR is not Athens. Even the Athenians can't stand how unlike Athens TLR has turned out to be. And now AirMe and I are 2/3 of the Triumvirate that gives TLR its direction. I don't remember ever being in Athens and come on, AirMe is a moralist :P

TLR is its own enigma. Deal with it.

And I am so happy that this upgrade could finally be announced. This friendship is not idle at all. NPO and TLR share the common believe that defending our allies is the paramount foreign affairs objective. The cultures work well together, the beliefs coincide, and leadership of both alliances are not afraid to talk bluntly and honestly. TLR gov is not afraid to talk directly to the Body Republic and Brehon is in constant contact with the TLR membership. This is a deep bond built on true friendship.

As for you distaste for this treaty my ODN friend, trust me when I say that I know NPO is not out to betray us or join CnG or try to reinstate the awful hegemonic crimes it committed all those years ago. The world would not let them for one and the drive to do so died out long ago within NPO for another.

Thank you to all of our allies for giving us this opportunity and trusting us on this one. We will not let you down.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1330836610' post='2932939']
TLR is not Athens. Even the Athenians can't stand how unlike Athens TLR has turned out to be. And now AirMe and I are 2/3 of the Triumvirate that gives TLR its direction. I don't remember ever being in Athens and come on, AirMe is a moralist :P

TLR is its own enigma. Deal with it.

And I am so happy that this upgrade could finally be announced. This friendship is not idle at all. NPO and TLR share the common believe that defending our allies is the paramount foreign affairs objective. The cultures work well together, the beliefs coincide, and leadership of both alliances are not afraid to talk bluntly and honestly. TLR gov is not afraid to talk directly to the Body Republic and Brehon is in constant contact with the TLR membership. This is a deep bond built on true friendship.

As for you distaste for this treaty my ODN friend, trust me when I say that I know NPO is not out to betray us or join CnG or try to reinstate the awful hegemonic crimes it committed all those years ago. The world would not let them for one and the drive to do so died out long ago within NPO for another.

Thank you to all of our allies for giving us this opportunity and trusting us on this one. We will not let you down.
[/quote]

That's not what "idle talk" means. It means like "well we play minecraft together, so they're really cool dudes or we're on skype all the time."

How do the cultures work together?

TLR is just super Athens. Same attitude, different name.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330836469' post='2932937']
See, when I start getting into !@#$ like "Reyas has social and mentally handicaps," that's when I'll be no better. I am building my alliance. With only 10 members, it doesn't take much time. MK toadies are fun to criticize anyway, because they're hypocritical.

[/quote]

I don't recall TLR or even NPO giving any guff about FARK's decision to hit NPO the last round. That was a tactical move (and consequent blunder) that FARK paid for dearly. FARK did what it had to do and lost. FARK hit a TLR ally perhaps thinking we wouldn't defend on an ODP. Well, TLR defends allies. Period.

As for GATO on MHA, sweet man. Tactical move (and consequent success) that MHA paid for dearly. Coalition warfare is a nasty harlot.

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1330836824' post='2932942']
I don't recall TLR or even NPO giving any guff about FARK's decision to hit NPO the last round. That was a tactical move (and consequent blunder) that FARK paid for dearly. FARK did what it had to do and lost. FARK hit a TLR ally perhaps thinking we wouldn't defend on an ODP. Well, TLR defends allies. Period.

As for GATO on MHA, sweet man. Tactical move (and consequent success) that MHA paid for dearly. Coalition warfare is a nasty harlot.
[/quote]

Um, you did whine about it. Rush made a big deal of it at least. MK, too.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330836469' post='2932937']

[/quote]
[img]http://priyamahida.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/why_dont_you_just_pay_attention_to_me_xlarge.jpeg[/img]

Congrats to our allies in TLR!

I don't really care about it being about me. I cited someone else posting a similar sentiment. I love the traditional deflection of the DH milieu coming out in full force. Learn how to argue. You can pretend this is Scottie Pippen posting or something.

The fact that it was going to be an MK/NG/GOONS/C&G, ETC. circlejerk if I didn't post is something else.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1330836610' post='2932939']
TLR is not Athens. Even the Athenians can't stand how unlike Athens TLR has turned out to be. And now AirMe and I are 2/3 of the Triumvirate that gives TLR its direction. I don't remember ever being in Athens and come on, AirMe is a moralist :P[/quote]

Bah! I'm formerly from Athens and I have joked with Cortath (when he was NPO emperor) in the NPO embassy on the Athens forums about Athens and NPO signing an MADP treaty. There was already a thaw in the Athens and NPO relationship before the TLR merger.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330836877' post='2932943']
[/quote]

I didnt "make a big deal about it" at all. It was really not overly shocking to me.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330836877' post='2932943']
[/quote]

Quote please? We're going to make a big deal whenever an ally of ours is hit because we're going to back it up with force. But I NEVER faulted FARK for doing it. Brehon can be quoted on air as saying he liked what FARK did because it gave NPO a war they'd been wanting. The attack was FARK's prerogative. They paid for it. But I never whined about their tactical decision.

Yes, that's why an apology was demanded for a while. Everyone made a big deal of it being a preemptive attack because it'd get more people on the front, essentially. Otherwise, it's just an ODP partner being hit.

If I have to get quotes, you'll have to wait a few weeks or I can scan through threads alternatively.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330835695' post='2932930']
Does anybody really want to proudly declare themselves the enemies of TLR's sphere and NPO's sphere?
[/quote]

Does "Nice grouping" means "I'm your enemy" now? Thanks for informing.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1330837357' post='2932956']
Does "Nice grouping" means "I'm your enemy" now? Thanks for informing.
[/quote]

Sardonic 101, everyone. Act like you're on top and invincible. GOONS prestige in da house.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330837298' post='2932954']
Yes, that's why an apology was demanded for a while. Everyone made a big deal of it being a preemptive attack because it'd get more people on the front, essentially. Otherwise, it's just an ODP partner being hit.

If I have to get quotes, you'll have to wait a few weeks or I can scan through threads alternatively.
[/quote]

The apology was not my demand. And I think even NPO realized at some point that an apology is pretty meaningless. The admission of defeat was the only thing I was concerned about.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1330837444' post='2932958']
The apology was not my demand. And I think even NPO realized at some point that an apology is pretty meaningless. The admission of defeat was the only thing I was concerned about.
[/quote]

Haha, and you didn't want them to demand reps? I remember you told me they were being too reasonable, so to me, that is making a big deal.