Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1328050778' post='2911856']
Personally I would prefer to see them hold a democratic referendum to silence the issue. RoK has never been a democracy but given the circumstances I think today is the time to introduce a one off poll to put this issue to bed in the public light if for nothing else. Hell throw Omni in as a candidate too, he may give Bobby-Joe and Adel a run for their money!

Moving forward the party that wins the poll should introduce a clause to the Charter that clears up a path for removing a leader thats vastly unpopular among the people.
[/quote]
I really don't care what you would like to see. I'm talking about what happened. So you can live in fantasy land if you'd like. We''ll all chill here in the real world.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328050886' post='2911860']
I think we agree with each other Megamind ;)
[/quote]

Yeah I know :D

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328051204' post='2911863']
Actually Adel didnt appoint her self.
[/quote]

Pray tell, who did then?

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1328051570' post='2911871']
I really don't care what you would like to see. I'm talking about what happened. So you can live in fantasy land if you'd like. We''ll all chill here in the real world.
[/quote]

If you're arguing for Joe Stupid's emperorship then just stop. Joe Stupid made me emperor and I kicked him out of the alliance, sentenced him to ZI, and declared Adel in charge.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328051648' post='2911876']
If your arguing for Joe Stupid's emperorship then just stop. Joe Stupid made me emperor and I kicked him out of the alliance, sentenced him to ZI, and declared Adel in charge.
[/quote]
Don't talk to me. You can't possibly have anything to say that would be worth hearing.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1328051570' post='2911871']
[/quote]

Well I have to agree that what happened was not smart PR. Based on the RoK members I speak to it apears Adels assention is legit and popular however I will admit they need to do something to fix the public backlash. Its not hard... a snap poll over 24 hours and you would have an answer. I guess that is my admittion Im not totally happy with the situation, but to be honest my concern is with the public approval of the move not the members approval at present.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1328051759' post='2911880']
Don't talk to me. You can't possibly have anything to say that would be worth hearing.
[/quote]

[img]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg[/img]

Good job. You got me, Slurper.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1328051777' post='2911881']
Adel was appointed while not even in the alliance. She was in the Combine at the time.
[/quote]

Didn't this happen before with Kait being taken from Polar and being made Empress when Taut stepped down?

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1328049366' post='2911830']
That's not necessary at all, and this is a stupid argument. It's already implicit that if you disobey your alliance's founding document that you're liable to be expelled from the alliance and have your nation destroyed.
[/quote]

Well, I guess most of RoK should be expelled then, sent to more deserving alliances, and Joe/Bob can have the shell of what's left.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1328049533' post='2911831']
How about we just use this line:

The final decision, in all matters, will be decided by the Emperor.

Does that hold weight enough?
[/quote]

Not when the majority of membership thinks otherwise and acts on it.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1328050233' post='2911844']
Yes? But unless I'm reading what JonAce wrote wrong, what he is arguing is that the RoK charter lacks a way to deal with people trying to overthrow the legitimate government.
[/quote]

You're reading correctly.

Edited by JonAce

[quote name='JonAce' timestamp='1328052442' post='2911890']
Well, I guess most of RoK should be expelled then, sent to more deserving alliances, and Joe/Bob can have the shell of what's left.
[/quote]
Technically the side that has more "power" can simply call themselves Ragnarok and either adopt the old charter or make a new one. Who's to stop them?

[quote]
Not when the majority of membership thinks otherwise and acts on it.

You're reading correctly.
[/quote]

You just refuted yourself. Backwards.

Point A) Charters and their clauses are only valid as long as the membership upholds them.
Point B) RoK's charter lacked an explicit punishment for members who don't uphold a certain clause in the charter.

[i]Point A invalidates Point B[/i].

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1328050010' post='2911841']
i wasnt aware that anyone was to blame for that, can you show me where you saw this stated?
[/quote]

DDL took down the forums at Adel's behest.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328050390' post='2911849']
Was Adel emperor prior to the forums being deleted?

I'm fairly sure Adel was not emperor before the... incident.
[/quote]

Adel left like a coward instead of standing up for what she believed in. She wasn't in the alliance when she became the Emp.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328051648' post='2911876']
If you're arguing for Joe Stupid's emperorship then just stop. Joe Stupid made me emperor and I kicked him out of the alliance, sentenced him to ZI, and declared Adel in charge.
[/quote]

Just stop. This is getting absurd.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1328052344' post='2911888']
Didn't this happen before with Kait being taken from Polar and being made Empress when Taut stepped down?
[/quote]

Yes, and we learned that 1) there was a worse emperor then Taut, and 2) Hoo "gave" it to Kait. Not even Taut.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328052811' post='2911894']
After you left.
[/quote]

That's funny, i don't remember there being a referendum or a vote. In fact there was no vote.

All in all there are NO clauses in the charter to remove an Emperor, it is a lifetime position. Therefore the only way an Emp can stop is if he steps down in fact you can't coup an Emperor under Rok's charter because i've tried too before lol:

this was before the PC-Rok war.
[quote]
08:54:37: <VanHooIII[NpO]> You know that RoK wasn't coming in
08:54:45: <VanHooIII[NpO]> You said it yourself that you had to talk Taut into it :P
08:54:46: <Joe_Stupid> no way dude.
08:54:50: <Joe_Stupid> i knew.
08:54:57: <Joe_Stupid> and if someone asked me i would have told them
08:55:09: <Joe_Stupid> i told you I had every intention of couping taut.
08:55:10: <VanHooIII[NpO]> Then it is a half truth, because you know Taut wasn't going to do it
08:55:46: <Joe_Stupid> Hey, he said he never intended on not defending polar
08:55:50: <Joe_Stupid> he said that to the AC
08:56:01: <VanHooIII[NpO]> Yes, but you know better, [b]you can't coup an Emperor under our system[/b]
08:56:16: <VanHooIII[NpO]> The entire reason my tag says Polar is because I was told that Taut was not going in
08:58:53: <Joe_Stupid> i'm just saying, me and Taut are going to start butting heads now
08:58:59: <Joe_Stupid> on almost everything
08:59:23: <VanHooIII[NpO]> The RC as a whole needs to take control anyway
08:59:44: <VanHooIII[NpO]> RoK comes across as confused and weak
09:00:06: <Joe_Stupid> that's what happens when you go from, well you, to taut
09:01:09: <VanHooIII[NpO]> I don't think anyone saw Taut as being confused and weak before now ...
09:01:16: <VanHooIII[NpO]> I really thought I had nailed it this time ... lol
09:01:21: <Joe_Stupid> lol
09:01:37: <Joe_Stupid> the real problem is he is on a dif timezone
09:02:06: <VanHooIII[NpO]> That doesn't explain conflicting stories and the inability to convey where RoK stands with conviction
[/quote]

Edited by Joe Stupid

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1328051777' post='2911881']
Adel was appointed while not even in the alliance. She was in the Combine at the time.
[/quote]

We offered political asylum to any RoK member that wanted to escape from the political turmoil that was broiling in the alliance, and we still maintain the stance to offer any RoK member political asylum. She decided to take us up on the offer.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328047850' post='2911808']
Nuking in self-defence is not dishonourable.
[/quote]
I've been nuked twice. I don't find it dishonourable in the slightest, nukes just like any other warring tool is valid and justified... when at war.
That's the point right there. Kait is at war with MK. Rok (I don't care about their internal business) has accepted a member amidst their ranks who is at war with MK. Therefore, Rok is at war with MK.

It has historically been this way and that's as clear cut a legitimate CB as you can get.
Spying, accepting or aiding members at war with an alliance, attacking an ally.

Not sure why it's not official at this point, but they are de-facto at war with us through Kait. (Not even by proxy, it's direct).

Edited by Blacky

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1328055882' post='2911933']
Adel left like a coward instead of standing up for what she believed in. She wasn't in the alliance when she became the Emp.
[/quote]

She, like many others, left [i]because[/i] she was standing up for what she believed in. I don't see any other way to look at that.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1328055882' post='2911933'][color=#1C2837]08:56:01: <VanHooIII[NpO]> Yes, but you know better, [/color][b]you can't coup an Emperor under our system[/b]
[/quote]

Doesn't really matter all that much. We still found a way to coup sponge in 2008, despite an Imperial Removal Clause not being added until late last year. If it has to be done, it will get done.

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1328057998' post='2911965']
I've been nuked twice. I don't find it dishonourable in the slightest, nukes just like any other warring tool is valid and justified... when at war.
That's the point right there. Kait is at war with MK. Rok (I don't care about their internal business) has accepted a member amidst their ranks who is at war with MK. Therefore, Rok is at war with MK.

It has historically been this way and that's as clear cut a legitimate CB as you can get in CN.
Spying, accepting or aiding members at war with an alliance, attacking an ally.

Not sure why it's not official at this point, but they are de-facto at war with us through Kait. (Not even by proxy, it's direct).
[/quote]
Probably the most concise and relevant post in this thread. This is what the RoK government, whoever they are should be working on.