Yukon Don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328065609' post='2912087']
Certainly:

[/quote]
Oh? Where is [i]your[/i] evidence? All I see there is the thread being summarized. You imply: "MK is working with Biodad to attack KK/Hoo" essentially. I fail to see your proof of coordination. You're grasping for straws here.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328064457' post='2912050']
MK has an entire thread dedicated to OOC attacks against Hoo and Kait and have been coordinating their OOC attacks with the girl's biological father, thus their selection of "biodad kingdom" as their AA to attack Kait with.
[/quote]

Hiya, Schatt.

Listen, I like you and all, but please get your facts straight before you start saying things like this. In fact, you're welcome to come to our forums and read the thread in question, which I'm fairly certain you have not done based on the remarkable amount of misinformation in the one sentence you've got there. We're not OOC attacking anybody - if you're interpreting it that way, that's entirely your fault as we've told you numerous times that that is not the case nor our intention.

I'm pretty firmly of the belief that we have not done anything ethically wrong here and I would challenge you to provide empirical proof that we have. I'll wait.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1327976567' post='2911158']
i think this entire topic is moot atm, whether Biodad was Mk or not dosent really matter that attacks on a nation whos ruler had just recovered from a bad experience is nothing short then opportunistic and frankly quite shameful, one would think MK would raid someone whos a bit more
[/quote]

I was unaware that KaitlinK, ruler of the nation Kastay, had some tragedy befall her. I had heard naught of it. I would wish her well, but given that she has escalated a conflict via nuclear weaponry, I think I'd rather see her burn. Nothing personal - just alliance business.

[OOC: For all the recent controversy concerning the IC/OOC line, it's always amusing to see it applied inconsistently.]

As far as I can tell, MK had been given the go-ahead to hit Kait by the (then) legitimate ruler of Ragnarok.

Given more information, that doesn't make it right. So...

does MK have a sense of RL decency for a person in RL crisis? We shall see.

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' timestamp='1328066299' post='2912114']
Hiya, Schatt.

Listen, I like you and all, but please get your facts straight before you start saying things like this. In fact, you're welcome to come to our forums and read the thread in question, which I'm fairly certain you have not done based on the remarkable amount of misinformation in the one sentence you've got there. We're not OOC attacking anybody - if you're interpreting it that way, that's entirely your fault as we've told you numerous times that that is not the case nor our intention.

I'm pretty firmly of the belief that we have not done anything ethically wrong here and I would challenge you to provide empirical proof that we have. I'll wait.
[/quote]
I happen to be one of those "several notable CN mouth-breathers" [snapback]2912087[/snapback] who believes that your use of KaitK's OOC family situation is unacceptable. Long and short of it. I felt the same way when Slayer99 dug up photos of KaiserMartens doing questionable things, when NPO targeted bros, when GOONS1 targeted Bilrow, when MK targeted the guy in Legion, when GOONS2 did it to Ejayrazz, etc etc forever and ever amen. And if you are unlucky enough to one day be the person who's photos are being plastered all over the place or whose nation is under attack because of something that has [i]nothing [/i]to do with your nation, I will be right there beside you.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328066863' post='2912129']
I happen to be one of those "several notable CN mouth-breathers" [snapback]2912087[/snapback] who believes that your use of KaitK's OOC family situation is unacceptable. Long and short of it. I felt the same way when Slayer99 dug up photos of KaiserMartens doing questionable things, when NPO targeted bros, when GOONS1 targeted Bilrow, when MK targeted the guy in Legion, when GOONS2 did it to Ejayrazz, etc etc forever and ever amen. And if you are unlucky enough to one day be the person who's photos are being plastered all over the place or whose nation is under attack because of something that has [i]nothing [/i]to do with your nation, I will be right there beside you.
[/quote]

I'll second this sentament. This has gone entirely too far.

[quote name='Gairyuki' timestamp='1328065557' post='2912085']
Kait's RL daughter goes missing. It turns out that she is a runaway. From the evidence, we know that she met with the older guy before this incident, and was later dropped off at her house by said old guy.
MK finds out that "Biodad", the biological father of Kait's daughter, is some kind of super soldier, and that neither Kait nor Hoo will give him the information he needs to find his daughter who he believes has been kidnapped.
MK then finds out that "Biodad" isn't such a huge fan of Kait or Hoo, for various reasons including what MK perceives to be oppressive parenting (no internet, no cell phone, etc).
MK finds out that "Biodad" is basically doing his own search for his daughter, including putting up flyers, something that apparently escaped Kait and Hoo's mind.
Kait's daughter is found when a man recognizes her because of the flyers placed around town by Biodad. We are then informed that she ran away.

We have reason to believe that the daughter was kicked out of the house, or was otherwise threatened in some way following her meet up with the gentleman from the internet.
We also have reason to believe that Kait and Hoo deliberately mislead us into believing she had been kidnapped because of how apparently terrible they are at parenting.

Somewhere in there, Bob Ilyani becomes aware of Kait and Hoo's deceit, either from seeing the Biodad thread in MK or by coming to his own conclusion, and clears both for MK to attack.
The whole of CN cries "OOC Attack!" because MK uncovers evidence that contradicts the narrative parroted on these, as well as MK's boards. Several notable CN mouth-breathers decide that it's within their moral code to ignore RL evidence in favor of IC principles, and thus proceed to argue that MK should never have attempted to help Kait and Hoo's daughter by uncovering more information about her, and instead should have seen the cry for help as exactly what the rest of CN perceived it to be; an empty plead for sympathy, a hollow cry for action.
[/quote]

Two questions:

First, what reason do you have to believe that Kait and Hoo deliberately misled you or anyone else with regards to their OOC situation? She was clearly reported missing to the police, so it is pretty reasonable to assume that the child is missing.

Second, assuming that there was some 'deception' going on, why does that, clearly an OOC action, justify IC action?

[/quote]

So, you are here to police the actions of an alliance on their personal forum? Cool beans. Hit up every alliance on the planet then and search for threads joking about those who are here role playing nations. I really love your way of attempting to look smarter, better, higher than everyone else. But, at the end of the day, you're no better than anyone else who is here.

Every alliance has the right to do whatever the $%&@ they please on their own forums' so you need a new argument.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1328066937' post='2912131']
It's been several years since the use of nuclear weaponry has been considered an escalation. Not even MK can get away with that as an excuse.
[/quote]It wouldn't be an issue if the current usurpers in RoK weren't tacitly condoning the nuclear attacks by insisting that Kaitlin is a legitimate member of their alliance.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1328067403' post='2912140']
So, you are here to police the actions of an alliance on their personal forum? Cool beans. Hit up every alliance on the planet then and search for threads joking about those who are here role playing nations. I really love your way of attempting to look smarter, better, higher than everyone else. But, at the end of the day, you're no better than anyone else who is here.

Every alliance has the right to do whatever the $%&@ they please on their own forums' so you need a new argument.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=123494&Extended=1"]This[/url] is not MK's forum.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1328067686' post='2912144']
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=123494&Extended=1"]This[/url] is not MK's forum.
[/quote]

You're right. It's a simulated nation. Not a real person.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1328067345' post='2912138']
Second, assuming that there was some 'deception' going on, why does that, clearly an OOC action, justify IC action?
[/quote]

What on earth?

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1328066653' post='2912125']
I was unaware that KaitlinK, ruler of the nation Kastay, had some tragedy befall her. I had heard naught of it. I would wish her well, but given that she has escalated a conflict via nuclear weaponry, I think I'd rather see her burn. Nothing personal - just alliance business.

[OOC: For all the recent controversy concerning the IC/OOC line, it's always amusing to see it applied inconsistently.]
[/quote]

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1328067621' post='2912143']
It wouldn't be an issue if the current usurpers in RoK weren't tacitly condoning the nuclear attacks by insisting that Kaitlin is a legitimate member of their alliance.
[/quote]

I'll agree that there admittance of Kaitlin while she is in a war is foolish, but it's not Kaitlin doing the escalation. It's being escalated to an alliance war by Rag. Kaitlin is not doing the escalating.

when GOONS2 did it to Ejayrazz,
[/quote]
Excuse me? We have never done any such thing to that meathead.

Edited by Sardonic