Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

[quote name='JonAce' timestamp='1328047992' post='2911811']
Having a line in the charter as simple as "Any calls for the Emperor to be removed forcefully by any Ragnarok member will be met with extreme force" could have cleared up any ambiguity. Just calling the Emperor position a lifetime position doesn't hold enough weight if you don't have consequences to those who would seek to usurp.
[/quote]

How about we just use this line:

[quote]The final decision, in all matters, will be decided by the Emperor.[/quote]

Does that hold weight enough?

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328048829' post='2911822']
Sardonic, I think we simply disagree over the morality of demanding that a tech raid target lay down and take it, and it's probably best not to derail the thread onto that.
[/quote]

Even if you don't buy into the morality of demanding a tech raid target lays down, I don't see how you can say that MK are being unreasonable in this situation. Do you expect them to just let Kait go, when she continues to nuke them? If she was truly interested in obtaining peace wouldn't the logical thing be to not continue to nuke MK members?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328049227' post='2911829']
You know thats not true
[/quote]

14:00 Teh1337Guy KK has just nuked my nations again, it turns out
14:00 AdelAway ok
14:00 Teh1337Guy These dicussions are over for now, good day.
14:00 AdelAway Bye

14:00 Teh1337Guy can we please get that stagger on KK?
14:01 Denny $%&@ it
14:01 Denny I'm hitting her
14:03 Teh1337Guy :)

um

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328049227' post='2911829']
[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328049125' post='2911827']
Yeah, the nation we put on her after the talks broke down. Yup. That one.
[/quote]
You know thats not true
[/quote]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PuKw7.gif[/img]

You tell em!

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328049585' post='2911833']

um
[/quote]
Clearly these logs show MK is unaware of Kaits "Nuke-during-peace-talk's-for-the-win" strategy.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1328046406' post='2911787']
Hang on a sec. I haven't really been keeping up with these threads, but are there actually people who think the Kait coup was legitimate and Adel installation is the rightful government and treat it as such?
[/quote]

I do.

The people spoke... consider this Planet Bob's [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Spring"]Arab Spring[/url].

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328049600' post='2911834']
Didn't the current emperor only get there by deleting all the forums and simply assuming the role?
[/quote]
That is the way to legitimately gain power I hear.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328049585' post='2911833']

um
[/quote]

Yes because talks must go for hours and hours non stop...we never leave <_<

Didn't the current emperor only get there by deleting all the forums and simply assuming the role?
[/quote]
i wasnt aware that anyone was to blame for that, can you show me where you saw this stated?

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328049967' post='2911840']
[/quote]
Isaac, if i nuked you mid-negotiations i dont think you'd stay and chat, its never acceptable to attack especially with nukes during peace talks, if KK really wanted this to stop she'd probably stand down and sort everything out instead of attacking, its not like she has anything to gain by prolonging the war

[/quote]

Yes? But unless I'm reading what JonAce wrote wrong, what he is arguing is that the RoK charter lacks a way to deal with people trying to overthrow the legitimate government. I was merely pointing out that part of the RoK charter gives the emperor absolute power and as such one would assume that the emperor would have the power to punish usurpers. That the Adel administration decided to completely ignore the RoK charter and use their power as forum administration to take over the power is unfortunate, but it doesn't change the fact that technically the charter does have a way for the emperor to punish usurpers :P

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1328049881' post='2911837']
I do.

The people spoke... consider this Planet Bob's [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Spring"]Arab Spring[/url].
[/quote]

I'm really happy we have such smart and intelligent alliance leaders in CN such a King Wally to compare the current turmoil in RoK to the Arab Spring.

The comparison gets even more hilarious when applied to the former leaders of those nations and the former leaders of Ragnarok.

Edited by Leet Guy

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1328049967' post='2911840']
[/quote]
Do you think this ^^ makes sense as a reply? You said he was lying, he proved you wrong. Accept it.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1328049881' post='2911837']
I do. [/quote]
Then I don't think much of you.

[quote]The people spoke
[/quote]
Did they? Because it looked like a former member abused their forum powers and forcefully removed the standing government. Doesn't sound very democratic to me.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1328050233' post='2911844']
Yes? But unless I'm reading what JonAce wrote wrong, what he is arguing is that the RoK charter lacks a way to deal with people trying to overthrow the legitimate government. I was merely pointing out that part of the RoK charter gives the emperor absolute power and as such one would assume that the emperor would have the power to punish usurpers. That the Adel administration decided to completely ignore the RoK charter and use their power as forum administration to take over the power is unfortunate, but it doesn't change the fact that technically the charter does have a way for the emperor to punish usurpers :P
[/quote]

Was Adel emperor prior to the forums being deleted?

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1328050010' post='2911841']
i wasnt aware that anyone was to blame for that, can you show me where you saw this stated?
[/quote]

I'm fairly sure Adel was not emperor before the... incident.

Edited by enderland

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328050261' post='2911845']
17:47 Teh1337Guy I'm really happy we have such smart and intelligent alliance leaders in CN such a King Wally to compare the current turmoil in RoK to the Arab Spring
[/quote]

Oh Im sorry did I try and put a positive spin on something that your collectively trying to paint in a negative light. Sorry I didn't get the memo... RoK are bad... very bad and must be punished. A war would probably do it. Continue on.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328050261' post='2911845']
I'm really happy we have such smart and intelligent alliance leaders in CN such a King Wally to compare the current turmoil in RoK to the Arab Spring.

The comparison gets even more hilarious when applied to the former leaders of those nations and the former leaders of Ragnarok.
[/quote]

Is this Arab Spring a new invention or something? My technologically backwards people don't understand what we're referring to.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1328050310' post='2911848']
Did they? Because it looked like a former member abused their forum powers and forcefully removed the standing government. Doesn't sound very democratic to me.
[/quote]

Personally I would prefer to see them hold a democratic referendum to silence the issue. RoK has never been a democracy but given the circumstances I think today is the time to introduce a one off poll to put this issue to bed in the public light if for nothing else. Hell throw Omni in as a candidate too, he may give Bobby-Joe and Adel a run for their money!

Moving forward the party that wins the poll should introduce a clause to the Charter that clears up a path for removing a leader thats vastly unpopular among the people.

Edited by King Wally

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1328050390' post='2911849']
Was Adel emperor prior to the forums being deleted?
[/quote]

No? That's what I'm saying. Adel ignored the RoK charter and used her administrative powers to remove the legitimate government.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1328050170' post='2911843']
What the actual &%$*?
[/quote]

Meaning, why are you complaining about someone hitting you with a nuke during a war.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1328050778' post='2911857']
No? That's what I'm saying. Adel ignored the RoK charter and used her administrative powers to remove the legitimate government.
[/quote]

Actually Adel didnt appoint her self.

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1328050778' post='2911856']
Personally I would prefer to see them hold a democratic referendum to silence the issue. RoK has never been a democracy but given the circumstances I think today is the time to introduce a one off poll to put this issue to bed in the public light if for nothing else. Hell throw Omni in as a candidate too, he may give Bobby-Joe and Adel a run for their money!

Moving forward the party that wins the poll should introduce a clause to the Charter that clears up a path for removing a leader thats vastly unpopular among the people.
[/quote]

Its a well established fact in Ragnarok now that Adel is Empress... but her power derives from Omni's authority. You can read all about it in one of the very many hidden sections of our charter.