Will the Real Ragnarok Please stand up?

Yukon Don

Omni is a false prophet. Joe Stupid gave his power to me. I am the one true sovereign leader, supreme ayatollah, imam, and head honcho of Ragnarok.

Also, I hereby delegate my responsibilities to Lord Nettles, and I resign effective immediately.

</thread>

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328034698' post='2911603']
If Adel was associated with taking the forum down I don't see how the membership can support her, and I've only seen Isaac Mathews really going to bat for her in this thread. And that's alongside the point of which leadership RoK's diplomatic friends consider legitimate. I don't think the succession issue is clear cut just yet.

However, that's all irrelevant to the Kait situation. She was kicked by the legitimate government (in the eyes, at that time, of the entire world) and therefore attacked while not a member. You cannot go back and reverse the decision to kick her because other actions had already taken place based on that, ergo you must re-admit her by roughly normal procedures. I think it is a major dick move on the part of MK if they demand reps, though, since they attacked first – but new RoK, if they become the winners of the legitimacy argument, need to go to MK and go there without a sense of entitlement, because Kait's ambiguous situation is RoK's fault, not MK's.
[/quote]
Unironically agreeing with this.
[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328036899' post='2911625']
You're wrong. Joe Stupid gave all his authority to me. Upon receiving this position I sentenced him to ZI and kicked him out of the alliance. Btw MK, if you want to raid Joe Stupid, you have my permission.
[/quote]
Omni you are nowhere near as funny as you think you are, please stop.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1328036115' post='2911614']I do however find your legalistic argument for not wanting to recognize the new government interesting though and I ponder if in fact it is the only reason, beyond not wanting to run afoul of MK of course.[/quote]

Pretty much, yeah.

NSO is an alliance that heralds and adores coups. Our Challenge System, our entire basis for ascension, is a controlled coup-like process. Seeking out support that you're the better option, [i]pointing out and identifying situations where the Challenged could have done better and how the Challenger feels they would have done better[/i] and convincing the membership that you deserve the position more than the person who holds it (and more, that's a very light overview).

Adel isn't really as bad as many in this thread are making her out to be - however she is fairly inexperienced at this level of government, and doesn't seem to be receiving proper assistance in-house on what they should be doing to rectify their situation.

Adel left the NSO-RoK gov channel a day or two prior to me receiving word via text message from my Dark Lord Dilber about how their Gov went nuts; Bob and Joe were banned; etc. At that point, with the government that was doing the overthrowing having left us only with that which they were looking to get rid of - the only choice I can make is that the legitimate government is that which I signed the treaty with and still remained in contact with me was in fact THE rightful (yes, KK's name appears on the treaty however that was nothing more than an internal RoK thing, she had ZERO to do with relations between us and would have actually sent things quite the opposite if she was involved). Wasn't till after she (Adel) was already Empress that I heard back from her, and by that point it was pretty clear how things were gonna go - I informed her there was nothing that could be done at that point to reverse my decision. Yes they most definitely had a large amount of priority tasks in-house to look at; but contacting allies for support and letting them know what's up should have also been right up in the top 3 tasks - not an afterthought.

As far as MK goes, we have a decent reciprocated relationship with them - but not at any point did they play into our decision.

(and as amusing as I found [i]some[/i] of it to be, the OOC incidents involved in all this had zero impact either)

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1328038768' post='2911650']
Omni is a false prophet. Joe Stupid gave his power to me. I am the one true sovereign leader, supreme ayatollah, imam, and head honcho of Ragnarok.

Also, I hereby delegate my responsibilities to Lord Nettles, and I resign effective immediately.

</thread>
[/quote]

You are a liar and a slurper.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1328039061' post='2911652']
Omni you are nowhere near as funny as you think you are, please stop.
[/quote]

There is nothing funny about this situation, Slurper. I am in charge of Ragnarok and have appointed the government of Adel to rule in my stead while I am busy. I think you need to quit supposin'. Put up your dukes, slurpee slurper from slurpsville.

[img]http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/files/2011/11/ed_slurpee_twitter_11-2-10.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328039916' post='2911662']
Thank you for your support.
[/quote]

You're welcome, I mean, I wouldn't want you to look like a complete unfunny idiot that over uses something and still thinks he's amazingly funny or hip. That would just not be good sportsmanship.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1328040369' post='2911676']
You're welcome, I mean, I wouldn't want you to look like a complete unfunny idiot that over uses something and still thinks he's amazingly funny or hip. That would just not be good sportsmanship.
[/quote]

Agreed, Joe Stupid is such a loser. The whole "I'm still emperor" thing is far over used.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1328027972' post='2911561']
I hereby assert my rightful claim to the throne of Ragnarok.
[/quote]

ALL HAIL THE TRUE EMPEROR OF RAGNAROK! :awesome:

Good luck Ragnarok in these trying times.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1328041325' post='2911692']
KK has continued her nuclear assault against the Mushroom Kingdom and has hereby been placed on our Goomba List. I would also strongly advise against aiding a nation at war with my alliance.
[/quote]

Where's Heft when we need him ............ :smug:

KK has continued her nuclear assault against the Mushroom Kingdom and has hereby been placed on our Goomba List. I would also strongly advise against aiding a nation at war with my alliance.
[/quote]

You do know now you're likely going to get an idiot like Methrage that will aid her just to piss you off right? It ALWAYS happens.

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1328041349' post='2911694']
ALL HAIL THE TRUE EMPEROR OF RAGNAROK! :awesome:
[/quote]

Thank you

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1328041458' post='2911697']
You do know now you're likely going to get an idiot like Methrage that will aid her just to piss you off right? It ALWAYS happens.
[/quote]
we might have to fight with goons for slots :s

Edited by Banksy

[/quote]

GOONS will be pleased.

Thank you
[/quote]
Im hoping the idiot is a member of an alliance that Heavenly Father (Allarchon) would approve of us ruining in His name.

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1328041891' post='2911705']
Well, I guess MK have declared their hand – they don't want to be reasonable, they want to bait Adel-RoK into a war.
[/quote]

Millions shocked. In other news, water is wet.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1328041645' post='2911700']
we might have to fight with goons for slots :s
[/quote]

No...no...no... This is all wrong. Do you not read the OWF? You're supposed to fight Umbrella next, not GOONS.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1328041695' post='2911704']
Im hoping the idiot is a member of an alliance that Heavenly Father (Allarchon) would approve of us ruining in His name.
[/quote]

Sounds good to me.

Well, I guess MK have declared their hand – they don't want to be reasonable, they want to bait Adel-RoK into a war.
[/quote]

One who willingly places themselves in front of a train was not baited to stand in front of it.

[/quote]

You just figured that out, huh? Right on top of things as always, Bob.

[/quote]
****** wills it.