Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1327898853' post='2910227']
At this point this whole thing is for lulz. It isn't about RoK anymore. Besides RoK has secret clauses in their charter. Last war they said they could never surrender, because of a clause in their charter. I'm sure a secret clause about "hoo and Kait are always right" is in there.
[/quote]

If RoK is barred from surrendering by their charter, then does that mean a civil war will physically never end?

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1327928392' post='2910550']
If RoK is barred from surrendering by their charter, then does that mean a civil war will physically never end?
[/quote]

Touche...

[/quote]

Just need to unite against a common Enemy.

Sup?

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1327902371' post='2910310']
I disagree. Hereno and I were there before the triumvirate and well after the triumvirate had been established. There was a marked decline following Hoo's resignation, a decline that has continued steadily to this point. Although I can agree that the train of subsequent governments that steadily stepped down from leadership in order to leave the alliance really did make its mark.
[/quote]

You're talking as if there wasnt a marked decline in RoK when Hoo was governing. RoK's decline began at the end of Karma, under Hoo's leadership. Pull out the stats and you'll see how terribly they stagnated.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1327932029' post='2910569']
You're talking as if there wasnt a marked decline in RoK when Hoo was governing. RoK's decline began at the end of Karma, under Hoo's leadership. Pull out the stats and you'll see how terribly they stagnated.
[/quote]

They were in the triumvirate during Karma. I always felt the tri was the high-water mark for Rok, they weren't the greatest alliance but at least they had direction that wasn't simply one man's decision that everyone followed.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1327932029' post='2910569']
[/quote]

The decline began well before Hoo came back. My comment refers to the time period in between his times as emperor. The second time around he was unable to turn around an alliance very much in trouble.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1327893881' post='2910085']
I wonder if this can reach GGA levels. That would be a feat.
[/quote]
I don't think they've [i]quite[/i] got it yet, one more counter-coup oughta do it.

Oh silly me, one was already posted. I hate playing catch-up in the morning.

Edited by Locke

I am pretty sure RoK's charter says this:

[quote]Decision

The final decision, in all matters, will be decided by the Emperor.

[/quote]

So by whom's authority was Joe/Bob deposed? They did not even have a platform to argue their case from, as they were banned from their own forums in a petty act of revenge. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. MK acted as they did with no malice towards RoK the alliance.

I do not know what stories have been thrown around, but I am happy to offer a balanced argument, backed up with evidence, on IRC if anyone wishes to contact me.

[quote name='Geerland' timestamp='1327947908' post='2910708']

So by whom's authority was Joe/Bob deposed? They did not even have a platform to argue their case from, as they were banned from their own forums in a petty act of revenge. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion. MK acted as they did with no malice towards RoK the alliance.

I do not know what stories have been thrown around, but I am happy to offer a balanced argument, backed up with evidence, on IRC if anyone wishes to contact me.
[/quote]
But they did have a platform. They stated their case, RoK members said 'WTF' and they kicked them out.

[/quote]
Already done: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108801&view=findpost&p=2910602

[/quote]

It's a possibility.

[/quote]

It's ok Italia, I am now in charge of Ragnarok. The slurpers have been defeated. All is right with the world.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name='Da DreadLord' timestamp='1327959549' post='2910848']
The moment they started the OOC bs, they violated their own charter, thus making all other charter references void afaik.

Apologies for bringing logic to this topic though..
[/quote]

Don't worry, that isn't logic.

While the charter might forbid certain actions it does not say what is to happen to an individual in violation of it.
Whether or not they violated it is a matter of how you interpret the events. In this case it appears certain individuals took upon themselves to act as judge, jury and executioner, jobs which ironically enough would fall upon the RoK emperor if you go by the RoK charter (or at least the judge and jury part).
Even if Bob and Joe violated the charter, that does not mean others can just decide to ignore it. No matter how much certain people like to argue it, two wrongs does not make a right

[quote]Removal and Leaving....
If the Emperor leaves office. He or she must select a replacement. [/quote]

Now it's pretty clear that Joe Stupid is speaking for former emperor Ilyani, since he has been silenced.

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1327892837' post='2910048']
Because you are clearly the authority of all things Rok.
[/quote]

This makes me clearly the new Emperor of Ragnarok. I am allowing Empress Adel and the other Real Ragnarok Governmentâ„¢ rule in my stead. I have sentenced slurpers Bob Ilyani and Joe Stupid to ZI for violating the charter here:

[quote]Leaving Ragnarok
Joining an enemy alliance during wartime is an act of treason and you will be considered an enemy of Ragnarok.[/quote]

here:

[quote]What is Expected of Our Members

Unity - We stand together at all times.
Respect - We are respectful to each other and to others outside the alliance.
Sacrifice - Ragnarok > Other Ragnarok members' nations > Your own nation [/quote]

and here:

[quote]Out of Character (OOC) Behavior and Inter-alliance Relations

OOC threats and attacks are strictly forbidden.
Impersonating another member of the Cyber Nations community is strictly forbidden.[/quote]

For those of you claiming that Joe and Bob's return is legal, I'd like to point you to article I section 2 of the Ragnarok charter, entitled Leaving Ragnarok.

[quote]Leaving Ragnarok
You may leave Ragnarok during wartime, but you will be considered a deserter and may never return.[/quote]

Now it's obvious that the Real Ragnarok Governmentâ„¢ was in a civil war with the Legitimate Ragnarok Governmentâ„¢, commonly known as the Slurpers. Joe and Bob left the Ragnarok AA and returned and joined the Slurpers which were clearly at war with the Real Ragnarok Governmentâ„¢. They are therefore an enemy of RoK and can not return to RoK.