Ragnarok Announcement

Looks like it's time for [s]air bud[/s] the membership to choose:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0CafWW8zZ4/TZpGJd508qI/AAAAAAAAAD4/FLd01LbWgxU/s1600/air%2Bbud%2B2.jpg[/img]

OR

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6omiPd6Gn9E/SeQC8ZJLsGI/AAAAAAAAGzw/f89C-smfusU/s400/b24901257191.jpg[/img]

Edited by RePePe

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1327892633' post='2910034']
If you are referring to Kait, from what I understand, she resigned and was declared a ghost. There is a huge difference between ghost busting and ZI'ing.
[/quote]
Pretty sure he was talking about Adel.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1327894109' post='2910093']
*sigh* You guys should really consider democracy. It is a lot less ... messy.

Given neither Bob nor Joe are on the RoK AA, this looks to be a joke announcement.
[/quote]

That depends on whether you consider the coup of Bob legitimate. I tend to see coups as illegitimate so in my view, Bob and Joe may not have actually left power.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1327894195' post='2910098']
So much for legitimacy right?
[/quote]

So maybe this is a counter coup to the first coup.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1327894718' post='2910115']
Ragnarok should have died and stayed dead the day that Hoo left it with a triumvirate.
[/quote]

I disagree. Many of the Rok triums were decent leaders and did well by their alliance. Although Ragnarok definitely was Hoo's alliance during his time, he was willing to step back and let subsequent governments make their mark as well.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327900776' post='2910277']
Believe it.
[/quote]

Why? Because they couped me like a group of cowards? All they did was ban me from the forums and IRC channels, if they would have done it with some force and threats and all that fun stuff we wouldn't be here right now. Get over yourself. If this were up to you this world would suck with inactivity and stagnation. Also don't ever presume to tell me what being a Rokker meant. For the better part of three years I tried living it. Rok means Rok>Rokkers>Self. A few individuals currently presiding in Rok have clearly forgotten that and need to be shown the correct path.

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1327900903' post='2910281']
Looks like it's time for [s]air bud[/s]the membership to choose:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0CafWW8zZ4/TZpGJd508qI/AAAAAAAAAD4/FLd01LbWgxU/s1600/air%2Bbud%2B2.jpg[/img]

OR

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6omiPd6Gn9E/SeQC8ZJLsGI/AAAAAAAAGzw/f89C-smfusU/s400/b24901257191.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Obvious answer:

[img]http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/slurpees.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1327900876' post='2910280']
R.O.C.K being raided is terrible.
[/quote]

I have talked with a member of the Non Grata government and that person was very understanding of the situation and told me that it would stop.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1327900963' post='2910283']
Pretty sure he was talking about Adel.
[/quote]
actually we cleared up this misunderstanding a few pages back...

glad that the raid was cleared up, not sure why NG just didnt raid rok outright though....probably something to do with not having enough targets

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1327901015' post='2910284']
Why? Because they couped me like a group of cowards? All they did was ban me from the forums and IRC channels, if they would have done it with some force and threats and all that fun stuff we wouldn't be here right now. Get over yourself. If this were up to you this world would suck with inactivity and stagnation. Also don't ever presume to tell me what being a Rokker meant. For the better part of three years I tried living it. Rok means Rok>Rokkers>Self. A few individuals currently presiding in Rok have clearly forgotten that and need to be shown the correct path.
[/quote]
You've got a real set to tell anyone to get over himself right now, haven't you? You can't even do your own dirty work, so here you are skulking around trying to get RoK wrecked since you couldn't handle it. You dare to parade out "Rok>Rokkers>Self" during this egocentric charade? Your actions caused a loss of nearly 500,000 NS for RoK in less than 7 days. You dare quote the charter of Ragnarok which states "OOC threats and attacks are strictly forbidden"? Your actions against Kait and Hoo are the actions of a base animal, you are a base animal, a worm. An impotent charlatan so reviled by your fellow RoKers that they were compelled to forcibly remove you. I know you know nothing of RoK because you know nothing of humanity; no fate is too bad for you, and may this ugly stain on your history follow you forever, pernicious pissant.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327900776' post='2910277']
Believe it. I've known, worked with, and called Bob a a friend for a long time, but his and Joe's actions along with MK's are beyond the pale.
[/quote]

What the $%&@ did we do?

Joe you have my support.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1327901359' post='2910292']

glad that the raid was cleared up, not sure why NG just didnt raid rok outright though....probably something to do with not having enough targets
[/quote]

I'm sure it will start once NATO gives an official word as to whether or not they plan on honoring that ODP.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1327901517' post='2910293']
You've got a real set to tell anyone to get over himself right now, haven't you? You can't even do your own dirty work, so here you are skulking around trying to get RoK wrecked since you couldn't handle it. You dare to parade out "Rok>Rokkers>Self" during this egocentric charade? Your actions caused a loss of nearly 500,000 NS for RoK in less than 7 days. You dare quote the charter of Ragnarok which states "OOC threats and attacks are strictly forbidden"? Your actions against Kait and Hoo are the actions of a base animal, you are a base animal, a worm. An impotent charlatan so reviled by your fellow RoKers that they were compelled to forcibly remove you. I know you know nothing of RoK because you know nothing of humanity; no fate is too bad for you, and may this ugly stain on your history follow you forever, pernicious pissant.
[/quote]
i had the end scene of [OOC]Charlie and the Chocolate factory[/OOC] in my head when i read this.

YOU GET NOTHING

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1327901359' post='2910292']
actually we cleared up this misunderstanding a few pages back...

[/quote]
Yep, got that first part.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1327895563' post='2910139']
Lies. No one would willingly be RoK gov at this point.

..well, maybe Rebel Virginia.

They really should disband, this has become fail of epic proportions. I can't imagine anyone wanting to fly that name at this point.
[/quote]

It is getting to GGA disbandment/Legion disbandment/reformation level of disorder. Even if one of the sides is able to consolidate power, they're looking at a ton of repair work.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1327897042' post='2910187']
Hmmm. I... see. :unsure:
[/quote]

Hilarious!

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1327897906' post='2910199']
Ok, so even though both of you have left the AA and you are banished in forums and banned on IRC with no argument from either venues by any members you still think your government? Adel has the support of the entire alliance...just go somewhere, its over. The peace mode is a smart decision from an alliance with the drama we are in. In short its time to move on joe..even bob has moved on and hes parf of the "legit" government you speak of in your imagination....stop living up to your name.
[/quote]

This. If you want Rok to have a future, you should stop this now. All infighting will do is hurt your reputation in the world and hurt the future stability of the alliance.

Edited by Duncan King

[/quote]
I love you the most when you have a cause.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1327900963' post='2910283']
I disagree. Many of the Rok triums were decent leaders and did well by their alliance. Although Ragnarok definitely was Hoo's alliance during his time, he was willing to step back and let subsequent governments make their mark as well.
[/quote]

I disagree. Hereno and I were there before the triumvirate and well after the triumvirate had been established. There was a marked decline following Hoo's resignation, a decline that has continued steadily to this point. Although I can agree that the train of subsequent governments that steadily stepped down from leadership in order to leave the alliance really did make its mark.

Or perhaps you were talking about the foreign affairs mess that Ragnarok got itself in with its most super friends. Or when they were stomped by Poison Clan.

Subsequent governments certainly made their mark, but many of those were firmly negative.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1327901948' post='2910303']
This. If you want Rok to have a future, you should stop this now. All infighting will do is hurt your reputation in the world and hurt the future stability of the alliance.
[/quote]
Surely you realize this is exactly what he wants though? That, and attention. The sad thing is [s]he's getting[/s] he got both. Give it a day and he'll be going rogue on all the "slurpers." He's obviously got nothing better to do.

Edit for correctness. Other than Schatt, no one really seems to care about him anymore.

Edited by JimRome

[quote name='JimRome' timestamp='1327902376' post='2910311']
Surely you realize this is exactly what he wants though? That, and attention. The sad thing is he's getting both. Give it a day and he'll be going rogue on all the "slurpers." He's obviously got nothing better to do.
[/quote]

I will not go rogue, good sir. I have much better things to do. Joe Stupid is rogue already, however. He has been sentenced to ZI.

[/quote]

I for one agree with Shatt....and it makes me feel dirty...

Also, please dont turn the slurpy thing into the next boat/polar bear swimming like joke :gag:

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1327902371' post='2910310']
I disagree. Hereno and I were there before the triumvirate and well after the triumvirate had been established. There was a marked decline following Hoo's resignation, a decline that has continued steadily to this point. Although I can agree that the train of subsequent governments that steadily stepped down from leadership in order to leave the alliance really did make its mark.

Or perhaps you were talking about the foreign affairs mess that Ragnarok got itself in with its most super friends. Or when they were stomped by Poison Clan.

Subsequent governments certainly made their mark, but many of those were firmly negative.
[/quote]

Every alliance has good and bad governments and every government has good and bad moments. Rok wouldn't have left the triumvirate system if it worked well all the time. But the Bob and Joe situation shows that the unitary Emperor didn't always work ever.

There were some good ones and some clunkers. As to the identity and quantity of each, I'll defer to your experiences.

[quote name='JimRome' timestamp='1327902376' post='2910311']
Surely you realize this is exactly what he wants though? That, and attention. The sad thing is [s]he's getting[/s] he got both. Give it a day and he'll be going rogue on all the "slurpers." He's obviously got nothing better to do.

Edit for correctness. Other than Schatt, no one really seems to care about him anymore.
[/quote]

I took him seriously at the time that I made my comment but now I think you're probably right: he just wants to go rogue and rattle a few cages in the process.

I wonder if Adel being in charge will cause the dogs to be called off.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Ying Yang Mafia' timestamp='1327902371' post='2910310']

[/quote]

I don't agree entirely with Hereno's message but mostly this (note I was also high government until I myself left).

That is not really relevant to the post I'm making though.

I'm withdrawing from this thread altogether and am officially neutral in all this. Both sides are completely $%^#@* up and wrong in this whole thing.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1327900963' post='2910283'] Although Ragnarok definitely was Hoo's alliance during his time, he was willing to step back and let subsequent governments make their mark as well.
[/quote]

That'll learn 'em.

This is awesome! And, er, good luck getting it sorted out.