CAMTIN DoW

Sardonic

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1323357488' post='2869201']
I'm not expressing surprise, I think I said that. As for "dog-piling" GOONs, you are surely able to see that the choice of which third of your alliance was hit was a function of which third of the alliances that hit you were sent to fight the war. Umbrella certainly doesn't have targets that small, and MK has few. Your defacto alliance is divided by tier, which is fine. Umbrella gets the tech, MK gets to tell you both what to do, and you get to bear the brunt of wars and collect reps. It works for everyone and nobody is surprised on the outside when it works exactly as it was apparently designed to. People will continue to "dog-pile" GOONs, though, for as long as people use this brilliant[sic] strategy of only marching out their tech farms to war and hiding their Umbrella or MK ranged nations in peacemode until it is time to pay reps.
[/quote]
As long as we're on the same page. People will continue to do what they do, and we'll continue to do what we do (charge reps for attacking us). Hopefully nobody acts surprised.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L2.jpg[/img]

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323357809' post='2869207']
As long as we're on the same page. People will continue to do what they do, and we'll continue to do what we do (charge reps for attacking us). Hopefully nobody acts surprised.
[/quote]
[i]I[/i] won't be surprised when you continue to be yourselves, surely someone will pretend to be for the sake of filling a thread with their politics. That shouldn't surprise anyone either.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1323352675' post='2869128']
Yes, GOD and GOD asked DT politely to attack CSN through an ODP through a color treaty, definitely made it funnier when DT agreed to pay reps. Furthermore, instead of actually helping LoSS with their "plight", GATO managed to leave them and IAA behind after what, a round or two of war? Its cool though, you secured them white peace in the end. Maybe thats why you adopted LoSS and DT's grudge? Because you left them behind and feel guilty over it? In regards to conflating, you and your ilk smear both of us at every opportunity, so its sort of confusing for the rest of SF. (Nevemind the fact that you're talking to Gibs, who does in fact, reside in GOD).
[/quote]
It's funny. I don't remember us attacking CSN. I think CSN attacked us.
This a pointless debate which ( DT/CSN grudge or w/e) means nothing seeing as DH is the ones hitting CSN.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323357809' post='2869207']
[/quote]
I don't think anyone is surprised. I'm certainly not making my arguments from a point of surprise. This sort of extortionist, and dare I risk being labeled by calling it [i]immoral[/i] behavior, is to be expected of such a low caliber alliance as GOONS. For the same reason the parties you directly hit also now have the expectation that they too will be extorted.

Please, however, stop calling it "reparations." Reparations are paid when a wrong is committed. Defending allies is not a wrong. Which is why most alliances won't take "reps" from those who honor their treaties. Because then it isn't "reps" at all, it's just extortion.

And that's not even touching on how such extortionist policies contribute to the extreme stagnation our world faces (and which people forget exists when there's a shiny new war to keep them occupied for the fleeting moment). Alliances are afraid to make moves because they know they'll be kept down for years after surrendering. That is unhealthy for everyone, including GOONS. Not that GOONS cares, it's not in GOONS nature to care about anything except what they can get away with, nor is GOONS the sole contributor, but the point stands.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1323356381' post='2869175']
I'm afraid the Southern Delegation was too busy planning the war to have the time to showboat.

Blaze of glory? Not from where I'm standing.

IC and Epiphanus are both gentlemen of the highest caliber. Drai, on the other hand, is Mushlim swine that would be better suited for the tech fields than for battle.

Dude's got a point.
[/quote]
Allarchonu Akbar!
Allarchonu Abkar!

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1323321083' post='2868436']
I've seen nothing to indicate any neutrality claimed by CRAP and TTK, a number of alliances in this war have treaty conflicts and they're still fighting regardless. If there was any real intent to stay neutral it could have been announced, otherwise the bulk of their treaties point to them providing support for SF. We're just pre-empting that support.

This isn't just because we can, there is a strategic reason behind it. For me it's nothing personal, just business.
[/quote]
[i]Maybe[/i] for you, but for your friends, it's because they can. Can't say I'm that surprised, but I am a little disappointed. I never expected you to stay nuetral. That's not fun, but hitting our ally that was leaning towards neutral was a bit low. Also, DT deserved CSN. Kinda of a weak all around. At least Ramen Mew Mew is back, and tayloj's poem was pretty epic.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1323363951' post='2869291']
SF needs to learn how to lose a war with integrity. This whining is just annoying. There wasn't nearly this level of whining by NPO when they was pre-empted.
[/quote]

I could link you to many Maelstrom Vortex posts that would say otherwise!

[quote name='Trinite' timestamp='1323362438' post='2869273']
[i]Maybe[/i] for you, but for your friends, it's because they can. Can't say I'm that surprised, but I am a little disappointed. I never expected you to stay nuetral. That's not fun, but hitting our ally that was leaning towards neutral was a bit low. Also, DT deserved CSN. Kinda of a weak all around. At least Ramen Mew Mew is back, and tayloj's poem was pretty epic.
[/quote]
Could be worse.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1323359962' post='2869234']
I don't think anyone is surprised. I'm certainly not making my arguments from a point of surprise. This sort of extortionist, and dare I risk being labeled by calling it [i]immoral[/i] behavior, is to be expected of such a low caliber alliance as GOONS. For the same reason the parties you directly hit also now have the expectation that they too will be extorted.

Please, however, stop calling it "reparations." Reparations are paid when a wrong is committed. Defending allies is not a wrong. Which is why most alliances won't take "reps" from those who honor their treaties. Because then it isn't "reps" at all, it's just extortion.

And that's not even touching on how such extortionist policies contribute to the extreme stagnation our world faces (and which people forget exists when there's a shiny new war to keep them occupied for the fleeting moment). Alliances are afraid to make moves because they know they'll be kept down for years after surrendering. That is unhealthy for everyone, including GOONS. Not that GOONS cares, it's not in GOONS nature to care about anything except what they can get away with, nor is GOONS the sole contributor, but the point stands.
[/quote]

You make a lot of assumptions and unfounded, unreferenced claims. And your understanding of some words and concepts like extortion, for example, are not correct. So, in short, no.

Surely your soapbox grandstanding will help your case the next time you suicide attack into your target of a million words and then try to negotiate out of it.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1323363951' post='2869291']
SF needs to learn how to lose a war with integrity. This whining is just annoying. There wasn't nearly this level of whining by NPO when they was pre-empted.
[/quote]
People say this every war, whether the group being curb-stomped complains or not.

[quote name='P Henderson' timestamp='1323363815' post='2869286']
It isn't a myth. Sirwilliam runs GOONS, not Sardonic.
[/quote]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1323364218' post='2869299']
And Johnny Apocalypse and raken run Umbrella!!!

Its all becoming clearrrr
[/quote]

Archon and I come from GOONS (1.0) though. I guess this spins that theory on its head!

Edited by Leet Guy