CAMTIN DoW

Sardonic

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1323381089' post='2869604']
I think you missed the "and" there cj. I see no indication of a tie between BN and SF.
[/quote]

Nor are there any direct ties between PF and Deinos, for that matter.

I think you missed the "and" there cj. I see no indication of a tie between BN and SF.
[/quote]

You guys have an ally of an ally in common, but who doesn't these days

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1323381739' post='2869616']
You guys have an ally of an ally in common, but who doesn't these days
[/quote]

I suppose...

BN - Asgaard - CRAP/TTK - SF
BN - Argent - Umbrella - Deinos
It all make sense now.

Edited by janax

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323378455' post='2869565']
Well golly Ardus, I guess if we want to just come on out with that conversation...

While I, and they, may understand that beds were made for GOD to an extent, for this situation at least, when their lot was thrown in with Polar and I've always subscribed to the preponderance of allies view, there were was only a certain level of risk that I would allow without our involvement becoming a necessity. NS was not the only factor I included in that risk, but blood lust and likelihood of trying to do something unfortunate if/when terms time came as well. The prospect of you being the ones to stand in for the compromise failed the last two elements, completely. Simple fact is most of you have been running around here for weeks talking about all the horrible stuff you can't wait to do to them, and I couldn't allow a situation where that risk would be realized. When considering the limited number of available parties to fulfill the roll, we made the judgement that allowing a bit more NS but far less of the other two was an acceptable balance particularly considering they were less cohesive (being more then one alliance) and seasoned.

Leet didn't have to really be a bigger man about anything because we were all trying to find a reasonable compromise to begin with, and we did. That's it. Nothing more, just business and all ended fine. No slap in the face, unless by slap you mean your members didn't get to do something they wanted to do, in which case I'm not sure what to tell you. If having to consider the larger implications of your collective desires is some sort of grave insult that makes you guys direct your threatening ackbar mushpupu or whatever posts at us, even though we have a number of common interests, then I guess that's fine. You know me, I love to play games.

Personally though, I feel we owe it to our mutual friends to not intentionally cruise towards a very awkward situation and be a little better then that.
[/quote]

So basicly you figure that when terms time comes you will be able to use VE to strong arm those of us that will be setting the terms for GOD's exit because you figured you couldnt muscle MK...

That is going to work im sure :blink:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1323381850' post='2869618']
I suppose...

BN - Asgaard - CRAP/TTK - SF
Argent - BN - Umbrella - Deinos

It all make sense now.
[/quote]

Playing four degrees of separation on the treaty web and you can end up in some pretty strange places.

[quote name='ak47don' timestamp='1323319386' post='2868294']
To a certain green alliance, your time will come and when we’re at your doorstep you will have nowhere to run for the Jihad against you will be so great that it covers the circumference of heaven. You will soon know the wrath of Allarchon and you will weep for his mercy in the end.
[/quote]

You sound mad.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323381123' post='2869605']
In before "we feel we can do more to help GOD by being outside of this war. It gives us more negotiation power."
[/quote]

I'd like to think you are aware that I'm a little more genuine then that.

In simplest terms, this is a two sided war and we are in a bloc that has a supremacy clause and like 15 treaties on one side and 3 treaties on the other. It's a common rule of such situations that you go where your bloc holds the preponderance of their treaties, and in fact one of the reasons we have so much distaste for Rok is that they broke (albeit in the absolute most !@#$ manner possible) that rule to the determent of us and everyone else. Given that GOD was aware of this fact when they threw their lot in with Polar and fully understands the nature of such things, both us and them have agreed that this is the best way to proceed with this issue.

That being said, as you noted they are our oldest ally so there is a breaking point and arrangements were made to ensure the front stays copacetic from our point of view. Hence the little spat you saw between myself and Ardus a few pages back. For clarity, the core of it is as follows: First, we will hit anyone who comes in on them aside from the predetermined group of alliances, who were chosen to be a moderate but not overwhelming force and are already all engaged. Second, we will hit anyone who tries to impose what we consider to be unreasonable terms upon them as well.

For the record, I have never had anything but the utmost respect for BN so even though I don't know the others well I doubt the latter of the two will be an issue.

Upfront enough?

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Truth is that TTK (despite not being overly rich or powerful) was contemplating sending rebuilding aid to ALL our treaty partners post-war on both sides, thus maintaining good relations to make up for the fact that we were not joining the fray on either side.

Ah well, such is luck. Let's all just have fun with this, what's the Christmas holidays without war eh? LOL

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323380412' post='2869595']
[s]Agreed Sardonic.[/s]
Notice I said 'risk'. It's wasn't a matter of trust, or one's word, or what one person says as truth versus another, just simple objective likelihoods compared to subjective beliefs. While I personally have no problem whatsoever believing Leet, and did in fact do so, at the end of the day your alliance was objectively more likely to cause a situation that would force our entry then existing reasonable alternatives that met the needed criteria.

Cold way of looking at it, sure, I'm not exactly known for factoring the 'wants and desires' side of things, but I don't think you will be able to find a slap in the equation anywhere.
[/quote]
The destruction of your eternal ally the machinations against VE's interests are public, there is little point in bowing to Ardus to keep GOONS happy now while they are already cutting your legs out from under you with all giddy glee. Do you really believe that the "general membership" of MK's absolute ecstasy at the undermining of Viridia is not a reflection of government policy?

Edited by Schattenmann

[/quote]
I was just addressing his comment about PF/MJ tie as his post seemed to be casting derision on any such tie to either side.

Or maybe my meds are kicking in and im just having fun pressing buttons.....

either way im having fun :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1323382214' post='2869628']
The destruction of your eternal ally the machinations against VE's interests are public, there is little point in bowing to Ardus to keep GOONS happy now while they are already cutting your legs out from under you with all giddy glee. Do you really believe that the "general membership" of MK's absolute ecstasy at the undermining of Viridia is not a reflection of government policy?
[/quote]
You know nothing.

Now please go back to explaining how you will attempt to remove our ability to enforce our reparations policy, it amuses me.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323382061' post='2869624']

In simplest terms, this is a two sided war and we are in a bloc that has a supremacy clause and like 15 treaties on one side and 3 treaties on the other. It's a common rule of such situations that you go where your bloc holds the preponderance of their treaties, and in fact one of the reasons we have so much distaste for Rok is that they broke (albeit in the absolute most !@#$ manner possible) that rule to the determent of us and everyone else. Given that GOD was aware of this fact when they threw their lot in with Polar and fully understands the nature of such things, both us and them have agreed that this is the best way to proceed with this issue.

That being said, as you noted they are our oldest ally so there is a breaking point and arrangements were made to ensure the front stays copacetic from our point of view. Hence the little spat you saw between myself and Ardus a few pages back. For clarity, the core of it is as follows: First, we will hit anyone who comes in on them aside from the predetermined group of alliances, who were chosen to be a moderate but not overwhelming force and are already all engaged. [b]Second, we will hit anyone who tries to impose what we consider to be unreasonable terms upon them as well. [/b]

For the record, I have never had anything but the utmost respect for BN so even though I don't know the others well I doubt the latter of the two will be an issue.

Upfront enough?
[/quote]

So what you are saying is that we should make sure all other fronts are peaced out first in case those of us at war with GOD need to call in backup and continue the war after you DoW folks because you think something that doesnt concern you is your bsns.

I hope your allies are willing to fight FOR GOD later then, though from my understanding most wouldnt look favorably on that issue.

Or you can stop trying to wave youor epeen around and let those at war work it out amongst themselves without your added ultimatums which will do nothing but have people dig their heels into the sand.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1323382061' post='2869624']

That being said, as you noted they are our oldest ally so there is a breaking point and arrangements were made to ensure the front stays copacetic from our point of view. Hence the little spat you saw between myself and Ardus a few pages back. For clarity, the core of it is as follows: First, we will hit anyone who comes in on them aside from the predetermined group of alliances, who were chosen to be a moderate but not overwhelming force and are already all engaged. Second, we will hit anyone who tries to impose what we consider to be unreasonable terms upon them as well.

Upfront enough?
[/quote]
I absolutely love this post.

"We won't fight you now, but if you really piss us off, I swear we'll fight you later. I swear."

Man up and bring the war. If you don't fight, you have absolutely no say in how peace is negotiated.

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1323382490' post='2869635']
So what you are saying is that we should make sure all other fronts are peaced out first in case those of us at war with GOD need to call in backup
[/quote]

If unreasonable terms are something you're looking to do, then yes that would work just fine.

I mean, if you want to really make our week you can just send in Rok right now though.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1323382851' post='2869642']
I absolutely love this post.
[/quote]

I'm glad you like it. Like I said to your little buddy in the quote above, just send in Rok or DT and we can have playtime.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1323378246' post='2869559']
This thread just became incredibly delicious
[/quote]

doubly agreed sir :awesome:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1323380071' post='2869588']
Let's not talk about this here.
[/quote]

party pooper :(