CAMTIN DoW

Sardonic

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1323353437' post='2869134']
...I have nothing against honouring treaties, which treaty did CsN honour last war again to come in, I can't seem to remember very well...
[/quote]
You don't need a treaty to enter a war. Do you realize what thread we're posting in?

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1323353831' post='2869137']
You don't need a treaty to enter a war. Do you realize what thread we're posting in?
[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of wars start with CBs.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323350147' post='2869104']
Someone's still sore? Hey, nobody forced you to declare on GOONs, knowing full well we get reps from people who do that. If someone did force you, you should've taken up the reps with them. I don't see how we can be blamed when it was your decision to become involved.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
This is the silly e-lawyering I'm talking about. You knew full well that people, including 64Digits, were committed 100% to the defense of our allies, you knew full well that you'd get us when you attacked NPO. And so you extorted billions from those you knew were obligated to defend NPO since before your shameless and unwarranted attack. This whole act of pretending to be surprised when allies defend each other against your aggression is beyond absurd.

No matter what side we both happen to be on in this war or any future war, I will [i]never[/i] forget what you lot did.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1323354269' post='2869140']
This is the silly e-lawyering I'm talking about. You knew full well that people, including 64Digits, were committed 100% to the defense of our allies, you knew full well that you'd get us when you attacked NPO. And so you extorted billions from those you knew were obligated to defend NPO since before your shameless and unwarranted attack. This whole act of pretending to be surprised when allies defend each other against your aggression is beyond absurd.

No matter what side we both happen to be on in this war or any future war, I will [i]never[/i] forget what you lot did.
[/quote]
one day we will have our own karma or something right

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1323329463' post='2868837']
If we want to talk warchests, maybe you guys should have informed SpacingOutMan that his amazing chest of 800million for a 118k ns nation is 'doin it rong.' I await his spy attempts on my nation with bated breath.
[/quote]

That's 1 20 day collect <_<

[/quote]
Whatever man. If your excuse is you're required to attack GOONs because of your allies, you should take up the reps with them. The formula is simple. Attack GOONs, pay reps. Don't attack GOONs, don't pay reps. It's not complicated, and it's not an unpredictable outcome. If knowing all that your allies forced you to attack GOONs anyway, they're the real monsters, making you pay reps like that.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323354039' post='2869139']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of wars start with CBs.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Almost all wars technically have a CB. Not all wars follow treaty chains. I really don't understand what you're getting at here.

[img]http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lenv7gg7d91qg0s8ho1_400.jpg[/img]

I must admit, I love all the MJ is next work that GOD is putting out.

If you look at history, Doomhouse hit NPO twice and NPO is still a sanctioned alliance and fairly powerful. Polar, while being diplomatically challenged, isn't doing all that bad internal considering how many times they've been stepped on recently. Going back further it took three wars for the Orders to deal with the League and that was back before the war chests most nations have today. About the only bloc war that was a one and done was the Unjust War in the sense that a number of alliances disbanded. In all the other cases the bloc or the major players in the bloc lived on.

I guess XX, Superfriends, the Chestnut Accords and whatnot all plan on being a one and done here. Thus of course mandating some kind of another power shift to keep Bobian politics interesting. We might as well just play them off.

[/quote]
[img]http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/memes-troll-bro.jpg[/img][

Hit GOONs; pay reps. That's all there is to it.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323354850' post='2869147']
Whatever man. If your excuse is you're required to attack GOONs because of your allies, you should take up the reps with them. The formula is simple. Attack GOONs, pay reps. Don't attack GOONs, don't pay reps. It's not complicated, and it's not an unpredictable outcome. If knowing all that your allies forced you to attack GOONs anyway, they're the real monsters, making you pay reps like that.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Now you're just being silly. It's almost cute. Almost.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1323351168' post='2869114']
You act as if we never prepared for our getting rolled. We've been waiting quite a while. We knew we'd be hit hard this conflict, and we know that we're hardly going to get off easy. I will not deny that we have to answer for some crimes we have committed. That being said, it is laughable how personally GATO took attacks on others, and what makes it even funnier is you waited til joining Complaints and Greivances to voice how big bad GOD and CSN peed in your cereal. I still don't get it, none of us, nor can any of your allies that we've talked to, do. Mjolnir, The Sandwich Confederation, NEAT, and Basketball Ninjas all has their greivances with GOD. You do not. Please stop strutting around as if we've wronged you. The people we have wronged, are taking their pounds of flesh. Please shut your trap and nod quietly while the important alliances do important alliance things.
[/quote]

Based on everything I'm hearing from the people fighting you, preparation for a protracted rolling was not high on your list of actual goals.
A few rogues apparently shaved billions and billions off your warchests. Sad really.

Maybe I mistook your statement, and by preparation, you just stocked up on lube.

[quote name='Belisaurus' timestamp='1323355076' post='2869154']
I must admit, I love all the MJ is next work that GOD is putting out.
[/quote]

Hmm, you know what..... everyone was telling SF they were going to be next last war. Whelp! Actually I need to find the post where Roq said I was wrong. I need a good "I told you so"

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1323355332' post='2869158']
To be fair, if you share treaties with SF and MJ, you kind of deserve to be rolled.
[/quote]

Ok you have a point.

This whole act of pretending to be surprised when allies defend each other against your aggression is beyond absurd.
[/quote]

I don't think they act surprised at all. I think that they have been very clear about the fact that they expect allies to defend each other, and pre-empt those allies who don't. When Beefspari says "hit goons, pay reps" it is quite obvious that this means "have treaty ties to anyone on the opposite side of a war from goons, pay reps". Moral judgments about this aside, I don't think that policy of theirs is news to anyone or something they pretend doesn't exist.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1323329615' post='2868843']
The Mushqaeda and Tamerland in particular are the best posters on this planet. It isn't even close.
[/quote]
I'm afraid the Southern Delegation was too busy planning the war to have the time to showboat.

[quote name='Jonathan Webb II' timestamp='1323333215' post='2868906']
alot of them died. . . not quite half on the casualty reports sent to Parliament, but I thought it was fitting since we are getting curb stomped into a blaze of glory. Points for knowing your literary history!
[/quote]
Blaze of glory? Not from where I'm standing.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1323353456' post='2869135']
At least I got Drai to hit me, someone who I like, and allagainstwood seems like a nice guy. Don't know anything about Epihanus other than he gloated about my lacking warchest, which is nothing but old news. :/
[/quote]
IC and Epiphanus are both gentlemen of the highest caliber. Drai, on the other hand, is Mushlim swine that would be better suited for the tech fields than for battle.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1323355332' post='2869158']
To be fair, if you share treaties with SF and MJ, you kind of deserve to be rolled.
[/quote]
Dude's got a point.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1323356302' post='2869174']
I don't think they act surprised at all. I think that they have been very clear about the fact that they expect allies to defend each other, and pre-empt those allies who don't. When Beefspari says "hit goons, pay reps" it is quite obvious that this means "have treaty ties to anyone on the opposite side of a war from goons, pay reps". Moral judgments about this aside, I don't think that policy of theirs is news to anyone or something they pretend doesn't exist.
[/quote]
You might have a point if people on the other side were universally hitting everyone, but there was a pretty big dogpile on GOONs when plenty of other targets existed. It wasn't so much that GOONs was hit along with everyone else, most of the alliances opted to hit just us. It wasn't "defending this side" so much as "let's dogpile GOONs." If you really were worried about the reps, there were plenty of other outlets available that would still be honoring treaties to your side. So you can't honestly be surprised when you have to pay reps. If that was "the plan," then take up the reps with whoever came up with it. "The plan" was literally to send alliances at us knowing they'd end up paying reps.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ShqRz.png[/img][/center]

It has been too long since we stood up against the infidels. It is time for the Mushqaeda to show its true strength once again. We shall destroy anyone who tries to oppress us, we shall take their women, destroy their lands and kill all who don't abide by our will.

For our great leader Allarchon!!!

ALLARCHONU AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CheeKy

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1323356429' post='2869176']
Dear Roquentin and the rest of the world, if you're reading this..... [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=97900&view=findpost&p=2610834"]I told you so. [/url] :smug:
[/quote]

Except for the fact just as in that case, there was no inevitability involved. A lot of things happened since January 30th. Mistakes were made. Opportunities lost. I haven't been involved in shaping how things turned out, but nothing was ever imminent. In fact, one of the alliances you listed isn't in any danger.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1323356994' post='2869192']
You might have a point if people on the other side were universally hitting everyone, but there was a pretty big dogpile on GOONs when plenty of other targets existed. It wasn't so much that GOONs was hit along with everyone else, most of the alliances opted to hit just us. It wasn't "defending this side" so much as "let's dogpile GOONs." If you really were worried about the reps, there were plenty of other outlets available that would still be honoring treaties to your side. So you can't honestly be surprised when you have to pay reps. If that was "the plan," then take up the reps with whoever came up with it. "The plan" was literally to send alliances at us knowing they'd end up paying reps.
[/quote]

I'm not expressing surprise, I think I said that. As for "dog-piling" GOONs, you are surely able to see that the choice of which third of your alliance was hit was a function of which third of the alliances that hit you were sent to fight the war. Umbrella certainly doesn't have targets that small, and MK has few. Your defacto alliance is divided by tier, which is fine. Umbrella gets the tech, MK gets to tell you both what to do, and you get to bear the brunt of wars and collect reps. It works for everyone and nobody is surprised on the outside when it works exactly as it was apparently designed to. People will continue to "dog-pile" GOONs, though, for as long as people use this brilliant[sic] strategy of only marching out their tech farms to war and hiding their Umbrella or MK ranged nations in peacemode until it is time to pay reps.