This Week in SuperFriends

Rebel Virginia

[quote name='theArrowheadian' timestamp='1323202624' post='2865977']
Yes, but your memory seems to be awful or maybe your reading comprehension is not up to snuff. It was in fact different. Not a huge amount, but like I said, there was always at least one discussion going amongst the riff-raff. Maybe you don't remember it maybe you just want to stereotype the whole time as the same. You're entitled to your opinion though.
[/quote]

Sorry, I have to agree with him here. There were some very intelligent conversations, but never in the OWF. Although there was a lot more witty posts, but they were of the same caliber when it comes to what was actually being said, and done.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why this year is "lol SF". ;>.> I mean it's not like we're politically central to this conflict. It's more like a combination of treaty obligations and a surplus of haters. But of course the loudest voices are the ones that go down in history, so it makes sociological sense. :wacko:

Also, what Samaritan said. e_e Do something about it, guys.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1323194990' post='2865837']
Serious question: Have you been on the OWF before today?

Because seriously, it was no different back in 2006.
[/quote]
That's actually complete rubbish. There was some really great vitriolic dialogue in 2006-2007. We were terrible and we mocked each other, but it was substantive, especially when Denial, Arctic, Archon, or a few others came out swinging. Eventually the CoaLUEtion side faltered with defeat and attrition (I still feel bad for Vincent Xander), the UJW happened, a lot of the big personalities left, and the old guard got complacent. NPO completely lost its identity over the years and nobody has ever been able to fill that void which was central to that political dynamic (save Polar, for a bit).

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1323203733' post='2866007']
That's actually complete rubbish. There was some really great vitriolic dialogue in 2006-2007. We were terrible and we mocked each other, but it was substantive, especially when Denial, Arctic, Archon, or a few others came out swinging. Eventually the CoaLUEtion side faltered with defeat and attrition (I still feel bad for Vincent Xander), the UJW happened, a lot of the big personalities left, and the old guard got complacent. NPO completely lost its identity over the years and nobody has ever been able to fill that void which was central to that political dynamic (save Polar, for a bit).
[/quote]
You always had a way with words whether you frustrated or inspired me. Glad to see you're still around, though I would have hoped you moved to greener pastures.

[/quote]

Where have you been Doitzel? :(

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1323207577' post='2866057']
Good luck multitasking... between taking down MK and rebuilding and paying reps you won't have much free time. ;)
[/quote]
Figure out how not to get stomped by VE yet?

You're an awesome ally and will defend the two that were hit right? Let's find out what happens if you hit GOD. Don't be a coward Bob, you're talking alot and got that cool sig going...Let's see you back up all your talk.

[quote name='Great Lord Moth' timestamp='1323203462' post='2865999']
I don't get why this year is "lol SF". ;>.> I mean it's not like we're politically central to this conflict. It's more like a combination of treaty obligations and a surplus of haters. But of course the loudest voices are the ones that go down in history, so it makes sociological sense. :wacko:

Also, what Samaritan said. e_e Do something about it, guys.
[/quote]

Then why did the RIA sign with Polaris right before TOP and IRON showed up for revenge? Why did you have members posting things in the vein of "Sup TOP?" in the announcement thread?

Or is this basically an admission you signed with Polar to use them us a meatshield, with no intention of having any kind of political alignment? IE: "We're not politically central to this conflict, because we just totally wanted Polar to come over here and be a meatshield, they were supposed to align with us politically and there was to be no reciprocation?"

[quote name='Belisaurus' timestamp='1323208350' post='2866073']
Then why did the RIA sign with Polaris right before TOP and IRON showed up for revenge? Why did you have members posting things in the vein of "Sup TOP?" in the announcement thread?

Or is this basically an admission you signed with Polar to use them us a meatshield, with no intention of having any kind of political alignment? IE: "We're not politically central to this conflict, because we just totally wanted Polar to come over here and be a meatshield, they were supposed to align with us politically and there was to be no reciprocation?"
[/quote]

This makes no sense considering our treaty will expire before the war ends and we signed it knowing Polar was about to get hit.

The rest of your post is just kind of dumb and extrapolates out from there.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1323207853' post='2866064']
Figure out how not to get stomped by VE yet?

You're an awesome ally and will defend the two that were hit right? Let's find out what happens if you hit GOD. Don't be a coward Bob, you're talking alot and got that cool sig going...Let's see you back up all your talk.
[/quote]
It has literally been less than 24 hours. And yes, I am completely and utterly devoted to a mid-afternoon blitz. It's pure [i]genius[/i] as far as military strategy goes. Though of course, that is coming from the guy who's alliance actually did use a mid-afternoon blitz, so I can't say I'm surprised. Of course, you're towing the party line so hard and, quite frankly, so stupidly that I can't expect much more. What else am I going to expect... next time it'll be about "selling ourselves" to MK or some other stupid !@#$%^&*.

You're not doing your alliance any favors. Kem, leash your mutt.

[quote name='theArrowheadian' timestamp='1323202624' post='2865977']
Yes, but your memory seems to be awful or maybe your reading comprehension is not up to snuff. It was in fact different. Not a huge amount, but like I said, there was always at least one discussion going amongst the riff-raff. Maybe you don't remember it maybe you just want to stereotype the whole time as the same. You're entitled to your opinion though.
[/quote]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=61826&st=0&p=1647395&#entry1647395"]Yeah you're totally right this place used to be so much better over 2 years ago, no wait was it 4 years ago?[/url]

You know what's really funny? You're just trying to revive a trend I started over two and a half years ago. And even back then said trend was entirely devoid of any substance, not to mention the fact that it was entirely self-serving.

That's actually complete rubbish. There was some really great vitriolic dialogue in 2006-2007. We were terrible and we mocked each other, but it was substantive, especially when[b] Denial, Arctic, Archon, or a few others[/b] came out swinging. Eventually the CoaLUEtion side faltered with defeat and attrition (I still feel bad for Vincent Xander), the UJW happened, a lot of the big personalities left, and the old guard got complacent. NPO completely lost its identity over the years and nobody has ever been able to fill that void which was central to that political dynamic (save Polar, for a bit).
[/quote]
:mellow:

:huh:

:(

Always the bridesmaid, huh... :unsure:

Edited by TehChron

[quote name='Clash' timestamp='1323164898' post='2865571']
Yeah I've [s]wasted[/s] put a lot of thought into it and decided I just don't care.

Wow, I just don't have the real life time to waste doing crap like this.
It's rare when I waste the real life time to even post here lol

When I did think about it though, it made me kind of sad that others do. I know it's condescending to say, yet I can't help but kinda pitying y'all. You can say whatever you want, I can do math and there's only 24 hours in every day. The amount of time you waste on this is not generally healthy, either psychologically, physically or socially. I'm not saying anything about anyone in specific, just sayin'. For all I know RV lives under a bridge, in a van down by a river, or some such similar. His people have lived under bridges for generations, and they are DAMN PROUD of those vans, DAMN ME all to hell and back thrice for saying anything. He has nothin' but time, lots and lots of time. Hey more power to him, I say. Really, who am I to judge anyway right? Who is any of us? Do whatever you want whoever who are whenever you want have your fun blah blah blah clap clap clap.

Rant mostly over. I probably won't post here again because I don't really care. I'll go back to not caring about whatever stupid politics/crap/whatever people are pulling these days in the game, used to justify e-roidrage curbstomps that end with driving people out it. Every time I look, there are fewer nations. I know that. There are probably 3675 reasons why this is happening, among them economy, target demographics, lack of advertising, lack of word of mouth, people having more and more choices for entertainment these days, other games, etc. etc. whatever. I don't care who you are, what you are, who you think you are or what side you're on. Such pitiful shenanigans, tomfoolery, lollygagging and general asshattery are one of those reasons. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

There we go, that finishes off the time I had slotted for CN:SE this week.
Carry on, have fun, do whatever you want.

Cue dropped microphone here.

Fake edit: Inb4 LOL DO SUMTING and other knees that jerk.
Dumb asses lol.
[/quote]
I don't mind these rants when they come randomly, say when someone finally realizes their time on CN should be over, and they leave. But it's always pathetic and nothing more than an excuse when it occurs to people only once they find themselves on the wrong side of a war.

[quote name='theArrowheadian' timestamp='1323194066' post='2865820']
I think you missed my point. I do not care about what situation my alliance has clumsily stumbled into, nor do I care what you say about it. My point about the community is mostly that it used to be a place where even a few people could hold an intelligent discussion, but now it's all jargon and walking the party line. Saying "lol this alliance." It's tired and cliche, I figured this place would have grown out of this phase, but maybe you'll grow out it someday.
[/quote]
Because the days when 95/100 posts were "o/" were so much better.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1323209067' post='2866083']
This makes no sense considering our treaty will expire before the war ends and we signed it knowing Polar was about to get hit.

The rest of your post is just kind of dumb and extrapolates out from there.
[/quote]

Wait. What?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1323214055' post='2866256']
Wait. What?
[/quote]

We voluntarily signed onto the losing end of this curbstomp and don't expect/demand Polar return the favor. Our treaty with Polar automatically downgrades on Christmas day.

Which makes the anti-RIA sigs even funnier really.

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1323214554' post='2866279']
We voluntarily signed onto the losing end of this curbstomp and don't expect/demand Polar return the favor. Our treaty with Polar automatically downgrades on Christmas day.

[/quote]

So you threw away a longtime treaty partner in INT to get curbstomped in a war for allies you don't expect to remain your allies.

Burning bridges to watch them burn?

Good luck with that.

[/quote]

Wow....I don't....what is this?......I don't even. Seriously?

[/quote]

What does this say about RIA? Think about it for a second, it might get you further.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1323214769' post='2866287']
So you threw away a longtime treaty partner in INT to get curbstomped in a war for allies you don't expect to remain your allies.

Good luck with that.
[/quote]
Post of the Year. Also, lol @ James dahl

[quote name='Devilyn Caster' timestamp='1323214769' post='2866287']

Good luck with that.
[/quote]

There is no burnt bridge with the International, this is just one road they could not follow us down, and I can respect that.

If you literally cannot understand standing with someone because it's the right thing to do, that says more about your own alliance than it does of mine.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1323215078' post='2866304']
What does this say about RIA? Think about it for a second, it might get you further.
[/quote]

Maybe the same jokes people told about us when we fought on both sides of PB/NpO, or the jokes about how we never take reps. What funny jokes!

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1323215751' post='2866351']
There is no burnt bridge with the International, this is just one road they could not follow us down, and I can respect that..
[/quote]

You honestly believe that this treaty and war has had no effect whatsoever on your relations with INT? Get your head out of your ass.

I can't imagine the blinders you must need to be able to defend polar because it's the "right" thing to do. They have been manipulating and instigating this for years, burning bridges and pissing people off. Don't act like you're martyring yourself for a just cause. One war with Valhalla hardly gives you the right to talk !@#$.

Also lol at this:

[quote]If you literally cannot understand standing with someone because it's the right thing to do, that says more about your own alliance than it does of mine[/quote]

Check my aa we wrote the book on standing with allies.

Pretty convincing bid for wae going here. Keep it up I enjoy watching you stick your foot in your mouth.

Maybe the same jokes people told about us when we fought on both sides of PB/NpO, or the jokes about how we never take reps. What funny jokes!
[/quote]
The joke is RIA.

:v:

Edit:
If you literally cannot understand standing with someone because it's the right thing to do[/quote]

As a former member of old school NPO, I'd think you would have plenty of experience watching people stand up because it's the right thing to do. Were you in NPO during the War of the Coalition? Exhibit A.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

There is no burnt bridge with the International, this is just one road they could not follow us down, and I can respect that.
[/quote]

Really? because to a lot of this it looks as if you !@#$ on the commies for the sake of the Polar bears and a silly two cycle war. Oh, RIA. How delightfully insane of you! To the point where you're not even making sense anymore James.

The Pansy for RIA Trium! (Yes, all three seats.)

But seriously James. You don't cut a rope to strengthen it. If you try to tie a new knot in it, that knot will be the first thing to go. Ya'll screwed the [s]pooch[/s] sheep here. Pansy won't be pleased.

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1323144599' post='2864959']
Extremely pathetic that spying was used as a set up in order to attack NpO in the last war, and now to see all you clowns praise RV for doing the exact same thing. Quite hypocritical.
[/quote]

Hypocritical? Come on now. Most everybody didn't like you in the last war either.