Official announcement from the Legion

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1320033668' post='2835508']
I can't speak for everyone in GATO but I would have said the same things throughout this little fight if we weren't in CnG.....All I said was the truth. Hell it is IAA. GATO wouldn't have let Legion get away with anything other than what they got. Whether the Sith's allies are of the same mind...I don't know but it will be interesting to see if Legion stays on their demands for much longer....The way I see it now if NSO gets white peace they win.....funny how Legion turned it in to that with their posturing imo...but whatever.
[/quote]

It has only taken what FOUR years and the backing of CnG for GATO to grow a pair, bravo.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320038401' post='2835560']I could easily say the same thing about Legion.[/quote]Against the expectations of their naysayers the Legion has gained, and successfully maintained, the upper hand in this war. They deserve to feel pride in their accomplishments.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1320038964' post='2835567']
Against the expectations of their naysayers the Legion has gained, and successfully maintained, the upper hand in this war. They deserve to feel pride in their accomplishments.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, Legion was able to fend for itself against an extremely small alliance and two alliances that hardly committed themselves to the war. Very impressive for the Legion, although most alliances wouldn't think much of it. But then again, not all of us can strive for greatest. So I suppose it is fitting for the Legion to settle for mediocrity, if even that much.[/color]

Now don't quote me on this, but I do remember someone saying somewhere that NSO was more than enough to take down Legion. I can't quite remember if it was an actual member of NSO or someone from another alliance. It would be interesting if someone could find out who said it.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1320040095' post='2835575']
Now don't quote me on this, but I do remember someone saying somewhere that NSO was more than enough to take down Legion. I can't quite remember if it was an actual member of NSO or someone from another alliance. It would be interesting if someone could find out who said it.
[/quote]
I wouldn't doubt it but words are wind. Many taunts fly around here that are meaningless. Now if the Emperor said this then you'd be onto something but it was prolly Krunk :wub:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320039890' post='2835573']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes, Legion was able to fend for itself against an extremely small alliance and two alliances that hardly committed themselves to the war. Very impressive for the Legion, although most alliances wouldn't think much of it. But then again, not all of us can strive for greatest. So I suppose it is fitting for the Legion to settle for mediocrity, if even that much.[/color]
[/quote]

So you have managed to go from pre-war boasting that NSO could take out Legion by yourselves to mid to end war trying to belittle and shoulder blame to your coalition mates as an excuse to hide your less than satisfactory performance.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1320032882' post='2835499']
Ha. NSO will never admit defeat in this if you ask me.

Also, if you ask me, if Legion had tried pushing anything more than white peace on NsO and IAA, we would've rolled. Might be something Legion and their allies may want to consider. I don't know the Sith's allies' minds on this but you should ere on the side of caution methinks. We were all nice enough to not get involved, for the most part, and let you guys scrap it out...I wouldn't push my luck if I were you.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that no one asked you. :P

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1320045866' post='2835586']
So you have managed to go from pre-war boasting that NSO could take out Legion by yourselves to mid to end war trying to belittle and shoulder blame to your coalition mates as an excuse to hide your less than satisfactory performance.
[/quote]

[img]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h457/dandesade/incompetentdarth.png[/img]

it would seem that is his/their intention.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1320032882' post='2835499']
Ha. NSO will never admit defeat in this if you ask me.

Also, if you ask me, if Legion had tried pushing anything more than white peace on NsO and IAA, we would've rolled. Might be something Legion and their allies may want to consider. I don't know the Sith's allies' minds on this but you should ere on the side of caution methinks. We were all nice enough to not get involved, for the most part, and let you guys scrap it out...I wouldn't push my luck if I were you.
[/quote]

[img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img]

I like your humour, keep it up and we might be friends in no time!

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1320037951' post='2835557']
The problem is undeserved hubris.
[/quote]

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1320038401' post='2835560']
I could easily say the same thing about Legion.
[/quote]

I could VERY easily say the same thing about Polar who seem to be posting for Legion at this point. Puppet masters? I think yes. Yet more proof that RV is always right.

Edited by Tiber Septim

[quote name='Tiber Septim' timestamp='1320058160' post='2835612']
I could VERY easily say the same thing about Polar who seem to be posting for Legion at this point. Puppet masters? I think yes. Yet more proof that RV is always right.
[/quote]

Well, you could...if you ignored all the posts from Legion members in this thread. If I ignored all the people faster than me I would be the fastest man on the planet too.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1320045866' post='2835586']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If you would like to continue to believe that NSO has ever said such a thing, beyond the ill informed boasting of a few members (if even that much), then be my guest. But NSO has never said that it could win on its own against Legion. A sub-3 mil NS alliance, with most of it in the lower tier, would never stand a chance against an alliance twice its size. All NSO has ever said is that we would do disproportional damage compared to what we take. That much we have done, and more.[/color]

Honestly, this thread represents everything wrong with Planet Bob. Can someone tell me why we are blasting NSO? Because they talked !@#$ and "are losing" the war?

Lets go through my little check list here:

NSO talked !@#$ and had fun doing it - check
NSO caused controversy and made things interesting - check
NSO has gone to war and win or lose have had fun doing it - check
Everyone else(not NG) is sitting around, dick in hand, waiting for things to expand - check

No one outside of NG and NSO are doing anything to make things fun/interesting. NSO cares not what anyone thinks of them and cares even less about their own NS levels. So you Legion and Polar folks can argue with NSO all you want, get frustrated over what NSO says, or laugh at what they say, but you are either fueling NSO's enjoyment and/or your own, in which case you should be thanking them for having something to do.

NSO if anyone has probable cause to claim you have won THE GAME(you just lost) it is you.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1320058779' post='2835615']
Well, you could...if you ignored all the posts from Legion members in this thread. If I ignored all the people faster than me I would be the fastest man on the planet too.
[/quote]

God I forgot how much I loved Tyga posts.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1320060229' post='2835617']
Honestly, this thread represents everything wrong with Planet Bob. Can someone tell me why we are blasting NSO? Because they talked !@#$ and "are losing" the war?

Everyone else(not NG) is sitting around, dick in hand, waiting for things to expand - check

No one outside of NG and NSO are doing anything to make things fun/interesting. NSO cares not what anyone thinks of them and cares even less about their own NS levels. So you Legion and Polar folks can argue with NSO all you want, get frustrated over what NSO says, or laugh at what they say, but you are either fueling NSO's enjoyment and/or your own, in which case you should be thanking them for having something to do.

NSO if anyone has probable cause to claim you have won THE GAME(you just lost) it is you.
[/quote]

Maybe some people are actually playing IC.

[/quote]

If the object of "The Game," is to lose it, sure.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320059983' post='2835616']
[color="#0000FF"]If you would like to continue to believe that NSO has ever said such a thing, beyond the ill informed boasting of a few members (if even that much), then be my guest. But NSO has never said that it could win on its own against Legion. A sub-3 mil NS alliance, with most of it in the lower tier, would never stand a chance against an alliance twice its size. All NSO has ever said is that we would do disproportional damage compared to what we take. That much we have done, and more.[/color]
[/quote]

I agree that NSO has never said that they, alone, could beat Legion.

NSO has, however, said that they and Tetris could do so.

[/quote]

You've touched on some near fundamental differences in the way that people view our world. I realise and I don't decry the fact that expediency will always win over morality or the sensibilities we might have about the way sovereign entities should conduct themselves. The treaty web is the best evidence of this.

NSO, Varianz and RV in particular are lulz. There's no serious content, it boils down to "We don't like Legion so we'll bait and generally take the piss" and they've taken that lulzy approach as far as circulating screen shots of Legions private forums and dragging Tetris into their frankly feeble and pathetic game, raising the level until no one could reasonably be expected to rise above it.

Some think it's good, interesting. Others think it's a side show that drags down the general tone of our world. It will find its own level in the end.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1320060229' post='2835617']Can someone tell me why we are blasting NSO? Because they talked !@#$ and "are losing" the war?[/quote]

Well, laughing at NSO and Rebel Virgina was already a running gag around here. The fact that they got !@#$%* slapped by Legion, of all people, makes them even funnier.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1320039890' post='2835573']
[/quote]
I grant you your point. Legion is doing well due to shoddy opposition ;)

[quote name='mq3eleven' timestamp='1320008147' post='2835195']
It never was, it never will be.
[/quote]

Personal feelings aside the latter has yet to be seen - that is, whether their conduct and performance in kicking off and waging war signals the beginning of redemption or whether it's merely a fluke.

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1320040206' post='2835577']
Call in allies, somehow Polar will end up rolled and Legion will be paying reps to me [b]again[/b].
[/quote]

Surely you jest, but their hubris - the same hubris that they accuse NSO of - may very well be what screws the pooch.