Announcement from the Legion concerning Tetris

Best of luck to Tetris. Legion is acting out of suspicion of the FORMER government, and as we all know, this never ends well. What a cowardice move Legion.

I fully anticipate Legion's defeat and surrender. May Admin have mercy on your souls...

To war, Tetris!

Ezequiel.

Edited by Ezequiel

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1317718666' post='2815932']
For so many people giving Legion a hard time, not a lot of those would have had the balls to pull this attack off, knowing their alliance was going to get blown to pieces. And I believe the leadership in Legion is fully aware of that fact.

They were fully justified in their move and I believe they shouldn't get lambasted for finally standing for their principles. Many others, even among the "too tough for school" crowd, would have waited for a much more convenient time.
[/quote]

Hell has frozen over...I agree with Yevgeny. Both paragraphs. I guess a broken watch is right twice per day. ;)

[quote name='Ezequiel' timestamp='1317726974' post='2815985']
Best of luck to Tetris. Legion is acting out of suspicion of the FORMER government, and as we all know, this never ends well. What a cowardice move Legion.

I fully anticipate Legion's defeat and surrender. May Admin have mercy on your souls...

To war, Tetris!

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Everything you say is stupid. Everything.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1317706604' post='2815807']
The burning question of the hour:

How much, and which side, will be paying GOONS, GOONs and GONOS their reps for this war?
[/quote]

I've done some careful analysis of the treaty web, and I think the war will go as follows:

Invicta attacks NSO, RoK attacks Invicta, Europa attacks RoK, Nordreich attacks Europa, GOONS attacks Nor, MK attacks GOONS, Umbrella attacks MK, GOONS attacks Umbrella.

Given that none of us are big enough to actually declare on any Umbrella nations, nothing is stopping them from crushing MK, thereby assuring our victory. So in the end, Umbrella and MK will be paying us 2 billion in reps. Again.

[quote name='Mofeta' timestamp='1317727580' post='2815991']
I've done some careful analysis of the treaty web, and I think the war will go as follows:

Invicta attacks NSO, RoK attacks Invicta, Europa attacks RoK, Nordreich attacks Europa, GOONS attacks Nor, MK attacks GOONS, Umbrella attacks MK, GOONS attacks Umbrella.

Given that none of us are big enough to actually declare on any Umbrella nations, nothing is stopping them from crushing MK, thereby assuring our victory. So in the end, Umbrella and MK will be paying us 2 billion in reps. Again.
[/quote]

And the dastardly GOONS plot to achieve world domination is revealed.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317686037' post='2815008']
This implies that you think they did this without outside forces pressuring them to do so for one reason or another. I wouldn't be so sure.
[/quote]
That's because you do not know anything about Legion. Which is not surprising as you are not exactly intimate with them.

This war is Legion's war.

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1317686620' post='2815025']
Well, Tetris is connected to people connected to the larger factions in Bob at the moment, so I doubt many will bother to care about the reasons of war and simply want a war. Even when Legion is right it doesn't matter who is right or wrong, but who has the bigger gun or more friends to call on.
[/quote]
I seem to remember once a war called Karma that was supposed to change that, and knowing that it wouldn't.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1317686865' post='2815044']
It would be unambiguous support of an ally being attacked. Some people don't subscribe to the new definition of non-chaining.
[/quote]
When you fight a war in defense of an ally, you should always be aware of the overarching purpose behind your ally's position. Here, Tetris refused to negotiate on the grounds that they support their members' actions in obtaining screenshots of Legion private forums.

So people fighting in defense of Tetris are fighting for the idea that Tetris should be allowed to obtain screenshots of other alliances' private forums. Now, if you really think that is the case, then go ahead and fight. But know what it is you're fighting for.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317688219' post='2815101']
Calling a spade a spade and whatnot, there is zero evidence that proves Hereno or Tetris spied on anyone. The facts, as they are, unless I missed something, is that Hereno received some screenshots from Legions forums, and made them public.
[/quote]
That's spying. That's what Schattenmann did when he was spying on Continuum in Vox.

If Hereno didn't want to be called a spy, then he should have revealed his source to Legion and not publicized the screenshots.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1317688219' post='2815101']
To convict Hereno of spying, you have to be able to prove that he set a plan in motion, with the intent to gain those screenshots.
[/quote]
No, you don't. This is some new definition of "spy" that does not have any basis in the English language.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317688312' post='2815106']
So NPO's CB was valid against whoever that alliance was they got in trouble for Karma for....I see.
[/quote]
In the OV case, it was a whole lot less clear cut. OV received some screenshots, but didn't publicize them, and may well have not taken any action at all with them. That is, there is no evidence that it was anything more than passive reception of the screenshots.

The only reason NPO found out about it was that Blackstone leaked it to TORN.

In this case, we have Tetris members acting upon the received screenshots.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1317688654' post='2815123']
I have no idea where that conspiracy theory has come from, but I assure you it is not the case. NSO does not like Legion. I'll give you that. Very few do. But tell me, what sense would it be to have Tetris spy on Legion just so that NSO could make a charge and in turn get countered by Polar, Invicta, and every other ally Legion has? I actually like Polar, believe it or not, and have a fair amount of respect of Invicta (excluding Haflinger). NSO has no motivation to roll Polar or set up Legion, and being that we have never been anyone's lackey I would find it hard to believe we're getting Tetris to do the dirty work for whatever anti-Polar conspiracy is out there.
[/quote]
You're right, NSO has absolutely no reason to want to roll Polar, and has never suffered at their hands in any way. There's nothing you could possibly want revenge over.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317689877' post='2815174']
Well Dajobo was there egging Lennox on and took the info.
[/quote]
No, he wasn't. He took the info, and as soon as he realized it was real, he attempted to contact VE.

This is not "egging on."

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1317689995' post='2815177']
A CB is only a CB when it is used to make war. The fact that the circumstances are the same, but had different results, shows them to be cowards. It's not rocket science.
[/quote]
The circumstances are never the same. There is an old saying, you can never cross the same river twice. It means that all events influence later events.

If you provoke someone long enough, eventually they will lose patience, perhaps unless you provoke the Buddha. With this declaration, Legion show themselves to not be the Buddha.

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1317691172' post='2815230']
Anyone else think this is just a huge scheme to roll Polar?
[/quote]
No, although NSO might well be keen on doing just that.

[quote name='Confusion' timestamp='1317692646' post='2815282']
i love you chax. please forgive me for my sins.
[/quote]
Everyone loves Chax.

[quote name='RandomInterrupt' timestamp='1317704837' post='2815719']
Sanctioned status is nothing compared to standing up for one's honor.
[/quote]
You are one of the very few people in Polar who can say this with a straight face. I wish you were somewhere else that is less full of rogues.

Also: At this time, Tetris has 23 of 37 nations in anarchy, and there hasn't been enough time for the nukes to begin. They have lost approximately 10% of their prewar NS. So I think people can stop complaining about the blitz.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317731630' post='2816014']
*snip all rambling*

[b][size="4"]This war is Legion's war[/size][/b].[/quote]

LOL thread over. Haf has won the thread with this inadvertant comedy gold :awesome:

edit- How anyone can say that without laughing ill never know...

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317732235' post='2816019']
[b]Also: At this time, Tetris has 23 of 37 nations in anarchy, and there hasn't been enough time for the nukes to begin.[/b] They have lost approximately 10% of their prewar NS. So I think people can stop complaining about the blitz.
[/quote]

I have to admit 62% of the alliance being in anarchy with no blitz and without nukes is good (yes i know they're a small alliance, but still looks good on paper :P ), it just shows Tetris was caught with their pants down.

[quote name='The Normandy' timestamp='1317732355' post='2816021']
No, legion dismantle tetris from limb to limb and then move on to the next.
[/quote]
tetris are growing limbs now, that's odd.

but more importantly, since when has legion dismantled anything?

Edited by Amossio

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1317732683' post='2816023']
LOL thread over. Haf has won the thread with this inadvertant comedy gold :awesome:

edit- How anyone can say that without laughing ill never know...
[/quote]
I rarely post without a grin on my face. You should know that ;)

You guys were better when you had the penguin.

[quote name='Dilber' timestamp='1317733176' post='2816033']
Legion has 37 currently in Anarchy, assuming I did my search right. NSO has 6 on AA in anarchy. 2 are ghosts, and one just stayed in anarchy from a while back apparently. :v:
[/quote]
Legion are showing a few ghost-busting wars, presumably some of those anarchies are from that as well.

No, although NSO might well be keen on doing just that.
[/quote]
Haf, meet Sarcasm, Sarcasm, meet Haf.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317733385' post='2816034']
I rarely post without a grin on my face. You should know that ;)

You guys were better when you had the penguin.
[/quote]
They still have the [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=75713"]Penguin[/url]

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317733385' post='2816034']
Legion are showing a few ghost-busting wars, presumably some of those anarchies are from that as well.
[/quote]

I checked this actually. There's one Ghost Busting war going on currently, and Sonic Pluto dropped AA. The people he is fighting are not in anarchy. Anarchies are not from ghosts unless the are just sitting in anarchy like that dude on our AA.

[quote name='Amossio' timestamp='1317733124' post='2816032']
tetris are growing limbs now, that's odd.

but more importantly, since when has legion dismantled anything?
[/quote]

True.

Not really sure if legion managed to dismantle anything, even in Fallout new Vegas.

Truth is legion will get battered down along with anyone else that may enter on their side.

So my advice to legion, when you reach 3000 NS per a nation,just troll as usual.

So people fighting in defense of Tetris are fighting for the idea that Tetris should be allowed to obtain screenshots of other alliances' private forums. Now, if you really think that is the case, then go ahead and fight. But know what it is you're fighting for.
[/quote]

No, they are fighting for their allies. Unless you are accusing Tyga of supporting spying.

[quote]
No, he wasn't. He took the info, and as soon as he realized it was real, he attempted to contact VE.
[/quote]

I like how you selectively leave out the fact that Dajaboo also suggested Lennox go to VE to spy in the first place.

[quote]
This is not "egging on."
[/quote]

It KINDA is...