Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317273105' post='2811117']This may come as a surprise to you, but your individual standards aren't universal standards.[/quote]
i want everybody to stop and consider this post
[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1317273105' post='2811117']This may come as a surprise to you, but your individual standards aren't universal standards.[/quote]

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275135' post='2811225']
The day I take a leaf out of the NPO's book, it will be only to wipe my large arse.
[/quote]

If that leaf has me on it*, that might not be such a good idea.

(* It probably will, I get around a lot in NPO.)

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317275291' post='2811229']
Hey, Grub.

If your alliance is so morally superior, why are they supporting someone refusing to pay reps for a tech raid? I seem to remember a similar situation to this not all that long ago where you threatened to go through a treatied ally to make the raiders pay.
[/quote]

Personally, I think the amount asked for was unimportant, insignificant and not that unreasonable but it is not my cash. Reps are one of the most boring parts of the whole process. I would pay 30 million myself to avert someone like UPN being the spark for what will follow now.

I don't condone raiding, I don't do it and personally if you trip the switch you should expect to pay for the mistake. This is not however about 30 million now is it?

UPN are currently allied to us, they have been attacked. So where does that leave their allies?

[quote name='King Penchuk' timestamp='1317272842' post='2811097']
I find the general NPO hostility towards the NpO an interesting note as well. Trying to fit in with the crowd?
[/quote]
Oh, but i'm sure they are speaking for themselves. To assume that they're speaking for their alliance is [i]wrong[/i].

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1317275725' post='2811253']
[i]"Better a bitter truth than a sweet lie."[/i]

Unhappily most of the inhabitants of cyberverse prefer to fool themselves with sweet things.
[/quote]

Alright, here's a bitter truth.

Polar is angry and resentful at everyone and their "new friends" because they have literally stayed as the same alliance for the past 2+ years, while everyone else has changed and gotten new government, members, and allies. They don't like all these changes. They'd rather complain about how others "defend their friends" than look at their own sorry state of political isolation and practical abandonment.

So yeah, keep fooling yourself with your sweet things like Legion and UPN. Because, guess, what, you're $%&@ed.

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317275782' post='2811256']
Am I the only one hoping NPO teaches their wayward child some manners at the next update?
[/quote]

I... Did I read this right? I think tears of joy have sprung from my cheeks! That or I'm retaining water and sprung a leak.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275960' post='2811262']So where does that leave their allies?[/quote]
isn't that up to you to tell us

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275960' post='2811262']Personally, I think the amount asked for was unimportant, insignificant and not that unreasonable but it is not my cash. Reps are one of the most boring parts of the whole process. I would pay 30 million myself to avert someone like UPN being the spark for what will follow now.[/quote]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/soPHO.gif[/IMG]

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275960' post='2811262']

UPN are currently allied to us, they have been attacked. So where does that leave their allies?
[/quote]

If I were a betting man, and I am...

Lookin the other way pretending you don't see anything, would be my guess.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317275992' post='2811264']

Polar is angry and resentful at everyone and their "new friends" because they have literally stayed as the same alliance for the past 2+ years, while everyone else has changed and gotten new government, members, and allies. They don't like all these changes. They'd rather complain about how others "defend their friends" than look at their own sorry state of political isolation and practical abandonment.

So yeah, keep fooling yourself with your sweet things like Legion and UPN. Because, guess, what, you're $%&@ed.
[/quote]

So what are you really trying to say here? I have known we are $%^%$ for some time, doesn't change much does it?

[quote name='Dexomega' timestamp='1317274003' post='2811167']
We never explicitly said we would ONLY pay 3 million. It was a counter offer, one taken out of context. And then within a few hours they declare war on us.

If this were, oh I dunno, happening to NG, people would be !@#$%*ing incessantly. On a tangentially related note, indefinitely protected AAs are becoming a bane of CN's existence.
[/quote]

I like VL, though. Partly because I named it. Also, 3m is never a good counter offer at 30k NS -- *or* when the one doing the raid is your alliance's MoD.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1317274561' post='2811198']
Dobs2504, I feel it would be prudent for you to review the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNJ6nCMCSWE]UPN's guide to tech-raiding[/url]. If only you had known to "...repect your alliances tech raiding policy", this entire war could have been averted.
[/quote]

.... I only watched a minute of that...

Seriously? CMs? Bombers? I thought people said GOONS were bad. >_>

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1317275345' post='2811234']
The cost for those nations to rebuy the infra is roughly in the 500-800 thousand per 10 infra range. 4 days worth of attacks, 8 GAs, 160 infra, that's around 10 mill in infra costs.

Do people not know how to use a search button? A search of these boards yields several results that clearly say it is protected, including this one: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=103705 . A search of the wikis should lead you to the same thing.
[/quote]

I see (estimated) well over 300 infra damage on wahoo6692 -- that is not consistent with 1k tech and GAs for four days.

That is more consistent with use of what is commonly regarded as 'bad raiding practices'.

Namely CMs, bombers, etc.

Based on that... I'd say that if *anything* NG was being generous.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275135' post='2811225']
<snip>
The day I take a leaf out of the NPO's book, it will be only to wipe my large arse.
<snip>
[/quote]

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' timestamp='1317275612' post='2811247']
Please feel free to choose whoever you choose to choose. As for the rest of your statement, does that even make sense to you drunk?
[/quote]

Probably the only time it makes sense is when I am "pissed". However you keep working on relevancy and I will keep working on what makes sense to me when I am intoxicated.

Personally, I think the amount asked for was unimportant, insignificant and not that unreasonable but it is not my cash. Reps are one of the most boring parts of the whole process. I would pay 30 million myself to avert someone like UPN being the spark for what will follow now.

I don't condone raiding, I don't do it and personally if you trip the switch you should expect to pay for the mistake. This is not however about 30 million now is it?

[/quote]

From you personally? Given your track record I'd expect blasting them for being evil tech raiders and call for a crusade to wipe their scourge from the face of Bob, treaty or no.

From your alliance as a whole? Instead of trying to defend UPN as somehow being justified by magical non-working inflation theory, just admit "Yeah UPN $%&@ed up but we support them anyway".

Either way, the current actions of NpO are hardly what I'd consider the actions of someone "morally superior to nearly this entire toilet bowl of a planet." In fact, the actions are very eerily as filled with double standards and a general lack of morality as any other alliance on the planet. Not the shining beacon of morality for the world you wish to portray.

This is not however about 30 million now is it?
[/quote]

Grub, yes, it is. No one is out to get you this time. In fact, the prevailing thought is that your not going to come in, because its the reasonable thing to do in light of this being UPN's screw up.

There is no grand conspiracy, no plot, no one forcing UPN's MoD to act ridiculous, just a random incident that triggered a war. Whether it's quick and fitting the crime or a drawn out world wide event that ends in your alliance getting its face caved in yet again isn't up to NG or UPN.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1317275992' post='2811264']

[/quote]

You say we are angry, so please enlighten me, why you are the one who keep criticizing us and showing your hate towards Polaris every time that Polaris name is mentioned? You do that because that's the cool thing to do nowadays? Are you just trying to look cool and get a place in the same table of those in power who you envy or you really hate us that bad? Please tell me how you really feel.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317276329' post='2811277']
From you personally? Given your track record I'd expect blasting them for being evil tech raiders and call for a crusade to wipe their scourge from the face of Bob, treaty or no.

From your alliance as a whole? Instead of trying to defend UPN as somehow being justified by magical non-working inflation theory, just admit "Yeah UPN $%&@ed up but we support them anyway".

Either way, the current actions of NpO are hardly what I'd consider the actions of someone "morally superior to nearly this entire toilet bowl of a planet." In fact, the actions are very eerily as filled with double standards and a general lack of morality as any other alliance on the planet. Not the shining beacon of morality for the world you wish to portray.
[/quote]

You know I agree completely and Seerow we can NOT keep meeting like this.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1317276413' post='2811282']
Grub, yes, it is. No one is out to get you this time. In fact, the prevailing thought is that your not going to come in, because its the reasonable thing to do in light of this being UPN's screw up.

There is no grand conspiracy, no plot, no one forcing UPN's MoD to act ridiculous, just a random incident that triggered a war. Whether it's quick and fitting the crime or a drawn out world wide event that ends in your alliance getting its face caved in yet again isn't up to NG or UPN.
[/quote]

Do not ruin his delusions. The rest of us are being entertained by them.

[quote name='conistonslim' timestamp='1317272895' post='2811100']
Well that's rich LV, your AA signs one ODP and now your all smug and condescending.
[/quote]

Obviously you don't know LV.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1317276329' post='2811277']

[/quote]

I hate tech raiding, apparently most of you think it is fun. I have long stopped caring, everything must die.

I will never defend UPN's actions. I don't really give a toss about inflation theories, reps or anything else relating to this matter. This is simply about power and who has it. NG want to push the issue, they have every right to do so, but more importantly they have the capability to do so. Big whoopee.

UPN may well have screwed up, as all raiding alliances do eventually. Whether they deserve to be smashed to bits over it is an entirely different matter. I know it will cost me a lot more than $30 million when the dust settles and I am more than happy if it does.

As for my moral position, I will always be superior to the ADHD kiddies of this planet. I have been waiting for a long time for there to be something that drives the last few decent members from this world, bring it and fulfill my dream that one day I don't co-habitate with complete scum. Here's to a few less and an end that moves ever closer.

So much wasted time, the end so close... good times.

Edited by AlmightyGrub