Joint SOS Brigade-Invicta Announcement

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314154872' post='2787420']
I worded that badly, but what I meant was will CnG declare on SF in support of whoever might attack them (DH/PB?). I'm not saying you guys will cower from a losing war, just curious how eager you are to be on the winning side next war with SF on the other side. :P
[/quote]

ah ok gotcha. That does make a little more sense. I think some members of CnG would be happier to see that than others would. So mixed feelings. :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1314142897' post='2787233']
That had nothing to do with NPO.
[/quote]

So they either independently realised the ineptitude of SOS leadership, or lost the entirety of their spine all by themselves? Or maybe a combination of the two?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1314120221' post='2786941']
I'm confused by this statement. If SoS Brigade defends RIA or GOD, are you not planning on honoring this treaty then?
[/quote]
It's a non-chaining MDOAP, like, well, all of our MDOAPs now.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1314121003' post='2786958']
I'll make it easy.

If SoS Brigade defends RIA or GOD and its apparent that they will get pounded, Invicta will opted out, per the treaty. If on the other hand it's clear that SoS Brigade is hopping on the victory bandwagon, then Invicta will be happy to join them, per the treaty.

See? Very easy.
[/quote]
You'd think Valhalla would remember the time we lost half our NS defending you on a non-chaining MDOAP. I'm sorry, but we do not work the way you do.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1314122452' post='2786983']
Good luck Invicta. :(
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1314140679' post='2787198']
It actually wasn't supposed to be a joke. If NPO refuses to fight for SF do you still plan on rolling out for SOS? (legit question)
[/quote]
We make our own decisions about when to invoke non-chaining clauses, as does NPO. (Our treaty to NPO is also non-chaining.)

[quote name='shavar' timestamp='1314149629' post='2787327']
Congrats to our dear friends of Invicta, I see nothing but great things coming from this treaty.
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1314182292' post='2787600']
Well I love ya Invicta, and while I don't know SOS Brigade that well I have known a couple of members and they're alright in my book.
[/quote]
Thank you.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1314146080' post='2787277']
Please listen to this man, as he is a voice of reason. I need to get rid of these blue balls.

C'mon, I'll even give you another flimsy casus belli! :ehm:

[/quote]

Please tell me you are serious, because iirc last time war broke out between 2 alliances, while your empress stepped up and took her enemies head on, you were busy hiding in peace mode going to different alliances begging for help.

With all that said, you still come here acting tough telling people you guys are desperated to roll SOS?

[quote name='Ginji' timestamp='1314213013' post='2787741']
Please tell me you are serious, because iirc last time war broke out between 2 alliances, while your empress stepped up and took her enemies head on, you were busy hiding in peace mode going to different alliances begging for help.

With all that said, you still come here acting tough telling people you guys are desperated to roll SOS?
[/quote]

I was completely unaware, sir, that running foreign affairs dispatches to your allies in the event of the war was unusual.

My, aren't you the knowledge teacher. :lol1:

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1314215306' post='2787757']
I was completely unaware, sir, that running foreign affairs dispatches to your allies in the event of the war was unusual.

My, aren't you the knowledge teacher. :lol1:
[/quote]

His main point was that you hid away in peace mode, which you ignored completely.

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1314216425' post='2787767']
His main point was that you hid away in peace mode, which you ignored completely.
[/quote]

Peace mode is frequently used by alliances who are less than completely terrible for tactical purposes during war. Besides, allies of Legion don't have much room to criticize others about their peace mode habits.

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1314216425' post='2787767']
[/quote]

One nation in peace mode compared to a vast number of nations in an alliance in wartime.

We at the NsO knew said reasons that he was in peace mode, and we were more than capable to handle whatever was heading towards us, that nation being in peace mode or not.

Now, as someone who knows how to make stupid PR moves. I must say taking over every topic that is about SOS to mud sling, and then claim you don't care about them, is a nice one.

Seriously though, I like some people in NsO, but just give it a rest. This topic is about a treaty upgrade between two alliance you are not even allied to, it has nothing to do with you, all it looks like is a grab for attention.

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1314221353' post='2787789']
One nation in peace mode compared to a vast number of nations in an alliance in wartime.

We at the NsO knew said reasons that he was in peace mode, and we were more than capable to handle whatever was heading towards us, that nation being in peace mode or not.
[/quote]

and what could it be the reason why he hid inn peace mode? His foreseen defeat?

Edit: If i'm not mistaken, he has been about the only one from your alliance came into this thread telling people how much he wanted to war SOS

Also Soviet Haruhi, as someone already pointed out the missing in your post, there is no reason for me to respond to it until said missing is added

Edited by Ginji

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1314224777' post='2787806']
Except we're not an anime alliance.
[/quote]
You are however, allied to weeaboo numero uno. Therefore, you are by association, an anime alliance.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by dane0

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1314226047' post='2787813']
You are however, allied to weeaboo numero uno. Therefore, you are by association, an anime alliance.
[/quote]

I don't care for anime, but I'm not going to hold it against others, especially ones who turn out to be fine allies.

[quote name='dane0' timestamp='1314226047' post='2787813']

EDIT: Spelling
[/quote]

Say someone who recently upgraded their treaty with an alliance which was formed by those banished from SOS.
Also, a noticable number of your govt are anime lovers.

I don't see whats up with all the anime hate, there are a lot of really good animes out there. I don't see anything wrong with basing an alliance off such similar interests, its not any worse than basing an alliance off science fiction movies, game companies, games, or any other wide range of interests I've seen alliances based on.

[quote name='Ginji' timestamp='1314223790' post='2787800']
and what could it be the reason why he hid inn peace mode? His foreseen defeat?

Edit: If i'm not mistaken, he has been about the only one from your alliance came into this thread telling people how much he wanted to war SOS

Also Soviet Haruhi, as someone already pointed out the missing in your post, there is no reason for me to respond to it until said missing is added
[/quote]

You and I both know you realize how silly you're being right now. Having members go into peace mode after your alliance is blindsided with little to no warning does not equal cowardice. If you're going to hate on someone, hate on him for something he's actually done wrong. Like be in an alliance allied to Tetris or something.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1314226877' post='2787821']
I don't care for anime, but I'm not going to hold it against others, especially ones who turn out to be fine allies.
[/quote]

I actually completely agree with this post apart from the part where you imply that SOS Brigade are "fine allies". Good people can have crappy hobbies. Speaking of fine allies, though, remember that time you weren't going to defend SOS after they declared war with what they considered to be a rock solid CB? :ehm:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314220629' post='2787782']
Peace mode is frequently used by alliances who are less than completely terrible for tactical purposes during war. Besides, allies of Legion don't have much room to criticize others about their peace mode habits.
[/quote]

I don't have your tactical skill but I don't recall any alliances that utilized peace mode as a tactic winning that last war (although Avalon didn't do bad). There's also a kind of irony when you defend peace mode warriors and criticize them in the same paragraph.

Also, I'm sure we've learned from past wars that if you run into peace mode while people are preparing to blitz, you immediately end any hope of pre-war negotiations and trigger a blitz to keep everyone else from running into peace mode. Diplomacy was very successful there, and no infra would've been lost by either side had SH not run into peace mode. There's no space for negotiating when the offender and other members start running into peace mode. Of course, judging from Soviet Haruhi's behavior in this thread, it looks like he's just fine with throwing CBs at SOS Brigade, then have everyone else fight a war over him.