Joint SOS Brigade-Invicta Announcement

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314228539' post='2787834']
Speaking of fine allies, though, remember that time you weren't going to defend SOS after they declared war with what they considered to be a rock solid CB? :ehm:
[/quote]

That DoS did not go over in the way it was intended to, and I'll be honest, I wasn't happy when it was posted. Either way, there wasn't even a chance to defend them as it was all over in the blink of an eye.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1314229109' post='2787838']
I don't have your tactical skill but I don't recall any alliances that utilized peace mode as a tactic winning that last war (although Avalon didn't do bad). There's also a kind of irony when you defend peace mode warriors and criticize them in the same paragraph.

Also, I'm sure we've learned from past wars that if you run into peace mode while people are preparing to blitz, you immediately end any hope of pre-war negotiations and trigger a blitz to keep everyone else from running into peace mode. Diplomacy was very successful there, and no infra would've been lost by either side had SH not run into peace mode. There's no space for negotiating when the offender and other members start running into peace mode. Of course, judging from Soviet Haruhi's behavior in this thread, it looks like he's just fine with throwing CBs at SOS Brigade, then have everyone else fight a war over him.
[/quote]

There is a difference between a tactical use of peace mode and hiding large portions of your alliance in peace mode for the duration of an entire war. If members were "running into peace mode" as you claim, they were probably doing so because the alliance thought they were going to be attacked. Turns out they were right; and there's nothing at all cowardly about wanting to screw up your opponents' blitz. That's just common sense, mate.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1314228539' post='2787834']
You and I both know you realize how silly you're being right now. Having members go into peace mode after your alliance is blindsided with little to no warning does not equal cowardice. If you're going to hate on someone, hate on him for something he's actually done wrong. Like be in an alliance allied to Tetris or something.
[/quote]

Actually no, I have log( wouldnt mind sharing in private) he went to different alliances bragging about how he learnt about the "blitz" days before it happened.

[quote name='Ginji' timestamp='1314226938' post='2787822']
Say someone who recently upgraded their treaty with an alliance which was formed by those banished from SOS.
Also, a noticable number of your govt are anime lovers.
[/quote]

If I may ask, who?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1314228130' post='2787832']
I don't see whats up with all the anime hate, there are a lot of really good animes out there. I don't see anything wrong with basing an alliance off such similar interests, its not any worse than basing an alliance off science fiction movies, game companies, games, or any other wide range of interests I've seen alliances based on.
[/quote]
I complete agree with this. Attacking alliances for horrible diplomacy, corrupted governments, power politics or being trolls is understandable, but anime is a theme just as good as any other theme of a special interest group, and anime isn't just something enjoyed by a little number of nerds, but by a good number of people from all demographic categories. And even if one doesn't enjoy them all, there are some really good ones out there.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1314229109' post='2787838']
I don't have your tactical skill but I don't recall any alliances that utilized peace mode as a tactic winning that last war (although Avalon didn't do bad). There's also a kind of irony when you defend peace mode warriors and criticize them in the same paragraph.

Also, I'm sure we've learned from past wars that if you run into peace mode while people are preparing to blitz, you immediately end any hope of pre-war negotiations and trigger a blitz to keep everyone else from running into peace mode. Diplomacy was very successful there, and no infra would've been lost by either side had SH not run into peace mode. There's no space for negotiating when the offender and other members start running into peace mode. Of course, judging from Soviet Haruhi's behavior in this thread, it looks like he's just fine with throwing CBs at SOS Brigade, then have everyone else fight a war over him.
[/quote]
Muz, I think we both were fighting in this conflict, even on the same side and it should have been obvious that diplomacy was no option and that NsO saved more in running to peace mode, than if they had fought with all nations. This war was not lost on the battlefield, but on the negotiation table and for NsO it was only profitable to go into peace mode as soon as possible and to wait for the peace talks to end in a success.

Also, if you really believe that a diplomacy without a war was possible, I'm sorry, but no. I'm no expert on SOS-NsO relations, but surely better informed than you. And the diplomacy pre-war was already deemed failed and no option, the only options possible were in my opinion a war or ignoring NsO. The diplomacy was only successful, because there was a war. And you should know what my opinion on this war, the negotiations and the time before and afterwards was and still is. If not, you can PM or query me anytime (latter only if I'm on).

And as it is, I'd rather say that both sides pursue diplomacy which is matching and profitting them most. I see the point in this treaty, as well as the reason for Elrichs desire to hand out free CB's. Therefore, I can only congratulate the signatories, and accept Elrichs actions (I'm not congratulating for trolling).

It's easy to say it that way when you look at it in hindsight and already see the big picture.

But the fact still is that going into peace mode triggers wars. Let's say alliance D is hostile to alliance A. Someone in alliance D 'misraids' alliance A. If alliance D is apologetic and supportive, raises their arms in surrender, they settle it through diplomacy. But if alliance D suddenly moves into peace mode (especially gov!), it's seen as them lifting their guns to shoot back, and alliance A will blitz them immediately to keep everyone else out of peace mode. If you end up triggering a CB on another alliance, gov running into peace mode is almost as good as a declaration of war.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1314241198' post='2787953']
It's easy to say it that way when you look at it in hindsight and already see the big picture.

But the fact still is that going into peace mode triggers wars. Let's say alliance D is hostile to alliance A. Someone in alliance D 'misraids' alliance A. If alliance D is apologetic and supportive, raises their arms in surrender, they settle it through diplomacy. But if alliance D suddenly moves into peace mode (especially gov!), it's seen as them lifting their guns to shoot back, and alliance A will blitz them immediately to keep everyone else out of peace mode. If you end up triggering a CB on another alliance, gov running into peace mode is almost as good as a declaration of war.
[/quote]
Well, if you look at SOS and then at NsO, who of them is in the better state now? Do we really have a right to criticise NsO's policies towards SOS?

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1314247608' post='2787998']
I hate you both. I would never be caught dead signing a treaty with Invicta.

[21:45] <Nascar[Invicta]> You should go post nice things about us :P

ffff
[/quote]

What? I said roll us.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Lord Valleo' timestamp='1318819963' post='2826706']
So ummmm, howz this working for you now?

Congrats Invicta o/

:lol1:
[/quote]

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1318819993' post='2826707']
I love you.
[/quote]

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1318820067' post='2826711']
Hail the mighty Invicta, never one to leave an ally behind
[/quote]

This was downgraded. Gtfo.