The next war

Alterego

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically not until December. Something will start to happen sooner but it'll turn into a quasi-2010 and then nothing will actually happen until a couple months later when big guys get bored and do something random. And people thought this place didn't have politics anymore?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1310910257' post='2757749']
Why? Your alliance would only fold after 2 weeks anyway :P
[/quote]

Dude, come on, that dead horse has been beet, and we really should be talking about how war needs to happen more frequently so that this place can be more interesting and fun.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1310910390' post='2757750']
Dude, come on, that dead horse has been beet, and we really should be talking about how war needs to happen more frequently so that this place can be more interesting and fun.
[/quote]

I know, I know, but it was just to tempting to not use.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1310910514' post='2757752']
I know, I know, but it was just to tempting to not use.
[/quote]

Yeah I know the feeling, but wouldn't you agree having wars every six months is better than every year?

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1310910559' post='2757753']
I voted August entirely out of wishful thinking.
[/quote]

This man has the right idea.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1310910567' post='2757754']
Yeah I know the feeling, but wouldn't you agree having wars every six months is better than every year?

This man has the right idea.
[/quote]

Having one continuous war is best war.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1310895665' post='2757697']
Didn't vote, as long as your alliance is on the opposing side and [i]fighting[/i]
[/quote]
hmmm speaking from a ruined bunker talking !@#$. Almost makes me sad we didnt take the invite to slap some of you around.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1310920156' post='2757812']
hmmm speaking from a ruined bunker talking !@#$. Almost makes me sad we didnt take the invite to slap some of you around.
[/quote]

Please, spare us the bravado. You wouldn't do anything then and you won't now. Although, if you have such a hard-on for GOONs, you really should do something about it.

*edit: added the quote

Edited by SirWilliam

It seems to take a year for alliances to rebuild so the January +/- one month cycle is when the next war will take place.

December
January
February

The reason will be highly debated resulting in thousands of mind numbing posts rehashing the sins of the alliance that got declared on.

Since preemption is supposedly acceptable now, Polar should just attack TOP and get things over with. There would be no way that TOP and its allies could argue against it since they are the masters of preemption. Yet, their hypocrisy knows no bounds so they would argue that they never had any plans to roll Polar again and add it to the list of grievous sins.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1310917408' post='2757792']
With the way you people play, only when its no longer a gamble.
[/quote]

So much this!

The next war will happen when a large enough curbstomp is lined up against a weaker, smaller opponent. Timelines mean nothing, only precious infra that must be preserved at all costs.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1310910567' post='2757754']
[/quote]
Then get off your ass and do something to make it happen. Far too many of you are willing to just sit back and let others make things happen but you're still more than willing to complain when we don't do it fast enough.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1310922298' post='2757828']
Since preemption is supposedly acceptable now, Polar should just attack TOP and get things over with. There would be no way that TOP and its allies could argue against it since they are the masters of preemption. Yet, their hypocrisy knows no bounds so they would argue that they never had any plans to roll Polar again and add it to the list of grievous sins.
[/quote]
I think TOP would be more than happy for it to happen.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1310920156' post='2757812']
[/quote]

Lets take a step back and look at it this way

Me fought in a war for months on end without using peacemode to hide the entire time.

You sat and never involved himself in fear of getting trashed.

so Yea........That insult would mean much more if it came from someone other than a stat loving non war loving queef like you.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1310922449' post='2757830']
Then get off your ass and do something to make it happen. Far too many of you are willing to just sit back and let others make things happen but you're still more than willing to complain when we don't do it fast enough.

I think TOP would be more than happy for it to happen.
[/quote]
Getting off ass response...analyze the major wars that have been fought. Essentially most alliances are neutral and only join wars by treaty obligations and bail after a short time so that it can be said that they honored the treaty and spilled blood for their allies. Merging into GPA might be a better choice for them.

I am sure TOP would be happy about it, but getting preempted by Polar would still leave the BiPolar war check uncashed. I feel the result of a Polar preemption or an actual TOP declaration on Polar would yield the same results at this point. Preemption would make it simple for treaty activations to ripple across the pond and get TOP all the allies it needs for the war. TOP declaring would take a bit more manipulation of treaty activations but your side is very savvy at getting those done. It should be fun.