The next war

Alterego

366 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1310922158' post='2757827']
Please, spare us the bravado. You wouldn't do anything then and you won't now. Although, if you have such a hard-on for GOONs, you really should do something about it.

*edit: added the quote[/quote]

Says the man speaking with the full authority of the treaties his alliance holds that ensure that it would currently be a suicide charge. Do we really need to go round and round with this or can we cut straight to the "NO U". :rolleyes:

Besides, who wants to fight someone holding a calculator figuring up damages as he goes in case he wins. It'd be like having a shootout with IRS agents. Sure I'd feel better and better with each empty clip, but bullets wouldn't penetrate the slime coat very effectively.

I don't know when, but we'll probably see most of the alliances who might end up getting rolled, try to avoid the war only to get rolled afterward. With NSO, NPO and NpO all not allied anymore, it will be interesting to see which ends up on the losing side of the next war and if the others will be able to stay out or end up getting attacked for not jumping into the war to defend each other.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311089764' post='2759247']
Besides, who wants to fight someone holding a calculator figuring up damages as he goes in case he wins.
[/quote]
Jokes on you, I never used a calculator, I just eyeballed it. (Moreover the "damages" weren't what the reps were based on, but the ability to pay)

OOC: As an accountant I am offended by your metaphor.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1311094662' post='2759294']
Jokes on you, I never used a calculator, I just eyeballed it. (Moreover the "damages" weren't what the reps were based on, but the ability to pay)

OOC: As an accountant I am offended by your metaphor.[/quote]

If you can't figure out you look like money grubbing, pathetic !@#$%^&* either way, I can't help you.

[i]OOC: The only other accountant I knew who played this game shunned reparations and only wanted a good fight. He counted dimes enough in real life.[/i]

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311095414' post='2759306']
If you can't figure out you look like money grubbing, pathetic !@#$%^&* either way, I can't help you.

[i]OOC: The only other accountant I knew who played this game shunned reparations and only wanted a good fight. He counted dimes enough in real life.[/i]
[/quote]

Were you not going to shut your trap when we never fell below 100 members on July the 1st? It was you that made that stupid idiotic comment was it not?

What will we do now? Chairmanhal can't help us, the tragedy.

Funnily enough when you post I instantly think slimy scum bag who is too wordy.

I only pray one day you're on the end of Sardonics accountancy skills.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1311099538' post='2759357']
Were you not going to shut your trap when we never fell below 100 members on July the 1st? It was you that made that stupid idiotic comment was it not?

What will we do now? Chairmanhal can't help us, the tragedy.

Funnily enough when you post I instantly think slimy scum bag who is too wordy.

I only pray one day you're on the end of Sardonics accountancy skills.[/quote]

Funny enough, your guy wouldn't take the bet. Too bad I guess. :lol1:

But hey, I'd ask you to come party instead of just talk, but your bank called, you can't write checks for that large an amount. Go back to the kiddie table.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311101401' post='2759371']
Funny enough, your guy wouldn't take the bet. Too bad I guess. :lol1:

But hey, I'd ask you to come party instead of just talk, but your bank called, you can't write checks for that large an amount. Go back to the kiddie table.
[/quote]

We came to the party had a brilliant time, while your crud alliance cowered away :awesome: And don't offend our banks (Legion and co) they are a valued commodity.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1311101958' post='2759379']
We came to the party had a brilliant time, while your crud alliance cowered away :awesome: And don't offend our banks (Legion and co) they are a valued commodity.
[/quote]
Ah yes, we sat out one war for very good reasons....how many has GOONS missed for whatever reasons you care to throw out? That's right MORE...

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1311101958' post='2759379']
We came to the party had a brilliant time, while your crud alliance cowered away :awesome: And don't offend our banks (Legion and co) they are a valued commodity.[/quote]

Your alliance, indeed your entire side of that war, complained [i][b]bitterly[/b][/i] through out it about what a miserable time they were having because the other side wouldn't present themselves as targets. They were so bitter, they made forcing some people in NPO to come out and present themselves as targets part of the "peace" treaty. Had we joined in, we would have spent the better part of it sitting on our hands or like Umbrella, dealing with sending aid out to you to keep you in the war.

Yeah...PAAARRRRTTTYYY!!!!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311103217' post='2759393']
Your alliance, indeed your entire side of that war, complained [i][b]bitterly[/b][/i] through out it about what a miserable time they were having because the other side wouldn't present themselves as targets. They were so bitter, they made forcing some people in NPO to come out and present themselves as targets part of the "peace" treaty. Had we joined in, we would have spent the better part of it sitting on our hands or like Umbrella, dealing with sending aid out to you to keep you in the war.

Yeah...PAAARRRRTTTYYY!!!!! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

WE had a brilliant time because the end result was what counted. Yadda yadda we sat out the war yadda yadda your allies aided you? And? that amounts to a great NO U!

Why would you have spent the better part of it on your hands? Would you have pulled a Legion?

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1311104566' post='2759406']
How long again til the NPO/DH forced treaty ends?
[/quote]

Take the date the war ended, then add on 6 months = the time it ends, yeeeeey simplicity.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1311089764' post='2759247']
Says the man speaking with the full authority of the treaties his alliance holds that ensure that it would currently be a suicide charge. Do we really need to go round and round with this or can we cut straight to the "NO U". :rolleyes:

Besides, who wants to fight someone holding a calculator figuring up damages as he goes in case he wins. It'd be like having a shootout with IRS agents. Sure I'd feel better and better with each empty clip, but bullets wouldn't penetrate the slime coat very effectively.
[/quote]

I have no idea what you're talking about with the last part of that tirade but you don't seem to really know me or how I operate. :facepalm:

I think the message is lost in the similes and trite witticism you attempt to shove down our throats.

Edited by SirWilliam

At this point all of the major players have been around long enough not to do something stupid (or at least the vast majority of them aren't that stupid). We're all just waiting for a screw up that won't happen, because whoever gives a legit CB to the other side opens the door for fringe alliances to claim disgust and join the other coalition in some random out-side support role on an equally random alliance. So, to avoid losing those fringe assets, neither side is making any aggressive plays that could be twisted into an excuse for said fringe assets to back the enemy. The result of that is, quite frankly, nothing.

If we all want this war to start any time soon, it's going to take one of the power players pulling a Doomhouse and hitting their enemy just because "They're a !@#$%* and we don't like them". Beyond that, it just aint gonna happen.

fake edit: It could happen if some nooby protectorate screws with a different nooby protectorate, but that is pretty unlikely after the SOS thing made everyone keep their side kicks on tighter leashes. Doesn't mean I can't hope though.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311129064' post='2759577']
At this point all of the major players have been around long enough not to do something stupid (or at least the vast majority of them aren't that stupid). We're all just waiting for a screw up that won't happen, because whoever gives a legit CB to the other side opens the door for fringe alliances to claim disgust and join the other coalition in some random out-side support role on an equally random alliance. So, to avoid losing those fringe assets, neither side is making any aggressive plays that could be twisted into an excuse for said fringe assets to back the enemy. The result of that is, quite frankly, nothing.

If we all want this war to start any time soon, it's going to take one of the power players pulling a Doomhouse and hitting their enemy just because "They're a !@#$%* and we don't like them". Beyond that, it just aint gonna happen.

fake edit: It could happen if some nooby protectorate screws with a different nooby protectorate, but that is pretty unlikely after the SOS thing made everyone keep their side kicks on tighter leashes. Doesn't mean I can't hope though.
[/quote]
As much as it pains me to agree with Hyperion, he's right. People have gotten too good at not !@#$@#$ up, so CB's don't fall into your lap anymore like candy. Hopefully though, we're entering the era of CB-less wars.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1311129064' post='2759577']

[/quote]
As we saw with the war on NpO, then the war on NPO, someone who thinks they can win starting a war just for the sake of starting one is bound to happen eventually. Hopefully the alliances that are potential targets for DH later on aren't stupid enough to wait around with no real preparation and stand back as all the others DH decides to roll get taken out one by one until their turn comes. SF, NpO, NPO, NSO, Legion and the majority of the alliances on purple should realize their turn will come eventually if they don't put up a united front to oppose the current hegemony.

Edited by Methrage