Advice to Legion

Hymenbreach

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1310051660' post='2751365']
And when they do come to irc, it's okay to be a total ass to them? :blink:
[/quote]

In telling them I was upset that for 3 days they weren't around, yes. Should I have thanked them? Are you speaking from a position of first hand knowledge or are you getting ready to show me there has been stronger communication with Polar than with Pacifica? If that is the case let me know now so my time isn't wasted.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310045459' post='2751333']
Also, as much as it bothers me to say this, you have some strong and good advice in this thread. You can ignore us, come to us or break from us. Just make a decision, somewhere. I am pretty tired of this nonsense.
[/quote]
Stop bringing logic and reasoning in this thread, Brehon!

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1310051792' post='2751367']
Shut up Brehon, you're Legion's puppetmasters and goshdarnit you're gonna like it!
[/quote]

If we were puppetmasters to Legion this never would have happened or Legion would have let NSO know we would declare if there wasn't an immediate diplomatic resolution to accepting the spying information.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1309909375' post='2749790']
This isn't about the NPO this is about how Legion accusing our gov member of spying with no evidence.
[/quote]
I wouldn't put it past you. You've spied on us and denied it. Hell, you've poached our members and denied it. All you ever do is deny deny deny and when you finally get caught doing something you either get away with it because we all have bigger problems to deal with than a little pissant like you or you get lucky enough to piss off the only alliance who will let you do anything to do them - Legion.

I have no doubts that you spied on Legion, and quite frankly I don't give a damn if there isn't any proof.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310057926' post='2751430']
I wouldn't put it past you. You've spied on us and denied it. Hell, you've poached our members and denied it. All you ever do is deny deny deny and when you finally get caught doing something you either get away with it because we all have bigger problems to deal with than a little pissant like you or you get lucky enough to piss off the only alliance who will let you do anything to do them - Legion.

I have no doubts that you spied on Legion, and quite frankly I don't give a damn if there isn't any proof.
[/quote]

Would it be a stretch to say that our actions are [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V95eGgZbrU"]barbaric[/url]?

No but seriously why would we spy on Sparta? It doesn't take acts of espionage to find out that your alliance sucks and is irredeemably worthless.

Edited by Corinan

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1310057733' post='2751426']
Different order, same misapprehension.
Perhaps joining NSO at some stage will develop your cognitive capacity.
[/quote]

100% prsonal attacks; 0% arguments, ftw eh?

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1310057926' post='2751430']

[/quote]
What in the hell are you blathering on about now?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1310020249' post='2751224']
Sorry, but shouldn't you be focused on protecting your own nation's borders from sabotage and intelligence gathering moreso than pointing out the flaws in other alliances? The Defender of Legion told me you were the easiest person he's spied on yet.
[/quote]
Defender of the Legion should be aware that this is my 3rd nation and with this puny poor nation i burnt his cohorts' 1000+ year nations with ease.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310056816' post='2751407']
In telling them I was upset that for 3 days they weren't around, yes. Should I have thanked them? Are you speaking from a position of first hand knowledge or are you getting ready to show me there has been stronger communication with Polar than with Pacifica? If that is the case let me know now so my time isn't wasted.
[/quote]

Indeed, we have kept up communication with Legion since this issue began, and certainly before when you say you began talking to Legion. I've not had much of a problem finding at least one member of Legion government to talk to. While it is true that they can be gone at inopportune times, most of the time when I need a member of their government, one is available. Their activity could be better, sure, but frankly it's not nearly as bad as you suggest.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1310070287' post='2751589']
Indeed, we have kept up communication with Legion since this issue began, and certainly before when you say you began talking to Legion. I've not had much of a problem finding at least one member of Legion government to talk to. While it is true that they can be gone at inopportune times, most of the time when I need a member of their government, one is available. Their activity could be better, sure, but frankly it's not nearly as bad as you suggest.
[/quote]

I am on IRC far more than I should be and when I say I was looking for them for 72 hours, I was looking for them for 72 hours. Perhaps they choose who to talk to, because I was there and they were not.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1310072706' post='2751632']
I am on IRC far more than I should be and when I say I was looking for them for 72 hours, I was looking for them for 72 hours. Perhaps they choose who to talk to, because I was there and they were not.
[/quote]

Come to MK, we'll talk to you.

My advice to Legion is elect me Viceroy of your alliance, I'll ensure that you manage to get on the right track FA wise, and increase your war preparedness, I was Viceroy of TGE and disbanded them, and was Viceroy of Blitzkrieg and removed their nazis, I also was going to be GPA's Viceroy, but we decided against giving them harsh terms, and was going to be NoV's Viceroy but they disbanded too.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1310083266' post='2751768']
My advice to Legion is elect me Viceroy of your alliance, I'll ensure that you manage to get on the right track FA wise, and increase your war preparedness.
[/quote]
I endorse. :wub:

My advice to Legion is elect me Viceroy of your alliance, I'll ensure that you manage to get on the right track FA wise, and increase your war preparedness.
[/quote]

I support this 100,000,000%.

[/quote]
Id vote for you

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1310083494' post='2751774']
What do you know about either?
[/quote]
TPF being in Q and being well entrenched in the Hegemony would be a good example of my FA work, as well as joining NPO to assist them in war preparation (which they ignored) 4 months before Karma, since my intelligence sources were unrivaled at the time, the writing on the wall was pretty clear, and my war preparedness was unmatched in my original incarnation, obviously not so much currently, since my disappearance from the world for 20 months.

Edited by Mogar

My advice to Legion is elect me Viceroy of your alliance, I'll ensure that you manage to get on the right track FA wise, and increase your war preparedness, I was Viceroy of TGE and disbanded them, and was Viceroy of Blitzkrieg and removed their nazis, I also was going to be GPA's Viceroy, but we decided against giving them harsh terms, and was going to be NoV's Viceroy but they disbanded too.
[/quote]

O/ Mogar, I support yah :)

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1310083813' post='2751782']
TPF being in Q and being well entrenched in the Hegemony would be a good example of my FA work... since my intelligence sources were unrivaled at the time, the writing on the wall was pretty clear...
[/quote]

Yeah you're an FA genius.

[quote name='Mathias' timestamp='1310085852' post='2751808']
Yeah you're an FA genius.
[/quote]
I flat out told them they would get rolled 4 months before Karma, they were too arrogant to realize what they had brought upon themselves up until the VE negotiations, anyone with half a brain knows you can never trust your position in the cyberverse, the tides can turn against you very quickly depending on your actions.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='LeonidasRexII' timestamp='1309921079' post='2749958']
Thank you for the advice and thoughtful words HB. I don't know if the Legion government will take your advice or not, but I will not support a move to separate from NPO at this time. You've, very eloquently, pointed out that The Legion wouldn't be faulted if we did part ways with the Big Red One; after all we've suffered a viceroy under their hand, and continue to be criticized just for being associated to them. But, since Karma, what have they done to anyone that would warrant us parting ways with them? They took their punishment during Karma and paid the reps that were agreed to afterward. Reps that lasted many months as I recall. They fully paid their debt for Karma and since then have kept relatively quiet. During the entirety of our current treaty they've maintained comms with us and supported us on several fronts both economic and militaristic. So what grounds do we have for turning our backs on them? Others said so, or should we go with that it's just too hard to be their allies?

NPO paid their debt, period; we shouldn't abandon them just because it's the in thing to do. You said that the road to recovery will cost us dear, but the road we've been on hasn't exactly been kind, but we've stuck by our allies regardless. That should count for something don't you think?
[/quote]

So Hymen cool post and all, but no. <--- You Could have posted that

Legion needs to earn respect not cancel on their allies and try to switch sides, if they did that we'd make fun of them even more

[quote name='Matthew The Great' timestamp='1310089455' post='2751861']
So Hymen cool post and all, but no. <--- You Could have posted that

Legion needs to earn respect not cancel on their allies and try to switch sides, if they did that we'd make fun of them even more
[/quote]
You guys didn't seem to mind ODN doing the same thing...

[quote name='Matthew The Great' timestamp='1310091089' post='2751900']
Except ODN was/is a competent alliance
[/quote]
I'll completely agree they were/are competent, just cowardly GW2 until the Polar war.