How unified are the four blocs?

346 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RoK already clearly opposed the other blocs by coming the assistance of NpO, as the rest were all working to destroy NpO or NPO. That the rest of SF ended up deciding to assist DH/PB rather than throw full support behind RoK who fought for the other side doesn't change that the unity has already shown to be broken enough to cause war within the blocs. Unless Super Friends decide to continue to fight against other SF members, eventually they'll fight the other blocs as single entity, rather than one or more of them acting by themselves.

Edit: Seems RoK left SF and I either missed or forgot about it. Still if SF stays around as a bloc and all of them fight on the same side in the next major war, I think they'll end up in a conflict with other blocs.

Edited by Methrage

Over the last 2 years everything has been done to stop that group now with DH alliances splitting. GOONs said above they dont want to see any war within that group. I dont bame them. There are lots of alliances waiting in the wings to hit GOONs and their like minded friends with super reps, banning gov members etc. I cant see a split coming any time soon because the PB/DH alliances will de decimated if the world falls on the XX side which is highly likely if a break happens. PB/DH will not allow this split to happen out of self preservation. Saying that if there is to be a split PB/DH will be on one side and XX/SF on the other. If that happens I hope C&G and DR do the right thing and end the domination of MK/Goons & co.

tldr?
The split wont be allowed happen by MK/GOONs/VE

If a split happens PB/DH are toast. XX/SF/DR/(C&G?) will crush them for their crimes in the last 2 years.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1307874865' post='2729761']
Over the last 2 years everything has been done to stop that group now with DH alliances splitting. GOONs said above they dont want to see any war within that group. I dont bame them. There are lots of alliances waiting in the wings to hit GOONs and their like minded friends with super reps, banning gov members etc. I cant see a split coming any time soon because the PB/DH alliances will de decimated if the world falls on the XX side which is highly likely if a break happens. PB/DH will not allow this split to happen out of self preservation. Saying that if there is to be a split PB/DH will be on one side and XX/SF on the other. If that happens I hope C&G and DR do the right thing and end the domination of MK/Goons & co.

tldr?
The split wont be allowed happen by MK/GOONs/VE

If a split happens PB/DH are toast. XX/SF/DR/(C&G?) will crush them for their crimes in the last 2 years.
[/quote]

I am already feverishly plotting the downfall of MK. I even moved the princess to yet ANOTHER castle.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1307851092' post='2729573']
Oh god I sure as hell hope it doesn't take that long.
[/quote]
Karma was what...Juneish and lasted until August?

TOP-CnG was...Jan or Feb and lasted until March?

Our past war was late Jan early Feb

We could go all the way back to the GW era and youll see they are maybe 3 months apart, so they are getting further and further apart...so yeah..this time next year :D

I probably butchered all them dates :awesome:

They're tied for sure, but I don't see them being nearly tight enough to be labeled a cohesive entity.

I voted 40-50%. I could easily see CnG and SF winding up on opposite sides. Looks like the only tie between them is an ODP between RnR and Int. It's mainly a question of where the other two blocs go. Either way it's clear that some ties need to go (and it's likely some will before the next big showdown) CnG+PB vs. SF+XX would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure it'll be as clean and tidy as that.

But then it's also possible that we all just roll the Orders again.

Edited by LegendoftheSkies

[quote name='Facade' timestamp='1307887596' post='2729810']
The lack of Synergy in this figure disturbs me.
[/quote]

Havent synergy just ended as a bloc?

I think the OP is talking hypothethically what are the relationships between the four cited blocs, but they are not saying that they are the only big players of the game.

Duckroll is a big player as well and if you add them Aztec+Nordreich you would have a formidable force.

Edited by King Louis the II

Just here to point out that GOD and VE have a MADP. Also, every SF alliance (sans RIA) has an MDoAP+ with a PB Alliance. MK connects PB to CnG. SF connects PB to XX. That would be a lot of cancellations. MK would have to cancel about half of their treaties, and every SF member would have to cancel a treaty (RIA still has an ODP with us).

In any major conflict, I'm pretty positive that there would be some sort of split between all four of them. 3v1, 2v2, etc. However, to know what the split would be is damn near impossible because it would mostly depend on the other factors of said war.

Either way, I don't think they're nearly as unified as they seem, especially since it's usually only 1-3 inter-bloc alliances that are tying them all together. You could still have a FFA bloc war that would result in certain alliances merely avoiding conflict with those they have said treaties with.

That's some pretty heavy !@#$ you're suggesting there, buddy.

It wasn't thought of as a bloc, it does not function like a bloc and none of the signatories view it as a bloc. But honestly, it doesn't really matter that much if you choose to be silly about it.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1307892962' post='2729845']
That's some pretty heavy !@#$ you're suggesting there, buddy.

It wasn't thought of as a bloc, it does not function like a bloc and none of the signatories view it as a bloc. But honestly, it doesn't really matter that much if you choose to be silly about it.
[/quote]
Not as silly as a duck that insists it's a chicken because it can't fly. That's not a chicken, it's just a lame duck.

Whether doomhouse is a bloc OR not to me is a pointless discussion. They are 3 alliences that have strong ties which each other. Because, Goons and Umbrella are on Pandora , the combination of PB/DH are a de facto a sphere of influence.

Edited by King Louis the II

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1307893554' post='2729855']
Not as silly as a duck that insists it's a chicken because it can't fly. That's not a chicken, it's just a lame duck.
[/quote]
Maybe it is a chicken trapped in a duck's body. Who are you to judge!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1307893554' post='2729855']
[/quote]

I like to think of it as a goose insisting that a chicken is a duck because it has feathers.

[quote name='Shadow Slayer' timestamp='1307891446' post='2729839']
I still can't decide if they're trolling us when they say "Doomhouse isn't a bloc" or not.
[/quote]
lol, I think they assume all who play CN are dumb, so people will believe anything they say as if it were a fact regardless of truth. Which is why they call themselves Dumb House to try blending in more, or they call themselves Dumb House to properly represent what they know to be a large portion of their membership. Either way if any of them are repeating that line and believe it themselves, I would almost feel sorry them having the special needs they have. Still strange that more than one person from DH thinks a false statement like that is worth repeating. It would be like saying "My nation doesn't exist", but you still have it so they see you're lying if they bother to verify what you're saying.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1307851092' post='2729573']
Oh god I sure as hell hope it doesn't take that long.
[/quote]
It will.

Almost every alliance that has started a war since the time of Karma has been screamed and yelled at by the community at large for being aggressive. If you take out the alliances that are considered aggressive (TOP/MK/GOONS/NpO/VE ectt..) then all you are left with is alliances who are simply happy with existing. Those alliances have no political ambition and more importantly no set of balls. Unless the alliances that I've mentioned do anything then prepare for a long and boring summer/fall.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1307894368' post='2729867']
It will.

Almost every alliance that has started a war since the time of Karma has been screamed and yelled at by the community at large for being aggressive. If you take out the alliances that are considered aggressive (TOP/MK/GOONS/NpO/VE ectt..) then all you are left with is alliances who are simply happy with existing. Those alliances have no political ambition and more importantly no set of balls. Unless the alliances that I've mentioned do anything then prepare for a long and boring summer/fall.
[/quote]
Even before Karma War people would complain about every war, NPO partially got rolled there and had to pay the reps they paid because a large enough portion of CN was angry NPO didn't listen to their complaints in all the wars NPO won before that. Wars will still come from people doing stupid things, but maybe its TOP's turn to start a war and show people how to do it right. When you're joining in on a war started by another alliance its not the same. :P

They can be as unified as convenience require them to be, that's for sure.

I only hope that we will not end up not spending a boring year, to have them then preemptively stomping NPO again.. future threats, etc.

Edited by Emphix