How unified are the four blocs?

346 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1307781746' post='2729108']
No and 0-10. I really don't think CnG/SF will be on the same side during the next war.
[/quote]
It wouldn't completely surprise me, but I tend to agree with this man.

Otherwise... I don't see anyone siding against Fark, err, I mean XX.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1308159614' post='2731916']
No and 0-10%...gotta love that, the MKers and such already came in and skewed the poll.

I would bet/pay 1000 tech that it's Yes and 90-100%. That RIA guy has already shown to everyone that we are still feared. We are defeated and still feared. We have few treaties and still feared. We sit quiet and our silence causes fear.
[/quote]
Excluding maybe Balkan Banania FnKa Academy instills more fear in me than you guys.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1308222796' post='2732351']
Yes, that's it. Fear. I'm scared !@#$less.

NPO should cut with the isolationist nonsense and build themselves a proper side. Far from being scared, we'd love it if you gave us a run for our money.
[/quote]

This was one of my many hopes with the last war...that this fire we lit under their asses would potentially galvanize them into actually doing things again.

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1308258560' post='2732627']
This was one of my many hopes with the last war...that this fire we lit under their asses would potentially galvanize them into actually doing things again.
[/quote]

See the IAA cancellation thread for what happens still when they try and do anything FA wise.

PB/DH etc speak out of both sides of their mouths. They claim they want Pacifica to not isolate themselves on one hand yet heap praise upon anyone who isolates them on the other.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308267864' post='2732703']
See the IAA cancellation thread for what happens still when they try and do anything FA wise.[/quote]

dude, get out of my brain

(not digging at IAA here, just saying that's how a lot of ppl feel about pacifica.)

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1308222796' post='2732351']
Yes, that's it. Fear. I'm scared !@#$less.

NPO should cut with the isolationist nonsense and build themselves a proper side. Far from being scared, we'd love it if you gave us a run for our money.
[/quote]
Tell me something, if we did would you run and cry "omg ebil NPO, waaaaahhhhh they can't do that" like you always do?

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1308258560' post='2732627']
[/quote]

Same to you, except the only thing I don't understand about your statement is that your alliance and the rest of derphouse went (and still is) in the opposite direction of what you said.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308267864' post='2732703']
See the IAA cancellation thread for what happens still when they try and do anything FA wise.

PB/DH etc speak out of both sides of their mouths. They claim they want Pacifica to not isolate themselves on one hand yet heap praise upon anyone who isolates them on the other.
[/quote]

Well, there are alliances who are key to FA policy and there are alliances who float around those. Approaching alliances who float without approaching key alliances will only result on both being kicked out of the circle. TIO, with all due respect, were and are a waste of time if NPO wants to build a "side" or simply get out of the isolated position.

The IAA situation is not as much of a plot against NPO as it is the mark of a terrible job FA-wise.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1307901684' post='2729934']
So SF/XX/DR vs PB/DH/CnG it is then? Sounds like a good match-up. I personally think it's a toss up between that, and another beat down on the Orders. They're still big enough to have some fun with, amiright?

I think the 'new hegemony' is notably more decentralized, and that is an important difference.
[/quote]

As fun as that war would be, the very idea of fighting on the same side as Valhalla is hilariously implausible.

What Banksy said about powers and blocs is correct. XX basically already existed before the formal announcement was posted, and as such aren't a power pole. Same with DH to an extent. PB did not, nor did CnG, which is a one of the reasons why they became power poles when they did. Another is both statistical and FA significance. Umbrella, MK, and VE are all relevant on the world stage because of their counts of NS/tech, etc, and their treaties. MHA, despite their place as number one in terms of score is not as significant because they simply don't sign many treaties or perform as much FA maneuvering say, NpO.

To answer the poll, no. Will we fight on the same side? I dunno that one. PB remains a certain point that everyone in the other blocs is unified to.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1308301032' post='2733000']MHA, despite their place as number one in terms of score is not as significant FA-wise because they simply don't sign many treaties or perfom as much FA manuevering FA-wise as say, NpO.[/quote]

That was low.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1308303680' post='2733006']
That was low.
[/quote]
To clarify:I meant what i said in terms of NpO goes out and signs treaties, rather than MHA, who doesn't. Not as a stab toward MHA and NpO in their FA movements.

edit:Also holy crap at the how i phrased that.

Edited by Emperor Whimsical

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1308304281' post='2733007']
To clarify:I meant what i said in terms of NpO goes out and signs treaties, rather than MHA, who doesn't. Not as a stab toward MHA and NpO in their FA movements.
[/quote]

I was just messing :)

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1308304281' post='2733007']

edit:Also holy crap at the how i phrased that.
[/quote]

Of course I'm sure in many people's minds, they'd rather have no allies than Legion as an ally. :P

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308343353' post='2733216']
Of course I'm sure in many people's minds, they'd rather have no allies than Legion as an ally. :P
[/quote]

We love you too.

Are all four bloc connected? Yes.
Are they one super bloc? No.
Will they all fight as one? As with most things, that depends on the situation.

To say all of these blocs are 100% unified is stupid. They aren't. Are they somewhat connected? Yes. I am unsure if they will stay unified next war, but it isn't out of the question. If a war were to break out today it'd probably be the same cluster$%&@ as the last war except the DH/PB/SF/CnG/TOP/XX side would be even stronger and the other side even weaker. Most alliances in the current power structure has a negative opinion of NPO. Most allainces in the current power structure also have a negative opinion of NpO. Because NPO/NpO are thought of as the leaders of the the other side, this common dislike for each Order help unify the power structure. We'll see.

They might not be 100% unified, but there is so much overlap that for all intents and purposes they are unified and it shows up in the fact that they are closing in on 3 straight years of rolling together in every major war. Some members might hold animosity towards each other, but as has been confirmed, high GOV in these alliances actively work with each other to become even more unified in the face of the ongoing Pacifican menace.

The new Viking bloc seems to be set up perfectly to make sure it remains completely neutral in the next big war as Duckroll was in the past war except for ML, who actually honored their treaty with us. That is unless they too feel the need to attempt to take down the looming Pacifican threat and start a war themselves.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308461830' post='2734495']
They might not be 100% unified, but there is so much overlap that for all intents and purposes they are unified and it shows up in the fact that they are closing in on 3 straight years of rolling together in every major war. Some members might hold animosity towards each other, but as has been confirmed, high GOV in these alliances actively work with each other to become even more unified in the face of the ongoing Pacifican menace.

The new Viking bloc seems to be set up perfectly to make sure it remains completely neutral in the next big war as Duckroll was in the past war except for ML, who actually honored their treaty with us. That is unless they too feel the need to attempt to take down the looming Pacifican threat and start a war themselves.
[/quote]

As much fun as it would be to 'take down the looming pacifician threat', we more then likely have other plans that weekend. Doing our hair, laundry, drinking, rolling someone else, you know the "honey do's"... :blush:

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308461830' post='2734495']

[/quote]

You'd be surprised at how boring "protecting the world from Pacifica" has been. I'm sure the big boys will be moving onto something new here soon. I mean come on they already had to invent an enemy in Polar so that they could get a little bit more joy out of what they do.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308465750' post='2734556']
You'd be surprised at how boring "protecting the world from Pacifica" has been. I'm sure the big boys will be moving onto something new here soon. I mean come on they already had to invent an enemy in Polar so that they could get a little bit more joy out of what they do.
[/quote]
Ah yes, "invent"

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308466821' post='2734564']
Considering their reputation was destroyed so that you could both take out a mutual enemy.... yea I'd say invent.
[/quote]
Stop me if i'm heading up the wrong direction, but are you saying we orchestrated bipolar to set-up the VE-NpO conflict?

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308465750' post='2734556']
[/quote]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1308466821' post='2734564']
Considering their reputation was destroyed so that you could both take out a mutual enemy.... yea I'd say invent.
[/quote]

Omni I like you a lot but these posts are bluntly wrong. Polar burned their own reputation by doing stupid things. It's a result of Grub's incompetent leadership and ego, not some grand scheme to have them destroyed. If Polar hadn't $%&@ed up on such a monumental scale in BiPolar, they'd probably be the influential and well liked alliance they were prior to that war (although tbf Grub went on an ego trip a few other times as well.. his threats to attack Athens while being MDoAPed to MK come to mind, but their reputation was so strong and they had so much political capital that even then they weren't destined to be isolated and attacked like they are now.) Polar managed to thoroughly piss off MK (and everyone else for that matter) and they were attacked a few months later because everyone came to dislike them so much. I mean, when even an alliance as close to them as NV cancels on them, you know they've really screwed up.