This Week in the Network

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we knew this, right?

This is like the Matlock of an otherwise A-Team "TWi-".

Your audience doesn't really want to read about how you plan on battling and discrediting your terms for the next week so much as we want to see the heads of the new hegemony roll in vibrant color. Not GOONS though. We're cool.

Only read the first page, but a few thoughts...
-MHA goes around asking for Q&As? I thought most alliances just signed up a diplomat on peoples' forums and started a thread saying "how are you guys doing, and if you have anything to ask us, go nuts."
-Holy !@#$ Schatt, a haiku takes no effort. It isn't a play.

EDIT:

Fresh, ripe citrus spheres
Encased within cellulose
Tempting to the tongue

...I just did your lulz term in under a minute. It's not the greatest but it'd probably do.

Edited by Max Power

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1303226088' post='2693584']
Fresh, ripe citrus spheres
Encased within cellulose
Tempting to the tongue
[/quote]

This is really quite good. I salute you, sir. I fear Herr Doktor Schattenmann would not be able to produce something of similar quality, although he might have surprised us. Instead, he has unsurprised* us.

*Inventing words should only be undertaken by a skilled technician under carefully controlled conditions. Please do not attempt this at home without adequate supervision.

My favorite part -

[quote]<Paulus_magintie> [i][size="3"]can i ask[/size][/i]
<Paulus_magintie> [i][size="3"]which alliance are you from[/size][/i]
<Yawoo> [i][size="3"]Cult of Justitia[/size][/i]
<Yawoo> [size="1"]And knowing this, you will continue to arm the Orange Defense Network with technology?[/size]
<Paulus_magintie> [i][size="3"]never heard of you[/size][/i][/quote]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303222409' post='2693559']
The funniest part about this, without knowing the specifics, is that the odds are he left to fight for whatever losing side the Optional Defense Network was bailing on in that particular war.

[size="1"](OOC: I promised myself I'd never log in from public computers, but man, I just couldn't let that one go.)[/size]
[/quote]

The great thing is, you're absolutely correct, Hero. WalkerNinja, as per usual, leaves out the majority of the facts such as how I (and my associates) offered to stay for the duration of the war but were "strongly urged to leave" (either leave or we'll try to kick you out) of the alliance instead. Or the fact that the Secretary General who did this later apologized to me for his treatment of my associates and I.

[quote name='WalkerNinja' timestamp='1303215844' post='2693523']
Yawoo knows all about how silly the ODN Senate can be, having once been a Senator that fled the ODN on the eve of war to be embraced by their adversaries.
[/quote]
Would this claim be more or less accurate than the claim that GATO was plotting to attack NpO, and tried to get ODN's support?

Your credibility is ... not so good.

[quote name='joracy' timestamp='1303200378' post='2693461']
They've been quite clear on their intention to hit them. I was quite happy when it didn't actually occur, but there is a whole other thread full of bravado from Schatt and HoT that basically became entirely about attacking TFE, as well as many other queries etc. There was an intention at one point to attack TFE, that can be a threat, a warning, or whatever you want to call it. It most certainly however occurred.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm not going to lie, I like Schatt, I like him a lot, but I'm no blind groupie. I can concede that he can be obnoxious at times and a bit stubborn (I mean, it's only a haiku), but I'm not going to jump on your wagon either. CoJ never threatened TFE. If you consider what they said to be threats, well, you clearly have no idea what threats are. You're being ridiculous.[/color]

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1303231243' post='2693650']
I always knew Pingu was ebil personified. ODN has obviously become a den of corruption and nepotism, perhaps it is about time I returned to lead a bloody revolution within ODN and initiate the mother of all purges....

:P
[/quote]
No, no! Stay away! I'm warning you! *brandishes a banana*

Very enjoyable read. I for one love how aiding an alliance during war has gone from being something where both the sender and the recipient get threatened by combatants if they do it to something that someone gets threatened for even bringing it up and asking the sending alliance to stop. Ah the joy of the post Karma world. I for one remember others being threatened by NPO for sending aid to nations that NPO was at war with and my own alliance being threatened with war by Sparta because one of our members paid out the balance of a tech deal to a nation in an alliance that Sparta was at war with. But now we have ODN asking CoJ to apologize to the Flood Empire for even suggesting that sending aid to an alliance at war was an act of war itself.

It is very nice to know that the ODN no longer considers sending aid, whether it be cash or tech, to a member of an alliance at war to be an act or war. This really opens up the tech market for me as there are a lot of small nations in alliances that are currently at war with the ODN that are ripe for tech trading. I had avoided tech dealing with these nations because I thought that ODN saw tech dealing as an act of war. This exposé has shown me that my fears were in fact unfounded and that the ODN believes that the sweet flow of commerce should not be interrupted because one of the parties happens to be at war.

I found it interesting though doesn't live up to the Pacifca issues. ODN seems rather tame and boring. I'd at least suggest some rabid infighting and/or dire struggles for power to spice up the soap opera aspects for the next issue. Perhaps a coup attempt? Since GGA's disbandment we've been sadly lacking in that form of entertainment. :(

I do find news about the dropping of the haiku requirement highly dissapointing. I like haikus and any enemy of haikus is an enemy to all that is correct and just. I strongly suggest keeping CoJ in a permanent state of war until a haiku is produced for our enjoyment.

64Digits, for our part, warned them that it was and is an act of war, and would be responded to as such. I want that to be clear.

In my logs, Paulus wanted to discuss the details of what such a response would entail, and I flatly laid out what would happen. Whether or not it's interpreted as a "threat" or as a "fair warning" is entirely a result of the angle from which one chooses to analyze the situation.

What is important, is that we (64Digits) were open, honest, and respectful with TFE, and even generous in our offers for a peaceful resolution, which we continued to actively seek for a great length of time. In other words, how diplomacy is supposed to be conducted. Also important is the fact that any action would have been 100% justified, with Paulus flatly admitting that he was actively helping ODN's war effort, no matter how much ODN tried to deny it. At no point was there any hostile intent towards TFE, we wanted a peaceful resolution.

We (64Digits) would have followed through and engaged, if it weren't for a multitude of factors and circumstance that worked against the plan. It would have been a selective engagement, with only those nations actually sending tech to ODN, in a concentrated effort to disrupt the transfers while causing minimal needless damage to TFE. Again, the plan never materialized. I do not speak for CoJ here, just 64Digits. We are entitled to defend ourselves from acts of aggression, and anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.

None of this was or would have been in any way indicative of hostility or hatred towards TFE, from 64Digits or any other involved party. It is a powerful stretch of the imagination to interpret any of it as such.

[i]I am posting this in the interests of openness and honesty, for intellectual parties to consider and discuss at their leisure. We were 100% right in our course, and none of this is an admission to the contrary, no matter how hard certain parties will inevitably attempt to twist my words.[/i]

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303232951' post='2693680']
Very enjoyable read. I for one love how aiding an alliance during war has gone from being something where both the sender and the recipient get threatened by combatants if they do it to something that someone gets threatened for even bringing it up and asking the sending alliance to stop. Ah the joy of the post Karma world. I for one remember others being threatened by NPO for sending aid to nations that NPO was at war with and my own alliance being threatened with war by Sparta because one of our members paid out the balance of a tech deal to a nation in an alliance that Sparta was at war with. But now we have ODN asking CoJ to apologize to the Flood Empire for even suggesting that sending aid to an alliance at war was an act of war itself.

It is very nice to know that the ODN no longer considers sending aid, whether it be cash or tech, to a member of an alliance at war to be an act or war. This really opens up the tech market for me as there are a lot of small nations in alliances that are currently at war with the ODN that are ripe for tech trading. I had avoided tech dealing with these nations because I thought that ODN saw tech dealing as an act of war. This exposé has shown me that my fears were in fact unfounded and that the ODN believes that the sweet flow of commerce should not be interrupted because one of the parties happens to be at war.
[/quote]

Well, I've been funding my war efforts like methrage for 30 days now. So I dont think they give much of a hoot. Especially because its been there members and allies doing "Tech Deals" with me :).

Duckz

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1303230362' post='2693633']
The great thing is, you're absolutely correct, Hero. WalkerNinja, as per usual, leaves out the majority of the facts such as how I (and my associates) offered to stay for the duration of the war but were "strongly urged to leave" (either leave or we'll try to kick you out) of the alliance instead. Or the fact that the Secretary General who did this later apologized to me for his treatment of my associates and I.
[/quote]

Oh this is cute :)

[quote name='Twizzler' timestamp='1303240542' post='2693802']
Remind me who you left to fight for? (honestly, my memory for such things is quite awful)
[/quote]
You could probably find it on your forum, my war reports with Sunstar from 2007 are still there.