• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302298029' post='2687080']
I'm being quite serious.

RIA made a terrible decision, and I don't consider them friends of the Entente anymore. It's really that simply.

My opinion and mine alone, obviously. But, yeah.

I have a special interest in this case and am especially disappointed in RIA's actions.

Yeah, I'm kind of bitter to see a decision like this come from an alliance I was the DMoFA of just a year ago, and to see a bloc that I called my home for years continue to make decisions that I find extremely questionable.

Take your 'honor' and shove it. There's nothing 'honorable' about what RIA is doing, it's just politics.

Not really. I'll speak my mind as much as I like, so long as I'm reasonable about it. Impero doesn't have a problem with that. If he did, I wouldn't be here anymore.
[/quote]

I'm sure Impero doesn't mind you being reasonable, but the root word is "reason" and your post has none. It is purely subjective, based solely on your emotions and feelings towards your ex-alliance, in a rather pompous tone (nobody cares about your personal relationship as a member of RIA and VE).

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1302311127' post='2687180']
I'm sure Impero doesn't mind you being reasonable, but the root word is "reason" and your post has none.
[/quote]

You know what I meant by 'reasonable', Hizzy.

[Quote]It is purely subjective, based solely on your emotions and feelings towards your ex-alliance, in a rather pompous tone (nobody cares about your personal relationship as a member of RIA and VE).[/quote]

Uhh, what?

Several people were asking "why I cared", so I decided to answer that question as a part of my larger response. Deal with it. There's nothing "pompous" about answering a question.

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1302311171' post='2687183']
Its hard to tell. :|
[/quote]
I generally say what I mean, but it's a common mistake :) Xiphosis is a man that understands the full breadth and depth of treaties, in my opinion. I don't like . . any of his politics that I can think of off hand, but he gets that treaties are more than huggles, their connections have ramifications, that you draw a line around your alliance and don't let it be dragged outside that border.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302313255' post='2687200']
You know what I meant by 'reasonable', Hizzy.

Uhh, what?

Several people were asking "why I cared", so I decided to answer that question as a part of my larger response. Deal with it. There's nothing "pompous" about answering a question.
[/quote]

When is VE going to put a muzzle on you? it's too damn tempting to roll you as it is with other threads but if i were RIA i'd be finding some people willing to go rogue for a bit lol

either way this thread has potential to be the next 200+ page thread

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1302316665' post='2687220']
When is VE going to put a muzzle on you? it's too damn tempting to roll you as it is with other threads but if i were RIA i'd be finding some people willing to go rogue for a bit lol
[/quote]

Then go rogue. I could use some more reps.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1302316665' post='2687220']

either way this thread has potential to be the next 200+ page thread
[/quote]

We still love Penkala in a wierd and twisted way. And deep down he loves us to.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1302293333' post='2687033']
You can bring the NPO front into the discussion but that really doesn't have much to do with PB, as the ties that connect those alliances predate PB and something similar could easily have happened without PB. [/quote]

Doomhouse is a majority Pandora's Box controled sub blok... I'm sorry but as long as this is the case its actions will be classed as part of PB history in most eye's. Just because MK tagged along does not excuse you all of what happened (and is happening...reps as punishment for hiding in peace mode for example) and more importantly the general mindset and culture that endorses such direction.

Not everyone wants to get behind this style of bold political control, instead of getting angry about the fact people are walking away I would recomend you stop to think about [u]why[/u] they may be.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1302322189' post='2687257']
Doomhouse is a majority Pandora's Box controled sub blok... I'm sorry but as long as this is the case its actions will be classed as part of PB history in most eye's. Just because MK tagged along does not excuse you all of what happened (and is happening...reps as punishment for hiding in peace mode for example) and more importantly the general mindset and culture that endorses such direction.

Not everyone wants to get behind this style of bold political control, instead of getting angry about the fact people are walking away I would recomend you stop to think about [u]why[/u] they may be.
[/quote]
What Bob meant is antipathy towards NPO in a more general sense existed before PB and would have existed regardless of PB and NPO would have likely been attacked regardless of PB existing. To act as if your alliance wasn't into "bold political control" or that it wasn't trying to get NPO with the NSO war is kind of funny though, not that I had any issue with it at the time and still don't. Just seems like an odd criticism to make overall, especially when one of your allies is fighting NPO as well.

edit: Anyway, good luck to both parties.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

To be honest, I am a little surprised at how surprised and upset the VE members in this thread are. I read somewhere in the early pages regarding the Q&A on our forums, and the only answer we got regarding, "Why would you have us fight IAA when we aren't treatied to iFOK" was "we didn't make you fight anyone. It was your choice to support them." Which is not the case. We didn't really have any personal interest in helping out iFOK, it just happened because VE wanted us to. We fulfilled our obligations and fought in your war. Not many people in our alliance agreed with your CB, but being allies we followed through on our commitment. Now the war is over and we are reviewing all of our treaties. The general membership of RIA convened and decided to downgrade our treaty to an ODP.

As a person, I like Impero, and as a group, I generally like VE, but as an alliance, we were growing apart in our ideology and a downgrade was necessary.

I am 100% sure that as an alliance we would still defend you in a defensive war, but we have zero interest in fighting wars that were started by any one of our allies.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1302323798' post='2687262']
To act as if your alliance wasn't into "bold political control" or that it wasn't trying to get NPO with the NSO war is kind of funny though, not that I had any issue with it at the time and still don't. Just seems like an odd criticism to make overall, especially when one of your allies is fighting NPO as well.
[/quote]

Try again. That war for Ragnarok had nothing to do with Pacifica, not that you would have had any issue with that. Get your facts together when you discuss my alliance. I expect more from you.

This thread has been more entertaining that I expected. Great posts from VE!! :D

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1302326081' post='2687274']
To be honest, I am a little surprised at how surprised and upset the VE members in this thread are. I read somewhere in the early pages regarding the Q&A on our forums, and the only answer we got regarding, "Why would you have us fight IAA when we aren't treatied to iFOK" was "we didn't make you fight anyone. It was your choice to support them." Which is not the case. We didn't really have any personal interest in helping out iFOK, it just happened because VE wanted us to. We fulfilled our obligations and fought in your war. Not many people in our alliance agreed with your CB, but being allies we followed through on our commitment. Now the war is over and we are reviewing all of our treaties. The general membership of RIA convened and decided to downgrade our treaty to an ODP.

As a person, I like Impero, and as a group, I generally like VE, but as an alliance, we were growing apart in our ideology and a downgrade was necessary.

I am 100% sure that as an alliance we would still defend you in a defensive war, but we have zero interest in fighting wars that were started by any one of our allies.
[/quote]

oh man, this is eerily similar to somewhere else. But in that case, nothing has yet to happen ;)

Edited by Emphix

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1302328443' post='2687285']
Try again. That war for Ragnarok had nothing to do with Pacifica, not that you would have had any issue with that. Get your facts together when you discuss my alliance. I expect more from you.
[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"]You can say that all you want. It's no more valid than anything he says about his own alliance's motivations, but you can say it all you want.[/font]

[quote name='Opensource' timestamp='1302326081' post='2687274']
[/quote]

So that's why we fought in $6M. It totally makes sense now.