[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1302255090' post='2686671']
Acquire SOS Brigade, disregard VE.

I can't say I'm sad about this seeing all the things RIA pulled lately.
[/quote]

I'm glad to see our assistance in fighting IAA is appreciated by iFOK.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treaty cancellations from the Hegemony side of the web are pointless. Heg are well versed in pulling out secret or invisible "we are friends" or "same side of the same war" reasons to enter any war they like and have done so dozens of times since since karma. So any treaty cancellation coming from that side of the world is pointless.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1302241454' post='2686577']
[color="#0000FF"]You have a second MDP treaty with VE and you're only canceling one of them, meaning that you still have an MDP with VE despite this cancellation. That's the joke, right? If this were any other alliance I'd not be in doubt. But this is RIA, and I just don't know.[/color]
[/quote]

You will probably be nuking your allies for RIA tomorrow. With RV we just dont know!

-winning

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1302248775' post='2686642']
Penkala, you're only reinforcing the justification for cancelling on VE.

Two old friends find themselves at a crossroads. One goes left, the other goes right. It happens.

Good luck guys.
[/quote]

Their justification was "We don't like PB", not "We don't like VE members / Penkala."

So no, I'm not.

[quote]It must have been a tough decision RIA, but some of the VE posts in here sure must reinforce it as the right one.[/quote]

That's not really how it works. "You're pissed because we canceled a multi-year-old treaty because of some kind of issues with our other friends you never bothered to work through with us? Yeah, knew canceling on you was the right call :smug: "

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1302249124' post='2686644']
Using a completely foolproof logic, I deduce that if Penkala does not like this, then it is a good move.

Best of luck to all involved.
[/quote]

I feel compelled to agree with you.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302262580' post='2686703']
Their justification was "We don't like PB", not "We don't like VE members / Penkala."

So no, I'm not.
[/quote]
In other words, you're placing your allies in PB above your ex-allies RIA.

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1302264296' post='2686708']
In other words, you're placing your allies in PB above your ex-allies RIA.
[/quote]

That would be true if they came to us with an ultimatum and said "It's PB or us."

My understanding is that they didn't even do that. They just canceled and cited PB when we asked them for a reason.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302264573' post='2686709']
That would be true if they came to us with an ultimatum and said "It's PB or us."

My understanding is that they didn't even do that. They just canceled and cited PB when we asked them for a reason.
[/quote]

The only reason better than PB would be DH if VE were part of it.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' timestamp='1302255796' post='2686677']
I'm glad to see our assistance in fighting IAA is appreciated by iFOK.
[/quote]

If there is a single alliance that can hold its head high when this whole silly joke of a war ends it is RIA, you guys put your spiny little buts on the line to help out litterally everyone on all sides of the conflict and most of all you did it with a smile on your face and without complaint.

It makes me sad how quick some people forget such actions.

o/ RIA

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1302249124' post='2686644']
Using a completely foolproof logic, I deduce that if Penkala does not like this, then it is a good move.[/quote][quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1302255140' post='2686672']
I call you and raise you with a HoT approval on the other side.[/quote]
I laughed pretty loudly at this one.

On topic, this hurts me a little bit, but I guess that's the price we pay. I'm not happy with it, but we made the bed and now we're gonna make sweet, sweet love in it. Or something along those lines.

Edited by Reptyler

[quote name='Reptyler' timestamp='1302266093' post='2686720']
I laughed pretty loudly at this one.

On topic, this hurts me a little bit, but I guess that's the price we pay. I'm not happy with it, but we made the bed and now we're gonna make sweet, sweet love in it. Or something along those lines.
[/quote]
It's too bad that a couple of the people you share that bed with have a super-cool side piece while you're still paying for rent and trips to the salon.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1302266683' post='2686727']
It's too bad that a couple of the people you share that bed with have a super-cool side piece while you're still paying for rent and trips to the salon.
[/quote]

The bizarre euphemisms in this thread are throwing me off, somebody mind speaking in English?

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1302265032' post='2686711']
If there is a single alliance that can hold its head high when this whole silly joke of a war ends it is RIA, you guys put your spiny little buts on the line to help out litterally everyone on all sides of the conflict and most of all you did it with a smile on your face and without complaint.

It makes me sad how quick some people forget such actions.

o/ RIA
[/quote]

Actually they complained a lot about it.

All I'll say, is when SF was on top of the world and doing its business, we took it in stride and helped you guys out with some questionable stuff, because you were our friends and allies. Now that you perceive the shoe on the other foot, you cut and run.

I like a lot of you personally, but I'll never respect this decision, based on the reasons given.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302244643' post='2686614']
I wish things could have been different.

My own feelings are that we still like you guys, but we can't be part of "world domination", it was uncomfortable enough when it was SF and C&G and now it's downright awkward.

Here's hoping things change and we can go back to the way things used to be in the good old days.
[/quote]
No thanks! The whole "world domination" thing is suiting me quite nicely and I'd be sad to see it change.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302245057' post='2686618']
They could have been, if only you let us know.

Well RIA, its literally been years. Whatever your reasons were for canceling, I can't help but be disappointed things ended this way.

Godspeed, and I wish you nothing but the best.
[/quote]

when you sign a omnipowerfull bloc without involving one of your closest allies (RIA is argueably closer to you then some other alliances in PB) I guess that tends to happen, it makes your other allies feel like they arent good enough and are just being used. Then again RIA just made it clear they dont want part in your world domination

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302245424' post='2686620']
We're probably better off without an alliance that ends a multi-year-long friendship with us for the flimsiest of reasons.

Good riddance, RIA.
[/quote]

Looks pretty solid to me. But giving them more reasons to end their friendship with you isn't a good idea.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302246526' post='2686629']
Don't get me wrong I'm not "happy" that we cancelled on you guys, we've had our issues but this one hurts.

Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.

We basically felt that our love and devotion wasn't exactly being reciprocated, and ended up feeling used and unappreciated. Basically our relationship no longer was at MDoAP level as far as you guys were concerned we're down there on "Tier 4" or so on the alliance importance measuring stick.
[/quote]

Respect for making this decision RIA. I can totally get into this decisions because from where I stand it looks like a lot of alliances on one side of the treaty web are just being kept around and used by the other side as back up (mind you I dont have specific cases but during war time those links are brought up quite easily under the guise of friendship.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302246879' post='2686631']
That's just simply not true, and maybe if you would have taken some time to talk with us about it instead of ending a treaty that has lasted over years without mentioning a single word about having this type of concern, you would have known it. I understand your a direct democracy, but ask Delta how many situations I've worked with him on, both before PB and after.
[/quote]

[quote]goldielax25

All I'll say, is when SF was on top of the world and doing its business, we took it in stride and helped you guys out with some questionable stuff, because you were our friends and allies. Now that you perceive the shoe on the other foot, you cut and run.

I like a lot of you personally, but I'll never respect this decision, based on the reasons given.[/quote]

Clarification?

emperor saying 1 thing. MoD saying a different thing?

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302246526' post='2686629']
Don't get me wrong I'm not "happy" that we cancelled on you guys, we've had our issues but this one hurts.

Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.
[/quote]

I'd hit that.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1302267390' post='2686731']
The bizarre euphemisms in this thread are throwing me off, somebody mind speaking in English?
[/quote]
Umbrella is a really hot woman. GOONS is her little cousin with ADHD and who is almost but not quite as hot. RIA is a fat chick. VE used to have a live-in relationship with RIA but then moved in with Umbrella and GOONS instead, while a bunch of Dutchmen and snake charmers came over every so often for parties. Problem is that even though you tell Umbrella and GOONS you love them, they were in a kinky three-way relationship with MK.

And that is apparently what this thread is about.

It's always sad to see old friends splitting up. But from the show VE is putting on in this thread, you're far better off without them.

It was a pleasure fighting you guys in the last war, RIA. And you proved a very noble and respectable foe. I wish you nothing but the best.

Also, obligatory :wub: for Delta

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1302271892' post='2686774']
Umbrella is a really hot woman. GOONS is her little cousin with ADHD and who is almost but not quite as hot. RIA is a fat chick. VE used to have a live-in relationship with RIA but then moved in with Umbrella and GOONS instead, while a bunch of Dutchmen and snake charmers came over every so often for parties. Problem is that even though you tell Umbrella and GOONS you love them, they were in a kinky three-way relationship with MK.

[/quote]

Sombre as the subject matter of the announcement may be, but dayummm! This cracked me up.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1302271892' post='2686774']

[/quote]

There's a whole lot of loving going on around here.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1302269345' post='2686739']

I like a lot of you personally, but I'll never respect this decision, based on the reasons given.
[/quote]

I find some sentiments in this post to be questionable.

Sad to see such a strong relationship fade but I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw this coming.