...wow...first Rok then RIA? whats with the trolling of cancellations nowadays people? if you're friends at all then you wouldnt stoop this low, you'd say "sorry things werent going so well but we'll move towards a better friendship again" and "atleast we still have PEACE

all this is doing is adding more fuel to the fire and may very well end up with that ODP getting cancelled as well

just my two cents...but regardless, best of luck to both parties in the future

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1302271892' post='2686774']
Umbrella is a really hot woman. GOONS is her little cousin with ADHD and who is almost but not quite as hot. RIA is a fat chick. VE used to have a live-in relationship with RIA but then moved in with Umbrella and GOONS instead, while a bunch of Dutchmen and snake charmers came over every so often for parties. Problem is that even though you tell Umbrella and GOONS you love them, they were in a kinky three-way relationship with MK.

And that is apparently what this thread is about.
[/quote]

I was going to make a post but this won the thread.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302271898' post='2686775']But from the show VE is putting on in this thread, you're far better off without them.[/quote]

What "show" are you talking about? I see Penkala trolling as usual (remember that's what he does, no matter what alliance he's in) and I also see Impero and Goldie disagreeing with RIA's decision to cancel, but have been respectful. Your anti-VE spin is awful. Where's Schatt? He does a pretty good job with the anti-VE hyperbole. Schatt my man, where are you?

Edited by Bill Wallace

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1302272958' post='2686790']
...wow...first Rok then RIA? whats with the trolling of cancellations nowadays people? if you're friends at all then you wouldnt stoop this low, you'd say "sorry things werent going so well but we'll move towards a better friendship again" and "atleast we still have PEACE

all this is doing is adding more fuel to the fire and may very well end up with that ODP getting cancelled as well

just my two cents...but regardless, best of luck to both parties in the future
[/quote]

The tone of certain people is pretty bad yeah. What penkala said is horrible

You know if IRON canceled on lets say.... Valhalla (or the other way around I guess which would give us a valid reason to be mad) im not gonna say well in short works $%&@ you. Not at all, Id thank them for the friendship we had, for all the good times and bad times and thank them for being an ally of ours. (Valhalla are nice dudes) Ofcourse we keep our allies on a close line foreign affair wise and talk a lot with them before doing something drastic. We value friendship above all

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302271898' post='2686775']
But from the show VE is putting on in this thread
[/quote]

You mean Penkala...

One singular general member who holds no office and is notorious for going over the top. I believe our former allies in RIA are smart enough to know that (in fact I know so, since we were joking about it on irc last night along with all the "approval" coming in from people like HoT), so everyone might as well stop trying to push that line right now.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302245424' post='2686620']
We're probably better off without an alliance that ends a multi-year-long friendship with us for the flimsiest of reasons.

Good riddance, RIA.
[/quote]
Bitter?

You make VE so much more likable, Penkala.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302246879' post='2686631']
That's just simply not true, and maybe if you would have taken some time to talk with us about it instead of ending a treaty that has lasted over years without mentioning a single word about having this type of concern, you would have known it. I understand your a direct democracy, but ask Delta how many situations I've worked with him on, both before PB and after.
[/quote]
Well, it's not VE hasn't done the same thing before in order to keep some power. RIA's motives are much more honorable.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1302273179' post='2686794']
What "show" are you talking about? I see Penkala trolling as usual (remember that's what he does, no matter what alliance he's in) and I also see Impero and Goldie disagreeing with RIA's decision to cancel, but have been respectful. Your anti-VE spin is awful. Where's Schatt? He does a pretty good job with the anti-VE hyperbole. Schatt my man, where are you?
[/quote]

I don't need to spin anything... You guys do it all for me.

As for the show:
1.) Here's your SoD criticizing RIA for not being loyal and complaining during the war
[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1302269345' post='2686739']
Actually they complained a lot about it.

All I'll say, is when SF was on top of the world and doing its business, we took it in stride and helped you guys out with some questionable stuff, because you were our friends and allies. Now that you perceive the shoe on the other foot, you cut and run.

I like a lot of you personally, but I'll never respect this decision[/quote]

2.) This is your noble Lord criticizing your former allies diplomacy skills:
[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302246879' post='2686631']
That's just simply not true, and maybe if you would have taken some time to talk with us about it instead of ending a treaty that has lasted over years without mentioning a single word about having this type of concern, you would have known it.[/quote]

3.) Here's one VE members response to the loss of an extremely old ally:
[quote name='Lysol' timestamp='1302244231' post='2686608']
Eh, whatever. [/quote]

4.) Penkala posting in general... (I KNOW YOU SAID IT DIDN'T COUNT! But unfortunately, he is still a member of your alliance).
Not going to quote all the demeaning and obnoxious posts he makes. In this thread a lone it'd make this post absolutely enormous.

And that's just a quick scan of the topic. I might be able to find more if I read all the posts... Yeah, VE sure looks like they're being respectful. :rolleyes:

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1302246526' post='2686629']
Basically I'm that fat, ugly girlfriend you had and at first it was passionate, it was hot, but now you don't really want to hang out with us anymore. You've got other, way hotter girls, but you don't want to hurt our feelings so you keep us around. You moved out of our apartment (Bastion) got your own place and shacked up with those hot chicks and you never call anymore unless you want a booty call.
[/quote]
Those are quite some accusations to be making. Like all fat ugly girlfriends you're too self-concious, you need to come out of your shell and broaden your mind a little.

Anyways, this is sad to see. I was enjoying getting to know RIA and Delta is still a great leader. Fully behind VE though.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1302267390' post='2686731']
The bizarre euphemisms in this thread are throwing me off, somebody mind speaking in English?
[/quote]
PB is bad. It came from CoJ so that should have given it away.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302274286' post='2686803']
You know there are ways to control that...
[/quote]

First of all, the quotes you gathered above certainly aren't any kind of show, anything mean, or anything bad. Are they the boiler plate kiddy "sad but necessary" "can we still cake/pie/pastry" etc stuff that you people are obsessed with posting? No, but that doesn't mean they are made in bad form. Second of all, we don't censor our members, no matter how worked up Penkala gets sometimes.

[quote name='ShadowDragon' timestamp='1302241313' post='2686573']
The Random Insanity Alliance intends to continue honoring the [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Random_Viridian_News]Random Viridian Protocols for Espionage and Armed Conflict Eradication[/url] as being active unless otherwise notified.
[/quote]
"Article Florida - DRUNKEN (MIS)CONDUCT
Should either of alliances decide to dabble in alcohol consumption, the sober(er) alliance promises to either A. Hold their allies' hair back whilst vomiting, or B. Steal their girlfriend while they are in drunken stupors. . ."

Uh oh, Impero, have you been keeping tabs on the girlfriend?

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302245424' post='2686620']
We're probably better off without an alliance that ends a multi-year-long friendship with us for the flimsiest of reasons.

Good riddance, RIA.
[/quote]
"No group, no matter how powerful, how influential, or how helpful in the past will ever, ever make war against one of our friends and allies and so remain our friend and ally. The Viridian Entente has, on many occasions, afforded Polaris the respect, understanding, and patience that allies deserve when one has a conflict with a friend's friend. I am sad to say that Polaris has failed to return that respect and, over an issue that did in no way require a truncated war timetable, made war against an ally of the Entente after only 90 minutes prior notice to our government. Such is unacceptable, especially when taken into consideration alongside a list of other recent offenses against Viridia and her allies that shall, out of the remaining respect we have for Polaris, remain private."
-Ardus Cadogan, Lord Protector of the Viridian Entente

The simply fact of the matter is that in its rush to war VE stepped on most of its allies toes--stomped their feet, actually--and why should your allies put up with it if VE won't put up with it? You're a !@#$%* alliance with an ill-conceived foreign policy dragging you in two directions, the cancellations were a foregone conclusion the day you signed Pandora's Box.

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1302271177' post='2686764']
Respect for making this decision RIA. I can totally get into this decisions because from where I stand it looks like a lot of alliances on one side of the treaty web are just being kept around and used by the other side as back up (mind you I dont have specific cases but during war time those links are brought up quite easily under the guise of friendship.
[/quote]
You leave Sparta and MHA out of this, [i]mister![/i]

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1302273179' post='2686794']
[/quote]
VE does all the heavy lifting for me, I just pull everything together. I'm an artist, really.

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1302244505' post='2686610']
o/ RIA ... I miss you guys :wub:
[/quote]

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1302265032' post='2686711']
If there is a single alliance that can hold its head high when this whole silly joke of a war ends it is RIA, you guys put your spiny little buts on the line to help out litterally everyone on all sides of the conflict and most of all you did it with a smile on your face and without complaint.

It makes me sad how quick some people forget such actions.

o/ RIA
[/quote]

[quote name='welshgazza1992' timestamp='1302271513' post='2686768']
o/ The Random Insanity Alliance [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/wub.gif[/img]
[/quote]

You two, (ROK and RIA) need to return to a treaty level relationship, just saying.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1302241556' post='2686579']
Works for me :smug:

SF is going places :awesome: [/sarcasm]
[/quote]

Yeah.... I like Synergy a lot, and want to see good things for you guys. that's why I would really like to see you all drop the grudge with SF. It worked out so well for you last war after all.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302274115' post='2686802']
I don't need to spin anything... You guys do it all for me.

As for the show:
1.) Here's your SoD criticizing RIA for not being loyal and complaining during the war

2.) This is your noble Lord criticizing your former allies diplomacy skills:

3.) Here's one VE members response to the loss of an extremely old ally:
[/quote]
Well, lets see...

1.) I don't see criticizing, I see mostly reminiscing about how things used to be.

2.) I see disappointment with the cancellation reason.

3.) Apathy.

Come on, why does every cancellation need to have a "This sucks, but we're still friends!" sort of thing attached to it. Considering the circumstances, I think a little disappointment and such isn't too much to display.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1302274783' post='2686810']

VE does all the heavy lifting for me, I just pull everything together. I'm an artist, really.
[/quote]

Glad to see you pulled the avatar back in action! Don't make me slap you in public again though, got pretty grim for you in the FOK thread.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302274766' post='2686809']
First of all, the quotes you gathered above certainly aren't any kind of show, anything mean, or anything bad. Are they the boiler plate kiddy "sad but necessary" "can we still cake/pie/pastry" etc stuff that you people are obsessed with posting? No, but that doesn't mean they are made in bad form. Second of all, we don't censor our members, no matter how worked up Penkala gets sometimes.
[/quote]

I couldn't do a better job at explaining this then The Trail, so here you go:
[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1302273678' post='2686799']
You know if IRON canceled on lets say.... Valhalla (or the other way around I guess which would give us a valid reason to be mad) im not gonna say well in short works $%&@ you. Not at all, Id thank them for the friendship we had, for all the good times and bad times and thank them for being an ally of ours. (Valhalla are nice dudes) Of course we keep our allies on a close line foreign affair wise and talk a lot with them before doing something drastic. We value friendship above all
[/quote]

If an alliance were to conduct itself with tact and class they wouldn't go out in public, upon the cancellation of a treaty with as old an ally as RIA is, criticizing that alliance in the way the quotes I gathered did. Do I expect you to be lovey dovey? No, but I did expect a certain degree of class rather than air your dirty laundry and call your former allies complainers, traitors, and poor at diplomacy. Which is essentially what your posts, and goldie's (2 high ranking government officials) did.

Now, this is no longer my place, and I have no vested interest in this affair. So, I bid you adieu.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1302275164' post='2686814']
Glad to see you pulled the avatar back in action! Don't make me slap you in public again though, got pretty grim for you in the FOK thread.
[/quote]
Impero, now that the repercussions of your bold new return to 2008 bloc politics have begun to come home to roost, do you still feel that pulling VE in two directions and attacking allies ofallies in a rejection of Ardus-era policy was good for VE? Can VE survive without its traditional allies in a fast-changing world? Despite your best efforts, will VE continue to live in the shadow of greater alliances like MK, and you in the shadow of greater men like Ardus and Sardonic? Do you need a cup of coffee or cold shower before attempting to answer these questions?

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1302275055' post='2686813']
Well, lets see...

1.) I don't see criticizing, I see mostly reminiscing about how things used to be.

2.) I see disappointment with the cancellation reason.
[/quote]

Wow, I can't teach the blind to see... I'm not a miracle worker.

But seriously? Goldie stating they complained a lot, and then saying VE had RIA's back in SF, but didn't think RIA supported VE... I would say that would be a criticism and question of loyalty, respectively. And I fail to see how, under any circumstance, impero saying RIA didn't talk to VE at all is anything short of a pot-shot at their diplomatic tact.

Come on now, you had to be joking.

And now, I vanish from this thread. :facepalm:

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1302275481' post='2686817']
Wow, I can't teach the blind to see... I'm not a miracle worker.

But seriously? Goldie stating they complained a lot, and then saying VE had RIA's back in SF, but didn't think RIA supported VE... I would say that would be a criticism and question of loyalty, respectively. And I fail to see how, under any circumstance, impero saying RIA didn't talk to VE at all is anything short of a pot-shot at their diplomatic tact.

Come on now, you had to be joking.

And now, I vanish from this thread. :facepalm:
[/quote]

Its okay, I can't teach you to see either. You could teach me a thing or two about stretching though. Long runs always seem to make me cramp up, so I could use the tips.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1302264573' post='2686709']
That would be true if they came to us with an ultimatum and said "It's PB or us."

My understanding is that they didn't even do that. They just canceled and cited PB when we asked them for a reason.
[/quote]

This is hilarious beyond words. Good stuff RIA, you really are an awesome bunch.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1302275441' post='2686816']
Impero, now that the repercussions of your bold new return to 2008 bloc politics have begun to come home to roost, do you still feel that pulling VE in two directions and attacking allies ofallies in a rejection of Ardus-era policy was good for VE? Can VE survive without its traditional allies in a fast-changing world? Do you need a cup of coffee or cold shower before attempting to answer these questions?
[/quote]

Times change. People change. You should know this better then most, since you went from being a respected and somewhat revered member of the community to an over the top joke of a human being who makes an ass of himself at every turn since he cant cope with the fact that the days of TWIP are over. We still hold a treaty with RIA, and still hold treaties and good relationships with all our other allies save Rok. We've done the things that are best for us, the things that needed to be done, and do not hold regret simply because a cancellation wrought of misconception without any attempt to make those concerns known may have came about as a result.

We are disappointed that this came to pass, but if there is any consolation, it's that we all get to see the ridiculous side of you that comes out every time you smell a VE thread in the air.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1302275877' post='2686828']
Good to see RIA made the "Death to Viridia" crowd happy today. At least somebody is coming away from this with a good feeling.
[/quote]
I advocate tight, logical, policy/ideology-based foreign policy in regards to all alliances, and cheer it in regards to all alliances. But if pigeonholing makes the world easier for you to understand, be my guest.