A Brief Clerical Note from the Mushroom Kingdom

mkflag.png

The Winds of Change

The Mushroom Kingdom has been revered and respected for many things, but one facet of our success that is not typically touched upon is the venerability of our government. We have incredible personnel who have loyally and aptly served in their roles since what seems like time immemorial (read: well over a year). However, even the most stalwart of men eventually succumb to the fatigue that their roles bring, and must ultimately recognize that it is best for them to step aside and allow another to step in to their place (read: damn you, RL). And so it is, with great sadness, that I must announce the resignation of Trace as Prince of the Mushroom Kingdom. He has served this alliance for a long time, and by our loose reckoning it was around October of 2007 when he first took up the mantle of heir to the throne. But now his time is up, and another must rise to the occasion.

Therefore, by decree of the King, I hereby announce that SirWilliam is the new Prince of the Mushroom Kingdom. For those unfamiliar with our titles, that puts him in a position of power second only to the King, and with this King's horrible habit of being unavailable (read: damn you RL...again), this makes him your go-to-guy if you need things from the Kingdom. As SirWilliam was Lord High Vanguard, I hereby decree that Joker be the new Lord High Vanguard of the Mushroom Kingdom. Again, for those unfamiliar, the Lord High Vanguard runs the "Godliest Military Empire in Cybernations" (trademark).

I hope that you join me in wishing SirWilliam and Joker the best in their new roles, and wishing Trace a pleasant and happy retirement. He will still be serving as a member of the Kingdom, of course. For those keeping track, our current high government is as follows:

King: Archon

Prince: SirWilliam

Lord High Vanguard: Joker

Lord High Envoy: AirMe

Lord High Treasurer: Azaghul

And as for that brief aside, while I have been away these past few days (hi Dilber), it has been brought to my attention that certain members of the Mushroom Kingdom spoke out of turn with regards to the terms of surrender accepted by Valhalla to exit this most recent calamity. Furthermore, it was said that these members are supposed to be representatives of the Kingdom's foreign affairs policy. While I have not yet seen their words (1100+ posts scares me), I will profess that I am appalled at the mere thought of such actions having taken place. It is not the policy or intention of the Mushroom Kingdom to dare dictate what is or is not acceptable to our allies, especially those who loyally fought on another front along our battle lines. Without our flanks secured, any one alliance would easily fall prey to the force amassed against them, and so to cast any aspersions upon what they do is an abhorrent crime. Furthermore, having been on the receiving end of ridiculously harsh terms in the past, I can personally state that pursuing an "eye-for-an-eye" policy is not at all the way to go. We are better men than that, and shall not stoop to their levels. And so, to Valhalla, while I can assure you there is no lost love between our two alliances, I can also say with certainty that it is not in our agenda to see you destroyed. And so long as our paths do not directly cross, I cannot see that changing. To our allies, I personally offer my apologies on behalf of the Kingdom. Those who spoke out of turn will most certainly be reprimanded, though I will also add that they have been severely berated by their own fellows in multiple threads on our forums.

OOC: While I'm at it, I'll just preemptively apologize to anyone reading this post at all. I'm horribly sick, so I have no idea how incoherent this thing is.

Signed this 12 of May, 2009

Archon

King of the Mushroom Kingdom

tl;dr:

The PaperMario-World(In-GameMap).png is

about.jpg so

william17.jpg.

Also, sorry.

Edit Reason: Grammar

Edited by TheNeverender

• Replies 92
  • Created