Citrus Exchange

Things such as this are so useless that they really fail to provide a reasonable return on the time you've invested in thinking it up.

You probably won't get many people to buy into it, and those you do will probably be inept or they'd join a real alliance, so trying to get them to sell you tech is going to be a nightmare. But hey, if somebody as [i]competent and able[/i] as TOP and IRON want to give it a shot, by all means, show the world how its [s]not[/s] done.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299299069' post='2653120']
Things such as this are so useless that they really fail to provide a reasonable return on the time you've invested in thinking it up.

You probably won't get many people to buy into it, and those you do will probably be inept or they'd join a real alliance, so trying to get them to sell you tech is going to be a nightmare. But hey, if somebody as [i]competent and able[/i] as TOP and IRON want to give it a shot, by all means, show the world how its [s]not[/s] done.
[/quote]

I sense anger. I might even go as far as saying, U mad?

[quote name='The Trail' timestamp='1299299154' post='2653122']
I sense anger. I might even go as far as saying, U mad?
[/quote]

No, just amusement at this project, and a relatively confident feeling that it will fail.

Giving people protection in exchange for say, trading with you or selling tech to you has never attracted alot of people. Off the top of my head, two projects that are similar but not quite the same are RIA Trading Partner and Brown Trade Partner. Go look up how many members are on those AAs, think about how many will join this, and compare that to the effort necessary to make it work. Doesn't seem like a valuable use of effort, but if TOP/Iron want to give it a shot, by all means... have at it.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299299575' post='2653130']
No, just amusement at this project, and a relatively confident feeling that it will fail.

Giving people protection in exchange for say, trading with you or selling tech to you has never attracted alot of people. Off the top of my head, two projects that are similar but not quite the same are RIA Trading Partner and Brown Trade Partner. Go look up how many members are on those AAs, think about how many will join this, and compare that to the effort necessary to make it work. Doesn't seem like a valuable use of effort, but if TOP/Iron want to give it a shot, by all means... have at it.
[/quote]

Our intel says otherwise and we have a lot more manpower to put behind the efforts of this AA. RIA trading partner doesnt look bad. But I think our plan is able to do 4-5 times better

RIA trade partner only requires the nations to be on Maroon, there is no restriction with who they trade with or there foreign aid. oh and it has 8 nations right now

Edited by im317

[quote name='infinite citadel' timestamp='1299301294' post='2653153']
I remember Yev mentioning something like this was going to happen a while ago. I only wish I could have gotten MK's up before you guys got yours up :P
[/quote]

You guys already have GOONS :smug:

Edited by Emperor Brutus

[quote name='Puppet Master' timestamp='1299307051' post='2653265']
So basically I am paying for protection if I agree to join this AA... Wow, I'll have to keep that in mind as I look for a new home.

Also any idea of that TOP and IRON would be moving away from each other has since vanished.
[/quote]

More like its a way to stay unaligned, be protected, and grow your nation through tech trades.

[quote name='Puppet Master' timestamp='1299307051' post='2653265']
Also any idea of that TOP and IRON would be moving away from each other has since vanished.
[/quote]

TOP and MK are joining Duckroll as soon as this little war is over.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1299309054' post='2653284']
[/quote]
Our v2 pre-empt on CnG is already forming. :smug:

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1299299069' post='2653120']

[/quote]

Perhaps you're right, perhaps that may not be the case, either way, nothing's lost by giving this a shot. Also, where's the hate coming from?

Interesting idea but I remain doubtful that it will be ultimately successful, but best of luck nevertheless.

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1299313386' post='2653359']
Perhaps you're right, perhaps that may not be the case, either way, nothing's lost by giving this a shot. Also, where's the hate coming from?
[/quote]
Perhaps its a case of some people not forgetting certain things that IRON and TOP were connected to and so forth, not everyone is willing to brush certain things under the carpet.

Since this protectorate thing is aimed at small nations that might not be used to how things work on bob some explanation of what the slots will be used for might be good in order to attract more nations. As of now it might sound to new nation as if they'll outright pay for protection while in reality I assume those slots would be used for standard tech deals or something similar.

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1299309054' post='2653284']
[/quote]
Not funny >:|

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299314494' post='2653366']
Since this protectorate thing is aimed at small nations that might not be used to how things work on bob some explanation of what the slots will be used for might be good in order to attract more nations. As of now it might sound to new nation as if they'll outright pay for protection while in reality I assume those slots would be used for standard tech deals or something similar.
[/quote]

These sort of explanations are ultimately the duty of the staff that has been allocated by IRON and TOP to the project. You are however very right in your assumption that the slot usage as mentioned in the OP indicates tech deals with either IRON or TOP.

Indeed the nations that will join CX will have the opportunity to participate in our trade programs as well if they so choose and have access to other stimuli. Than again it is not the intent of the OP to go in to prolonged explanations of the CX, but rather to inform of the newly protected AA.

Edited by Theophilos