Citrus Exchange

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1299309054' post='2653284']
TOP and MK are joining Duckroll as soon as this little war is over.
[/quote]

I'll put this up for a vote for our heptagon members

also glad to see this announced

Edited by Timberland

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1299313962' post='2653362']
Perhaps its a case of some people not forgetting certain things that IRON and TOP were connected to and so forth, not everyone is willing to brush certain things under the carpet.
[/quote]
Its an economic deal. Don't really see how folks can hate on that.

:psy:

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1299343646' post='2653549']

[/quote]
Indeed, however as we have all seen in CN time and time again grudges and those that hold them can be totally irrational.

This kind of venture has never worked in the past, I don't see that you'll be particularly successful now.

Quite simply, a nation of any experience recognizes that you need to be in an actual alliance for anything interesting to happen, so all you can get with these is incompetent nations who won't sell you tech properly. Even new nations can't find this kind of thing very attractive, joining an alliance offers all the same benefits and more.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1299343646' post='2653549']

[/quote]
"Economic deal"? That's what you guys call a tech farm these days?

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299348207' post='2653597']
This kind of venture has never worked in the past, I don't see that you'll be particularly successful now.

Quite simply, a nation of any experience recognizes that you need to be in an actual alliance for anything interesting to happen, so all you can get with these is incompetent nations who won't sell you tech properly. Even new nations can't find this kind of thing very attractive, joining an alliance offers all the same benefits and more.
[/quote]

As was stated earlier, this will help nations who wish to stay unaligned do so. Those that wish to grow without an alliance are able to utilize this to do just that.

Good luck, fellas. I hope this works out for all parties involved.

[quote name='EnzoCosta' timestamp='1299349742' post='2653606']
As was stated earlier, this will help nations who wish to stay unaligned do so. Those that wish to grow without an alliance are able to utilize this to do just that.

Good luck, fellas. I hope this works out for all parties involved.
[/quote]

Who are these nations? Their lives sound very boring.

Unless TOP and IRON have some kind of revolutionary new recruiting tactic, I don't see how this can be any less of a failure than the Revenge Doctrine, the CTC, mini-Gremlins, or X-Alliance Trade Partner, and whatever other similar attempts have been made in the past.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299350479' post='2653609']

Unless TOP and IRON have some kind of revolutionary new recruiting tactic, I don't see how this can be any less of a failure than the Revenge Doctrine, the CTC, mini-Gremlins, or X-Alliance Trade Partner, and whatever other similar attempts have been made in the past.
[/quote]

I guess we'll find out, huh? :)

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1299350479' post='2653609']

[/quote]

Have you seen how many people IRON has now....

I alone got 27 people in January :) soooo I think that our recruitment tactics are working fine

[quote name='Dom Zak' timestamp='1299364095' post='2653795']
Have you seen how many people IRON has now....

I alone got 27 people in January :) soooo I think that our recruitment tactics are working fine
[/quote]

Recruiting people to join a large sanctioned alliance is not the same as recruiting people to join a protected area for tech dealing. Quite simply, there are no benefits to doing so that an alliance doesn't also have.

A decent option for people out there, but to be honest, RIA has a better setup. Rather than determine who you can aid (and demand that you keep a certain number full with aid for the alliances), you just have to be on maroon, I believe. You can get protection and aid anyone you like, then. If I were to go this "protected" route it'd definitely be with RIA.

[quote name='Louis Balfour' timestamp='1299295924' post='2653074']
[b]Neat.[/b]

Best of luck with this!

(no really, I hope this works out!)
[/quote]

This is very NEAT indeed. In fact, so NEAT that we have been doing this for a while...(Check out the AA "Radix Omnium Malorum Avaritia")

I am glad to see that there are more alliances out there joining the effort to protect nations from tech raids who would rather not join an organized alliance. Even if the goal is to attain more tech sellers.

Edited by iamwalrus