Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1296063965' post='2602887']
I'm genuinely curious as to what you think the NPO could have done to "make sure this didn't happen". Since nothing in particular was cited in the CB, I'd like to hear it from you since you clearly seem to be a vocal supporter of the idea that NPO getting hit is due to their own shortcomings.
[/quote]

I advocated over and over that they try and become friends with a lot of the alliances that attacked them in Karma. If NPO and GOONS were friends again, like they were once with the old GOONS, this most likely wouldn't have happened.

A good example of this is NPO and Legion. They hated each other for years, now they are really good friends. NPO did nothing to change their image with the "other side." If they would have taken steps to solve that problem, this would have never happened.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1296063965' post='2602887']
I'm genuinely curious as to what you think the NPO could have done to "make sure this didn't happen". Since nothing in particular was cited in the CB, I'd like to hear it from you since you clearly seem to be a vocal supporter of the idea that NPO getting hit is due to their own shortcomings.
[/quote]

I love this post.

Not like anyone was willing to become friends with Pacifica on the "other side" which is now attacking us. They assaulted us OOC and IC almost non stop throughout the time period.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296065261' post='2602914']
I advocated over and over that they try and become friends with a lot of the alliances that attacked them in Karma.
[/quote]

Did make me laugh.

"Remember that guy who smacked you around a bit, I think you should be friends"

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1296065562' post='2602921']
Did make me laugh.

"Remember that guy who smacked you around a bit, I think you should be friends"
[/quote]

Legion did it. Not that I'd actually set Legion as an example of a good alliance for anyone. So as a better example, we managed to overcome our distrust of TOP borne from their attack on us during the last war.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1296065799' post='2602927']Legion did it. Not that I'd actually set Legion as an example of a good alliance for anyone. So as a better example, we managed to overcome our distrust of TOP borne from their attack on us during the last war.[/quote]
Just stop.

As it was said in now ex embassy of yours on our forums, as it was spelled out in your DoW and thread that fallowed-- you will always see us as your enemy, and you will never give us a chance.

Our IOs did what they could do considering everything, but yet unproved, opportunistic and out of the blue attacks is something that is just out of control.

Edited by Branimir

I advocated over and over that they try and become friends with a lot of the alliances that attacked them in Karma.[/quote]

You are suggesting that you would have been open to friendship since Karma?

Ha, you are either a fool or a hypocrite . Neither make good friends.

A good example of this is NPO and Legion. They hated each other for years, now they are really good friends. NPO did nothing to change their image with the "other side." If they would have taken steps to solve that problem, this would have never happened.
[/quote]

I'm a firm believer that actions are larger than words. According to that logic what more could have we done? Even emperor emeritus Dilber made an announcement about New Pacifist Order lol. I don't really understand what your asking for here.

But this is such a pot and kettle issue. Why didn't MK do anything? Oh yeah you did, we were force to edit out insults and remove some diplos. :ph34r:

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1296074143' post='2603186']
I'm a firm believer that actions are larger than words. According to that logic what more could have we done? Even emperor emeritus Dilber made an announcement about New Pacifist Order lol. I don't really understand what your asking for here.

But this is such a pot and kettle issue. Why didn't MK do anything? Oh yeah you did, we were forced to edit out insults and remove some diplos. :ph34r:
[/quote]

Because that would require MK to take the initiative in something other than war...

[quote name='mikk206' timestamp='1296074143' post='2603186']

But this is such a pot and kettle issue. Why didn't MK do anything? Oh yeah you did, we were force to edit out insults and remove some diplos. :ph34r:
[/quote]
This makes no sense. The New Pacifist Order was a joke, their way of proclaiming neutrality. All it did was bring up the past, the fact that it was so out-of-character for the NPO to do. That wasn't a form a change in the slightest.

Then you accuse it of being a pot and kettle issue, but that doesn't make any sense either. Why would MK act to change the perception of the NPO? Of course we didn't help.

You can say "i believe actions speak louder than words" but all you've cited are words. This is just a series of non sequiturs with the odd contradiction.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1296076131' post='2603245']
This makes no sense. The New Pacifist Order was a joke, their way of proclaiming neutrality. All it did was bring up the past, the fact that it was so out-of-character for the NPO to do. That wasn't a form a change in the slightest.

Then you accuse it of being a pot and kettle issue, but that doesn't make any sense either. Why would MK act to change the perception of the NPO? Of course we didn't help.

You can say "i believe actions speak louder than words" but all you've cited are words. This is just a series of non sequiturs with the odd contradiction.
[/quote]

Like I said earlier. If all we can be accused of doing in the last two years is frowning at the obliteration of our economic base, and refusal to do a favor to goons for their complicity in that act: then I would say we have moderated a great deal.

However, it is clear we have not had the opportunity to demonstrate any change in post war policy, but if you'd like MK could surrender to us now and we could have a go at that...

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1296039803' post='2602544']
I suppose this means/confirms that Karma was a crock of !@#$ from day one :(
[/quote]
It wasn't to a lot of people, but it was to a lot of people too. I personally find it funny when some say "Karma never was a moral movement" because of their blatant disregard for the motives of a significant portion of Karma. But hey, the people saying this are at the top of the world now, they don't need to have thoughts for the feelings of others, they have all the power they need from like-minded people, and really don't care who gets left behind.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296046320' post='2602601']
Hey, it's you again. Do you ever plan on helping your actual allies out? Or are you content to just cheer on the sidelines for Pacifica and Polar? I see a lot of sympathy for alliance being declared on here but little else.
[/quote]
This may sound familiar to you, but...your opinion isn't what matters in this instance. ;) For the record, I've tried getting us in on Exodus and THL, but the former was already set to be hit by Sparta, and the latter was countered and surrendered.

But of course you, like Tetris, know what's in our gov boards and clearly know all our motives, intent, and actions.

Edited by Locke

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296082138' post='2603406']
I personally find it funny when some say "Karma never was a moral movement" because of their blatant disregard for the motives of a significant portion of Karma. But hey, the people saying this are at the top of the world now, they don't need to have thoughts for the feelings of others, they have all the power they need from like-minded people, and really don't care who gets left behind.[/quote]
Yeah succinctly put.

All you folks that are picking on NPO, I should not need to remind you that you are in the presence of Anointed Ones who were duly selected by The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles to educate you in the errors of your ways. These annointed ones have calmly and irrationally explained that you are "either a fool or a hypocrite" so you should "Just stop" because they "don't really understand" why they "were forced to edit out insults and remove some diplos."

Now if you make a very concerted effort to think about it from the NPO point of view, you will find that it will just give you a massive migrain. As I pointed out before one must be specially annointed by The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles to understand the pure pacifican logic, distilled from the sluice chute of the The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles himself. Therefore you should gratefully swallow it all merely because NPO demands it of you. One word of caution: If you do not, you and your alliance shall suffer the diplomatic wrath of The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles and his Anointed Ones.

To that end, I offer the following Official NPO Diplomatic Checklist. Using this aid you can determine where in the NPO diplomatic matrix you and your alliance fall.

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/CN%20Graphics/AS6NPOdiplomaticChecklist.png[/IMG]

0-. The Great Clown Emperor Chuckles and his Anointed Ones

Edited by Antonio Salovega VI

I advocated over and over that they try and become friends with a lot of the alliances that attacked them in Karma. If NPO and GOONS were friends again, like they were once with the old GOONS, this most likely wouldn't have happened.
[/quote]
GOONS went out of their way to antagonize NPO with the Red Safari.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1296086129' post='2603600']
Why exactly do you feel that NPO was obligated to try to change their image with anyone?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]For the same reason Xiphypoo, to name one, believed that those who fought against them in BiPolar deserved disbandment for failing to join their side after Karma. In his words, they "blew their second chance." I'm not sure what the exact rational was for any of that logic, probably because there was none (nor was it logic for that matter), so I'll just go out on a limb and say the answer to both questions is an unwarranted sense of self-importance on the part of our conquering heroes.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1296087743' post='2603679']
<snip>
[/quote]

Wow, ASIV that's a really impressive feat you've accomplished there! I perfectly remember those many months back(maybe a year?) where you were assigned to Pacifica as a diplomatic representative of VE. And yet, in your infinite wisdom and diplomacy you continually insulted our Emperor and Body Republic in our home nonetheless, only to still hold a grudge and claim we "abused an embassy official" even now?

Could you be more pathetic than this?

Everybody who has ever derided the Legion for becoming allied to the NPO and their sphere of influence, please raise your hands.

Good, now everyone with their hands up: those of you who are now arguing that NPO was is in the wrong for not pursuing relations with those who had continually and intentionally antagonized them, please keep your hands up.

People currently raising your hands: each and every one of you is either a shameless hypocrite or an utter clown. Thank you for your time and cooperation.

[quote name='savethecheerleader' timestamp='1296097577' post='2603993']
Everybody who has ever derided the Legion for becoming allied to the NPO and their sphere of influence, please raise your hands.

Good, now everyone with their hands up: those of you who are now arguing that NPO was is in the wrong for not pursuing relations with those who had continually and intentionally antagonized them, please keep your hands up.

People currently raising your hands: each and every one of you is either a shameless hypocrite or an utter clown. Thank you for your time and cooperation.
[/quote]

Hear him!!! Hear him!!!