Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1296048116' post='2602620']
Like the war last year showed, a good military isn't key to a victory.
[/quote]
That is not at all what the last war showed. In fact, it showed the opposite. It's not a coincidence that only MK was fighting near the end and the rest had stopped fighting because they ran out of money three days in. You can't send a billion nations in at the upper tier and hope to win if they don't have warchests. It doesn't work that way.

If TOP had kept going they'd have won simply because they had more money. Those who have more money win wars. Simple as.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not really the point. We're hardly invincible. In the end, the main issue is we're not the only ones who support doing this and you'll have to get through them. You honestly don't think anyone else wants to hit NPO? If you remove it from the context, it makes sense to say that anyone who attacks an innocent alliance will be opposed, but that is hardly the case here as NPO has been moving to oppose us for quite sometime and their conduct throughout this war puts it on display. If we win and start randomly rolling alliances after, of course we'd get attacked by a second Karma, but there is no real indication of that happening other than people joking about it or the other side using it as a propaganda tool. As a decontextualized action, this appears to be a far different thing than it would be otherwise.

As for reps, I will likely never accept terms involving them.

Edited by Antoine Roquentin

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296046320' post='2602601']Hey, it's you again. Do you ever plan on helping your actual allies out? Or are you content to just cheer on the sidelines for Pacifica and Polar? I see a lot of sympathy for alliance being declared on here but little else.[/quote]
Well, we were considering defending INT against THL, but well... that didn't last long enough for us to get in.
GATO was already piled by GOD, TTK and CRAP and our treaty with the LSF is optional (plus, LSF have not been countered).

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1296047603' post='2602610']Doomhouse has no intentions of ever attaining the hegemonic level of influence that the NPO used to hold.[/quote]
You know, I might believe this, except:[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1296047818' post='2602616']No they won't, sorry. The idea that after this war, a force strong enough to defeat Doom House, let alone impose reparations of any kind upon it, could be assembled is laughable.[/quote]kind of steps all over that idea. You're sure to be held to that anyway however.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1296047818' post='2602616']This is truly your last chance ever to stop the CN Holocaust™ in its tracks before the train stops at Archwitz.[/quote]
You're not doing yourself much good on the PR front there, but hey, who cares about PR these days... it's not like poor PR ever sank any major powers before, right?

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1296050064' post='2602649']
Well, we were considering defending INT against THL, but well... that didn't last long enough for us to get in.
GATO was already piled by GOD, TTK and CRAP and our treaty with the LSF is optional (plus, LSF have not been countered).

You know, I might believe this, except:kind of steps all over that idea. You're sure to be held to that anyway however.

You're not doing yourself much good on the PR front there, but hey, who cares about PR these days... it's not like poor PR ever sank any major powers before, right?
[/quote]

Yes, babyjesus regularly makes policy.

Actually, I'm sure the GATO front wouldn't mind more assistance. Go talk to the alliances involved and see what they say. I guess it's kind of annoying seeing you do this when I've stuck up for you in the past.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296050237' post='2602653']Actually, I'm sure the GATO front wouldn't mind more assistance. Go talk to the alliances involved and see what they say. I guess it's kind of annoying seeing you do this when I've stuck up for you in the past.[/quote]
Oh yeah, because having us speak our minds is [b]sooooo[/b] inconvenient to Umbrella. :v:
We don't agree with the actions taken here. We're going to say that. I would think that ought to be obvious.

In the end, we will do what is right for us and ours (this includes those that do especially right by us).
If you'd like to talk about that sometime, be my guest, but here is probably not the best place to do it.

Edit: Also,
[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296050237' post='2602653']Yes, babyjesus regularly makes policy.[/quote]
He's not the only person I've seen espousing this idea that "lol, Doomhouse can do what it wants and have no worries, because it's not like anyone has the power to stop us", nor is he the person in the highest position of power I've seen do this.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1296050383' post='2602654']
Oh yeah, because having us speak our minds is [b]sooooo[/b] inconvenient to Umbrella. :v:
[/quote]

When you wish for our destruction, it's a much different thing and you just go on and on.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296050435' post='2602656']When you wish for our destruction, it's a much different thing and you just go on and on.[/quote]
I wish for the destruction of a lot of things. Doesn't mean I'm ever going to be in a position to do something about it.

Anyone who ascends to the top of the pack is going to have a large target painted on their back. Add into that the fact that you aren't allied to my alliance, nor any of our allies and there's no reason for me to not speak my mind.

Conversely, there are many who wish for the destruction of me and mine... the way the world's going is not exactly conducive to that not happening.
Thus the railing. As I've said before, I look out for me and mine... and I will oppose anything that is a threat to that goal.

Edited by Arrnea

We don't have the power to make your allies drop you so I'm not really sure what threat you see to your security as a result of the NPO getting attacked. What gain is there if any in attacking SOS Brigade or attempting it?

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1295993068' post='2600994']
Nonsense, of course. In lack of anything to blame on us, you blame on us nothing in its self? Bravo.

It is quite unfair to say NPO did not try to find its place, but it was not given one. We basically were not allowed to sign a treaty with RnR for example (although that was for the better anyway, seeing this all during this wars). Or if you want more recent, with TIO we could only sign an ODP since their other allies were flipping !@#$ over it.

We were needed to be the enemy. Fine. Have your go at us.
[/quote]

So if at first you don't succeed, give up and say it will never happen. That was about the way the Imperial officers handled it.

[quote name='King Charge' timestamp='1295993191' post='2601001']
Oh please! What'd you want them to do invite you for tea and biscuits?
[/quote]

Yes, they could have. Maybe bought them dinner and taken them to a movie. I tried my hardest to get them to erase that line in the sand. No, they rather sign with the same allies that they had before karma, go back to that status quo.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1295993235' post='2601003']
I think pretty much anyone's hands would be tied after being a giant tech farm for a year. The terms forced Pacifica to be unable to support an effective upper tier for a long time. While they had a year of diplomatic "freedom", they did not have the strength to push their agenda like they were able to before. So there movements were quite limited. They also knew that you would want to beat them down again, and so didn't bring in worthless treaties and friendships with the likes of the current hegemony, only to be betrayed by them.

Pacifica is full of patient people, unlike the current hegemony, and in good time, they will get their revenge.
[/quote]

Those reps didn't hurt the NPO that bad, it brought them out in a good spot to make a lot of moves. They just didn't do it.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296051552' post='2602667']We don't have the power to make your allies drop you so I'm not really sure what threat you see to your security as a result of the NPO getting attacked. What gain is there if any in attacking SOS Brigade or attempting it? [/quote]
It's already been stated (in this topic) that there exists no power that can stop Doomhouse after this war. For this reason, I don't see anything stopping Doomhouse (and PB) from rolling whoever they want to for no good reason. That is not a world conducive to the security of me and mine, so I must oppose it with every fiber of my being.
As for the 'gain'... you underestimate how much of a grudge some people can hold.

Anyway, I'm not going to discuss this further here, so if you want to continue this conversation, you know where to find me.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296051654' post='2602669']So if at first you don't succeed, give up and say it will never happen. That was about the way the Imperial officers handled it.[/quote]
Listen man, I will be blunt with you. I dont care for your "Id be a better IO then them guys if I stayed" thing you got going. That is your personal issue which you have, that does not concern me. My opinion of the work of the current IO staff is positive, unlike the staff in which you worked in. Yes, that is correct.

If you want it freshly cut, people like you, which were in the heart of many of things that NPO is now blamed for and forever condemned, sitting now on the other side of the fence spreading their "wisdom" are truly not in any position to do so.

Cover your ears and sit in your corner. We are "paying" currently for your "sins" too, jacko.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296058198' post='2602771']
Listen man, I will be blunt with you. I dont care for your "Id be a better IO then them guys if I stayed" thing you got going. That is your personal issue which you have, that does not concern me. My opinion of the work of the current IO staff is positive, unlike the staff in which you worked in. Yes, that is correct.

If you want it freshly cut, people like you, which were in the heart of many of things that NPO is now blamed for and forever condemned, sitting now on the other side of the fence spreading their "wisdom" are truly not in any position to do so.

Cover your ears and sit in your corner. We are "paying" currently for your "sins" too, jacko.
[/quote]

You aren't paying for any of my sins, you are paying for what your current Officers couldn't do. I am not saying I could do it better, I am saying they should have done a better job of making sure this didn't happen. There aren't to many positive things that they did for the past 2 years to make this not happen, obviously.

Again, I am not saying that I was the better IO, Only that your current staff brought this down on you.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296061436' post='2602835']Again, I am not saying that I was the better IO, Only that your current staff brought this down on you.[/quote]
Nonsense, again.

Your current alliance brought this down on us, for no reason. And they are trying to rationalize it by our past from 2+ years ago, of which you were an integral part as an ex NPO IO.

It is time for you to leave now. That would be for you own good, or do you wish I continue to make you look bad since you keep spewing nonsense?

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296062934' post='2602866']
Nonsense, again.

Your current alliance brought this down on us, for no reason. And they are trying to rationalize it by our past from 2+ years ago, of which you were an integral part as an ex NPO IO.

It is time for you to leave now. That would be for you own good, or do you wish I continue to make you look bad since you keep spewing nonsense?
[/quote]

Sure, keep going I would love to hear it. I am not arguing that my current alliance is attacking for no reason, I personally don't care about that. I don't care if they are using the fact that I was mean when I was handling their reps, as the war reason. None of that matters to me, so keep on going on about it.

What I want you to tell me is, what did NPO current IO staff do to stop this war? What things did they did they do to make that line between us and them go away?

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296063252' post='2602870']Sure, keep going I would love to hear it. I am not arguing that my current alliance is attacking for no reason, I personally don't care about that. I don't care if they are using the fact that I was mean when I was handling their reps, as the war reason. None of that matters to me, so keep on going on about it.[/quote]
You may not care (which is silly), but exactly all of what you mentioned forces a man to now retreat and keep silent in his little corner as he has absolutely no room to pass judgment the way you are.

But you are not a man. And that is a most terrible revelation as how [i]you[/i] could be an NPO IO. System definitely isn't bullet proof, but at least is now better with more character individuals making it up.
[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296063252' post='2602870']What I want you to tell me is, what did NPO current IO staff do to stop this war?[/quote]
All in their powers. Which is proved by the fact you are attacking for no reason.
[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296063252' post='2602870']What things did they did they do to make that line between us and them go away?[/quote]
The line couldn't go away, as your alliance fanatically sticks to it. They admitted to that more then once.

You want more or did you get enough? Do you want to parade more your lack of character?

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296061436' post='2602835']
I am not saying I could do it better, I am saying they should have done a better job of making sure this didn't happen.
[/quote]
I'm genuinely curious as to what you think the NPO could have done to "make sure this didn't happen". Since nothing in particular was cited in the CB, I'd like to hear it from you since you clearly seem to be a vocal supporter of the idea that NPO getting hit is due to their own shortcomings.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1296063722' post='2602881']
You may not care (which is silly), but exactly all of what you mentioned forces a man to now retreat and keep silent in his little corner as he has absolutely no room to pass judgment the way you are.

But you are not a man. And that is a most terrible revelation as how [i]you[/i] could be an NPO IO. System definitely isn't bullet proof, but at least is now better with more character individuals making it up.

All in their powers. Which is proved by the fact you are attacking for no reason.

The line couldn't go away, as your alliance fanatically sticks to it. They admitted to that more then once.

You want more or did you get enough? Do you want to parade more your lack of character?
[/quote]

I think I am done with you, since all you keep talking about is me. Typical of you to attack my character and not the problem at hand, stay classy Branimir. Keep blaming others for your shortcomings.

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296064572' post='2602897']I think I am done with you, since all you keep talking about is me. Typical of you to attack my character and not the problem at hand, stay classy Branimir. Keep blaming others for your shortcomings.[/quote]
Smart move. It was time for you to run back to your little corner now in MK.

It wasn't as you were doing them any favors with your posts, which were dribble and addressed to properly with the added bonus of highlighting your lack of face. You will have to deal with it, I didn't invited you to come here, you did that of your own accords.

Goodbye

Edited by Branimir

I can't help myself but wonder if there was really something that could have been done. When at the end of a war like Armageddon you have to find yourself a new position to sit and grow back you can't be other than weary of those alliances and groups that hated you, attacked you and beat you, without fearing that the ones who left you alone in the battlefield are not dangerous too.

Let's assume it was possible, for the sake of the discussion.

In that scenario, LS, who should have we befriended? Who should we have allied ourselves with? Are you sure that they wouldn't have betrayed us?

More over, do you see an scenario where the MK guys will not hate us just for the sake of it? I must be honest to you, I find it hard to see it. However, I must think about the possibility of it happening as that is your argument. I see what you say: we said it could never happen and hence we did nothing about it. But, honestly, do you really know of an scenario where MK will not hate and want to destroy us just for the sake of it?

Cheers,
Ele

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1296064572' post='2602897']
I think I am done with you, since all you keep talking about is me. Typical of you to attack my character and not the problem at hand, stay classy Branimir. Keep blaming others for your shortcomings.
[/quote]
Your arguments are just as flawed as your "CB"...I would just not bother posting anymore.