Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Cortath

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296249153' post='2607921']
Actually, to be honest I dismissed the rumours at the time, because I didn't think MK would be stupid enough to attack NPO with the CB "They've got more NS than anyone else! They must be stopped!!!!one"
[/quote]

You may think it's stupid, but we are winning.

makes u think

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1296254357' post='2608014']
My man Antonio's passionate dislike for anything NPO and the reactions to his posts always brighten my day. The 'lasting more than four hours' response was especially funny.

Anyways, here's to more anger, war, bad feelings, and propaganda. It's all enjoyable.
[/quote]
and CAKE!

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' timestamp='1296254092' post='2608006']
You may think it's stupid, but we are winning.

makes u think
[/quote]
A Pyrrhic victory ( /pɪrɪk/) is a victory with devastating cost to the victor; it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately cause defeat.
The phrase is named after King Pyrrhus of Epirus, whose army suffered irreplaceable casualties in defeating the Romans at Heraclea in 280 BC and Asculum in 279 BC during the Pyrrhic War. After the latter battle, Plutarch relates in a report by Dionysius:
The armies separated; and, it is said, Pyrrhus replied to one that gave him joy of his victory that one more such victory would utterly undo him. For he had lost a great part of the forces he brought with him, and almost all his particular friends and principal commanders; there were no others there to make recruits, and he found the confederates in Italy backward. On the other hand, as from a fountain continually flowing out of the city, the Roman camp was quickly and plentifully filled up with fresh men, not at all abating in courage for the loss they sustained, but even from their very anger gaining new force and resolution to go on with the war. – Plutarch [1]
In both of Pyrrhus's victories, the Romans suffered greater casualties than Pyrrhus did. However, the Romans had a much larger supply of men from which to draw soldiers, so their casualties did less damage to their war effort than Pyrrhus's casualties did to his.
The report is often quoted as "Another such victory and I come back to Epirus alone,"[2] or "If we are victorious in one more battle with the Romans, we shall be utterly ruined."[3]

(to put this into context.... Mabe DH vs NPO = Pyrrhic victory for DH if DH win)

Edited by The Catalyst

[quote name='Ubermeir' timestamp='1296159200' post='2605988']
If true it must be one of the few things they have not perpetrated.
[/quote]
It is true. The 2 FAN wars come to mind.

This attack on the NPO is crap, but at least they're honest in their DOW and didn't try to elawyer something.

Though in my view FAN is the only one with a legit beef with NPO, DoomHouse (unless FAN is a secret signatory, in which case amend this to all Doomhouse except FAN) is attacking because they can. I mean, whose going to stop them? Duckroll has no interest in joining this war, and it seems every other alliance with any sort of power that is not neutral is fighting already.

Doomhouse blitzing NPO is akin to FAN's blitz of NoR which got them ejected from the WUT. Hitting because you can is exactly what NPO did in their hay day. This proves Karma was for nothing; you have become what you hated.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1296249153' post='2607921']
Actually, to be honest I dismissed the rumours at the time, because I didn't think MK would be stupid enough to attack NPO with the CB "They've got more NS than anyone else! They must be stopped!!!!one"
[/quote]
Same here, to be honest. I figured it was a CNtel leak or something equally untrustworthy, but...here we are. :v: