What have you done

Krunk the Great

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've also got a long and colourful history behind me which I don't really want to recite on the OWF.

To be honest I think a good portion of the people who frequent the forum and post have probably done quite a few things, and I also somehow doubt that anyone will post to say that they have done nothing, or to explain to the OP their exploits. Unless that person is Schattenman.

I think the problem with this OP is that I don't believe my purpose here is to make things interesting for others. I play for different reasons than anyone else and that is the whole problem with this - what one person defines as interesting isn't necessarily interesting to others. Not everyone wants to be the person in control of all the backchannels or the one that is the most FA known. To set one goal would say that one way is the key to winning and that is just not how this game works. Everyone plays it differently and I don't see my duty to make this game interesting to others. My duty is to do what I think is fit in my own style which may be boring to others.

I believe I'm pretty far up on the list of people that make things interesting :smug: . What's more amusing is that everything that I do is without any power behind me (i.e. a high government position in a strong alliance).

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1294771201' post='2572088']
I believe I'm pretty far up on the list of people that make things interesting :smug: . [/quote]

Well I only find you slightly amusing, personally, but as long as you are making it interesting for yourself, that is what counts, and it sure looks like you are. :smug:

[quote]What's more amusing is that everything that I do is without any power behind me (i.e. a high government position in a strong alliance).[/quote]

There is a deeper truth here to be noticed. A lot of people think that they need to be in power to make stuff happen. But it is a trap! When you have a high government position in a large alliance, you find yourself tightly constrained. You cant just run out and make stuff happen, no, in fact you have much less freedom of action than you did at creation, as an independent. Whatever you want to do, no matter what the reason, you have to take into account the legions of nations under your banner, and THAT will almost always prevent you from doing anything but carefully avoiding risk and digging yourself ever deeper into the web of fake friendships and faux love affairs just like everyone else.

If you want an exciting game, you need to run away from, not towards, power.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1294756085' post='2571961']
I've also got a long and colourful history behind me which I don't really want to recite on the OWF.

To be honest I think a good portion of the people who frequent the forum and post have probably done quite a few things, and I also somehow doubt that anyone will post to say that they have done nothing, or to explain to the OP their exploits. Unless that person is Schattenman.
[/quote]

Some people put casualty counts in their sigs, some people rack up a different kind of kills. A lot of people have done alot of things, but I'm pretty proud of what I've got done across my time with literally no traditional power. I've had a lot of fun in the process, and I hope other people have too.