A joint R&R/AiD/Echelon Announcement....

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1294132288' post='2562942']
If someone sends one of these nations aid will the punishment be the same? 7 days of war with the combined forces of R&R, Echelon, and AiD with no punishment or consequences beyond that?
[/quote]

you sly dog, you

I don't get this.

So UINE, instead of offering reps, said you could ZI the nation in the wrong. You felt it was excessive, yet you chose to go through with the ZI anyway as well as attacking other offending nations for 7 days.

Do you expect them to fight back? What if UINE doesn't take it and supports them?

This appears to be an elementary breakdown of diplomacy in private channels. I expected better than this.

[quote name='Rextu' timestamp='1294136739' post='2562981']
I don't get this.

So UINE, instead of offering reps, said you could ZI the nation in the wrong. You felt it was excessive, yet you chose to go through with the ZI anyway as well as attacking other offending nations for 7 days.

Do you expect them to fight back? What if UINE doesn't take it and supports them?

This appears to be an elementary breakdown of diplomacy in private channels. I expected better than this.
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but you really [i]don't[/i] get this.

Instead of offering reps, UINE offered the [b]five[/b] nations who raided us for ZI. Considering the attacks lasted somewhere between 24-48 hours, that seemed excessive and wouldn't really benefit anyone so we declined that option. However, one nation continued attacks after being ordered to stand down because his target was inactive and he thought a cheapshot would be clever - he will be reduced to ZI.

The targets can fight back and do whatever they want - I'm sure many of us would like UINE to fight back, however it was Keve that provided us with the option of ZI so I doubt he would expose UINE to a full-on war now. I (personally) haven't seen anything to indicate the members will be expelled from UINE, they're all still carrying the AA and have member masks, but this was Keve's choice so what happens will happen.

As for a supposed breakdown in communication, this has played out over the last fortnight as I stated earlier. To think all options weren't explored is naive.

Wow so much bad blood between many of these commentators.

I say let R&R take down the tech raiders. They were given up by their alliance government and considered rogues. As for UINE's response to the situation.....its tragic really, I would expect the alliance to at least pay 6 million in reps as well as other reps for tech lost. This utter lack of governance is appalling. Rolling the UINE alliance wouldn't be justified but imposing strict sanctions or at least demanding reps would have been much more efficient if not extremely necessary.

[quote name='ZeroRemorse' timestamp='1294138432' post='2562988']
Wow so much bad blood between many of these commentators.

I say let R&R take down the tech raiders. They were given up by their alliance government and considered rogues. As for UINE's response to the situation.....its tragic really, I would expect the alliance to at least pay 6 million in reps as well as other reps for tech lost. This utter lack of governance is appalling. Rolling the UINE alliance wouldn't be justified but imposing strict sanctions or at least demanding reps would have been much more efficient if not extremely necessary.
[/quote]

Reps were offered, the finger was given, also, dont forget that Keve tried to get AiD into tech deals.. it was late at night, and I know how coercive Keve can be. That is all.

And as always... o/ R&R, AiD, Echelon, and anyone else who supports these fine folks

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1294132284' post='2562941']
[color="#0000FF"]Why would I want to support UINE when I hate them more than I hate your pathetic little alliance?

That said, fairness to the rest of UINE has nothing to do with it and you know it. Alliances have been rolled by your friends for lesser offenses committed by just a few idiot members, and you did support them. What this is about is you don't want to step on Polar's toes, considering UINE is one of its lapdogs. It is cowardice on your part. You wouldn't mind rolling UINE, and you've got your excuse, but you don't want to break up your precious treaty web/security blanket. You can give all the self righteous explanations you want, if it what makes you feel good, but you're fooling nobody.[/color]
[/quote]

Oh wise one, can you give some more insight into my mind, cause clearly i have no idea.

Because we support our allies in times they have lesser CB's doesn't mean we start wars ourselves over smaller incidents. If you think Polar is such an important part of our treaty web I suggest you look at the web again. We have no problem with Polar and aren't looking to drag them in a war or step on their toes you're right. That said we also don't have a responsibility towards Polar nor are we actively looking to get closer to them, and if their "toes" are in the place we must go then stepping on them is not something we're gonna avoid.

UINE rather threw their members out then take any kind of responsibility, I think it's pretty sad to do and personally i wouldn't want to be in an alliance that does that.. but hey it's his call so whatever. We reached a solution both AiD and UINE could live with and we're gonna keep ourselves and UINE to the letter of that agreement.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1294132288' post='2562942']
If someone sends one of these nations aid will the punishment be the same? 7 days of war with the combined forces of R&R, Echelon, and AiD with no punishment or consequences beyond that?
[/quote]

That's up to the alliance they hit. I can only guarantee that anyone hitting a R&R nation involved in this conflict will find out quickly and with very little (read: no) discussion beforehand.

[quote name='Rextu' timestamp='1294136739' post='2562981']
I don't get this.

[/quote]

Yes we expect them to fight back, even though they were in the wrong we don't really expect them to just take this laying down.

UINE offered the nationS (plural) up for ZI. Instead we chose to ZI only one of them that we feel deserves it, the others can do with one week of war.

As for diplomacy.. I would have preferred a swift solution with small reps to compensate damages towards AiD, but seeing it's hard to negotiate with someone who denies having any responsibility for either members or commitments made by other government members in the end we decided it was just easier to make sure the raid wouldn't go completely unpunished and help AiD rebuild ourselves.

Edited by EgoFreaky

GOOOOOOOD Morning Cybernations! Don't cha just LOVE napalm? I know I do!

Um... yes, Ego worked out and finally I think UINE will get what is needed. And once again, i offer my apologies to CN for being associated with them.

Also, I believe that in this case, UINE is the collective of all members, gov, and that silly dictator sitting atop his Imperial Throne. If a UINE member doesn't like their gov leader(s), they need to either do something, or face consequences of their leader(s) mistakes.

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1294142782' post='2563014']
GOOOOOOOD Morning Cybernations! Don't cha just LOVE napalm? I know I do!

Um... yes, Ego worked out and finally I think UINE will get what is needed. And once again, i offer my apologies to CN for being associated with them.

Also, I believe that in this case, UINE is the collective of all members, gov, and that silly dictator sitting atop his Imperial Throne. If a UINE member doesn't like their gov leader(s), they need to either do something, or face consequences of their leader(s) mistakes.
[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for that. I think that was just a very subjective claim, and if I were you, I'd leave it to the Members of UINE to judge their government. I am sure you know nothing about them, I can understand their position. They don't want Members that raid other nations, and why would they want to pay for them?

Thank you Echelon for showing mercy to these poor raiders who were freed to ZI by their alliance because they broke rules. I am so sorry. How about you make them [i]Echelonians[/i] ?

[quote name='Toshiro Hitsugaya' timestamp='1294131422' post='2562934']
Not only did the Minister of Defense do nothing to stop it but a Triumvirate and another Minister did nothing as well, and this is ACCORDING to the Minister of Defense. If it was a grave concern to the other party you think that he would have notified AiD prior to the attack, and he does clearly state that he knew it was going to happen before it did. As for everything else I have no further comment. It does not matter to me one way or another what happens to UINE at all, however I will make sure the facts are there.

In response to Anson, I was Minister of Education at the time and was not around when this did happen. Later when I confronted Keve69 about it as well as UINE leadership it was clear that Keve69 was aware of the matter, did not like how it was being handled, and was hell-bent on making sure that UINE benefited even when UINE was knowingly at fault.
[/quote]

Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure R&R/Echelon/AiD still need the proof of the MoD saying that before we can do anything.

Rebel Virginia: Explain in detail how the NpO would prove to be a significant benefit or game changing enemy in any way should R&R be attacked by someone tomorrow, considering that R&R has absolutely nothing to do with the NpO whatsoever. Or how "stepping on their toes" could somehow break up our treaty web (go look up our treaties on the wiki). Unless there really is some kind of PB/SF/CnG evil hegemony thingy in the background, which in turn is actually somehow scared of the NpO and their sphere, I don't see it happening. And because you think we're a "pathetic little alliance", I somehow don't see you trying to warn us. I don't even know why I've typed this paragraph anymore. :headdesk:

[quote name='Thom98' timestamp='1294152287' post='2563076']
This is not at all surprising my limited dealing with UINE they showed no concern for the action of their members. This seems like it was bound to happen and odds are will happen again.
[/quote]

Worse than :(( GOONS :(( , you heard it here. :)

This is absolutely ridiculous. This situation was resolved on Sunday night and the only ones who have been pressing for more have been RnR and Echelon. I do not understand why this thread is necessary at all, because I do not make a thread on the OWF every time Polaris goes after a rogue or two. The situation that has happened here is really very simple:

1. 5 UINE nations attack AiD
2. UINE and AiD agree to reps, nations told to cease attacks
3. Reps were not delivered, attacks continued, thus, these nations are rogues.

Someone please explain to me why a) this thread is necessary, and b) exactly where UINE was in the wrong here.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1294148601' post='2563050']
Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure R&R/Echelon/AiD still need the proof of the MoD saying that before we can do anything.

Rebel Virginia: Explain in detail how the NpO would prove to be a significant benefit or game changing enemy in any way should R&R be attacked by someone tomorrow, considering that R&R has absolutely nothing to do with the NpO whatsoever. Or how "stepping on their toes" could somehow break up our treaty web (go look up our treaties on the wiki). Unless there really is some kind of PB/SF/CnG evil hegemony thingy in the background, which in turn is actually somehow scared of the NpO and their sphere, I don't see it happening. And because you think we're a "pathetic little alliance", I somehow don't see you trying to warn us. I don't even know why I've typed this paragraph anymore. :headdesk:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, when even GOD likes NpO I can only imagine that SF has some interest in cooperation, however temporary it may prove to be. But please, continue to deny the obvious. Not only is your alliance led by meek cowards, but you also clearly do not have the authority to start your own wars. So, which alliance really is running the show over there?[/color]

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1294137405' post='2562983']Considering the attacks lasted somewhere between 24-48 hours, that seemed excessive and wouldn't really benefit anyone so we declined that option. However, one nation continued attacks after being ordered to stand down because his target was inactive and he thought a cheapshot would be clever - he will be reduced to ZI.
[/quote]

So 2 days' worth of attacks isn't worth a ZI, but 1 extra attack is? I like your shades of grey, sir.