A joint R&R/AiD/Echelon Announcement....

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1294124909' post='2562839']
[color="#0000ff"]Why are your trying to deflect your own failings onto me? I have nothing to do with this, furthermore, I find UINE and its members to be incompetent insignificants undeserving of my support. I am merely stating that if you had any stones at all you would have attacked the entire UINE for its ridiculous stance, but instead you come here with your "hardline" stance of attacking the few nations UINE has given you permission to attack and expect us to praise you for your courage and dedication to AiD, when there is none to be had at all.[/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1294124918' post='2562840']
I'm surprised I'm saying this but I agree with RV. I would have just wiped them from the face of the planet. I can only imagine how the negotiations went before Keve finally decided "OKAY OKAY, YOU CAN ZI THEM! JUST DON'T HURT THE REST OF US!" Good show, though. You're still honoring your protectorate and I can respect that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Dibbun' timestamp='1294124966' post='2562841']
I think a better course of action for UINE would have been to pay the reparations and then recouped the cost of it themselves. Seems like they don't want to take responsibility for their members lack of education concerning who to and who not to declare war upon.
[/quote]

Ahh.. I am agreeing with these all too. I really do agree with RV as well. It makes perfect sense.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1294122950' post='2562810']
It is now.
[/quote]
i love u gogo >_<

[quote name='Anson' timestamp='1294123884' post='2562823']
Ah, a statement I am in agreement with. Also, is it just me, or would it be more fun if UINE guys came to their rescue?

o/ R&R
o/ AiD
o/ Echelon
[/quote]
O_O........ i will get details later but for now haiii anson ^_^

rawr

weee sounds fun kinda wish it woulda worked out >_<

not really >_<

rawr

also there is STILL no rawr

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1294125500' post='2562849']
This was over 6mil bucks? UINE wouldn't pay the 6mil?
[/quote]

Sometimes when some members refuse to listen to leadership, it's easier to just give them up and have others deal with them. It's not so much the money as it is the person in question who I'm guessing wasn't very compromising.

[color="#0000FF"]Why are your trying to deflect your own failings onto me? I have nothing to do with this, furthermore, I find UINE and its members to be incompetent insignificants undeserving of my support. I am merely stating that if you had any stones at all you would have attacked the entire UINE for its ridiculous stance, but instead you come here with your "hardline" stance of attacking the few nations UINE has given you permission to attack and expect us to praise you for your courage and dedication to AiD, when there is none to be had at all.[/color]
[/quote]

Lets start with failings. What failings? Of course you had nothing to do with this. Provide proof that the members of your own alliance arent incompetent insignificants too. [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96006&st=0]why would we attack all of the UINE for their ridiculous stance when their stance is anything but ridiculous?[/url] The hardline stance is against the techraiders, who according to UINE is just "a few of UINE's members" as opposed to the entire alliance. The entire alliance didn't do the tech raid, why would we attack the lot? Personally, I'd like to roll all of UINE too, but that isn't particularly fair on the majority of UINE (including the government itself) which has done the right thing.

Some of you are being literal retards and/or choosing to completely ignore the part where UINE's leadership ordered the nations to cease their attacks without result.

Guess what that's called? Going rogue. Asking UINE to take responsibility for members going rogue would be like asking Nueva Vida to pay reps to GOONS for my actions, but I sure as hell didn't see anyone asking for that, so stop being such hypocrites.

[color="#0000FF"]Why are your trying to deflect your own failings onto me? I have nothing to do with this, furthermore, I find UINE and its members to be incompetent insignificants undeserving of my support. I am merely stating that if you had any stones at all you would have attacked the entire UINE for its ridiculous stance, but instead you come here with your "hardline" stance of attacking the few nations UINE has given you permission to attack and expect us to praise you for your courage and dedication to AiD, when there is none to be had at all.[/color]
[/quote]

Just saying if you want it to escalate you know what to do.

We too considered the possibility of rolling UINE, but we're not gonna destroy an alliance because their leader is so willing to drop his members. That's UINE membership business not ours. Rogues get dropped for ZI's all the time. It could have been settled with a slap on the wrist for them not checking if AiD had allies and some minor reparations, but this is an alliance their right to do.

Keve was perfectly willing to drop them for ZI, but we decided the raid itself wasn't worth ZI'ing them for (although we couldn't just let it slide either). So in the end we decided to just give them one full round of war, which will do much more damage to them then AiD received.

And the last thing we're looking for is your praises, so don't worry about that :)

AiD granted mercy, and her allies respected her wishes in not expanding more than where it is now.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1294126042' post='2562860']
And the last thing we're looking for is your praises, so don't worry about that :)
[/quote]
wait what, i thought we loved praises >.>

[quote name='hizzy' timestamp='1294125991' post='2562858']
Some of you are being literal retards and/or choosing to completely ignore the part where UINE's leadership ordered the nations to cease their attacks without result.Guess what that's called? Going rogue. Asking UINE to take responsibility for members going rogue would be like asking Nueva Vida to pay reps to GOONS for my actions, but I sure as hell didn't see anyone asking for that, so stop being such hypocrites.
[/quote]

I would like to point out that the Minister of Defense was well aware of the attacks and did nothing to prevent them. Why is it that the Minister of Defense still holds his position, when clearly it was an organized raid? And for those who took even more concern to this matter, have logs to prove it. This was a lack of governing, and then a lack of an alliance standing up and taking responsibility for its actions. Point. Blank. Period.

Oh and by the way:

o/ R&R
o/ AiD
o/ Echelon

Sorry, but why not just obliterate UINE? That would have been much more fun...
[font="Arial"]
[quote][/font][font="Arial"]UINE leadership refused and instead offered up these nations for ZI[/quote]
And, if this^^ is true, its possibly the poorest of form shown by any alliance leadership ever...[/font]

[quote name='Toshiro Hitsugaya' timestamp='1294128794' post='2562906']
I would like to point out that the Minister of Defense was well aware of the attacks and did nothing to prevent them. Why is it that the Minister of Defense still holds his position, when clearly it was an organized raid? And for those who took even more concern to this matter, have logs to prove it. This was a lack of governing, and then a lack of an alliance standing up and taking responsibility for its actions. Point. Blank. Period.

Oh and by the way:

o/ R&R
o/ AiD
o/ Echelon
[/quote]

Posta-posta logsa-logsa? The raid was organised by the members, not the department of defence. And not having any logs of the minister of defence stopping the raids doesn't necessarily mean he didn't try- in fact, if he knew it was going to happen, those who he did take aside privately are probably those who decided to not join in and therefore make it a "botched" mass raid. But if you have logs that prove the minister took no action to stop the plot before it went into action... mildly bemusing and scandalous turn of events is mildly bemusing and scandalous. And <3 GSO.

[quote name='Jon the Warlord' timestamp='1294127732' post='2562892']
But not from NSO.

It tends to come with a negative multiplier.
[/quote]

Ahh so RV says something and suddenly he's the voice of NSO -_-

It's fair enough, but why does Echelon only have one declared war? :P

[quote name='Joe Stupid' timestamp='1294125500' post='2562849']
This was over 6mil bucks? UINE wouldn't pay the 6mil?
[/quote]

I was the Minister of Finance for UINE at the time of the talks of reps. I planned out with our banks how to make payments of aid. Keve found out, and well, lets just say he was less than happy. Also, everyone, just an FYI: Keve first negotiated with AiD that they would do tech deals... thus benefiting UINE. This clearly shows that Keve was all to accepting of these events. Additional attacks ensued, and I was asked to step in since there was no other gov willing to get involved. Big-Joe was online, as was MajorLu (MoD and Trium respectively),

After hearing everything, I started making preparations to get them paid promptly. Notice how I am GSO now an not UINE? I didnt appreciate Keve's written abuse, so I resigned to form GSO. Their current Minister of Finance had no clue what to do, so asked me for some advise and a little guidance (Keve was too busy doing other things, I guess, and couldn't be bothered to help his MoF help UINE). I provided him a link to the calendar that I had prepared to make sure that UINE's banks knew what to do.

This now happening means that UINE government has failed to act.

And dont forget, Keve first tried to argue that these "rogues" were not on UINE's forums (this is complete heresay, I do admit). Does that not show an admission of guilt on his part? I dont know about you all.. but this is looking worse and worse for UINE. I do need to apologize to the international community, though. I made a poor choice in which alliance I called home. There are many other wonderful alliances that would have been better. Ah well.. GSO is my home now.

o/ R&R, Echelon, AiD, and anyone who says UINE needs rolling.

For those of you who question this action: we don't appreciate being raided, but we understand it can happen. Unfortunately, we were unable to recoup our losses and UINE instead preferred to offer several members for ZI if need be - not wishing to drag this out any longer, or excessively punish a few members who would be readily sacrificed by their leadership over a minor event, we came to this decision.

That being said, I'd just like to make special note of the support of our allies who assisted us over the past two weeks in trying to resolve a (seemingly) simple & unsanctioned tech raid.

[quote name='Avakael' timestamp='1294129457' post='2562913']
Posta-posta logsa-logsa? The raid was organised by the members, not the department of defence. And not having any logs of the minister of defence stopping the raids doesn't necessarily mean he didn't try- in fact, if he knew it was going to happen, those who he did take aside privately are probably those who decided to not join in and therefore make it a "botched" mass raid. But if you have logs that prove the minister took no action to stop the plot before it went into action... mildly bemusing and scandalous turn of events is mildly bemusing and scandalous. And <3 GSO.
[/quote]

Not only did the Minister of Defense do nothing to stop it but a Triumvirate and another Minister did nothing as well, and this is ACCORDING to the Minister of Defense. If it was a grave concern to the other party you think that he would have notified AiD prior to the attack, and he does clearly state that he knew it was going to happen before it did. As for everything else I have no further comment. It does not matter to me one way or another what happens to UINE at all, however I will make sure the facts are there.

In response to Anson, I was Minister of Education at the time and was not around when this did happen. Later when I confronted Keve69 about it as well as UINE leadership it was clear that Keve69 was aware of the matter, did not like how it was being handled, and was hell-bent on making sure that UINE benefited even when UINE was knowingly at fault.

[quote name='EgoFreaky' timestamp='1294126042' post='2562860']
Just saying if you want it to escalate you know what to do.

We too considered the possibility of rolling UINE, but we're not gonna destroy an alliance because their leader is so willing to drop his members. That's UINE membership business not ours. Rogues get dropped for ZI's all the time. It could have been settled with a slap on the wrist for them not checking if AiD had allies and some minor reparations, but this is an alliance their right to do.

Keve was perfectly willing to drop them for ZI, but we decided the raid itself wasn't worth ZI'ing them for (although we couldn't just let it slide either). So in the end we decided to just give them one full round of war, which will do much more damage to them then AiD received.

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Why would I want to support UINE when I hate them more than I hate your pathetic little alliance?

That said, fairness to the rest of UINE has nothing to do with it and you know it. Alliances have been rolled by your friends for lesser offenses committed by just a few idiot members, and you did support them. What this is about is you don't want to step on Polar's toes, considering UINE is one of its lapdogs. It is cowardice on your part. You wouldn't mind rolling UINE, and you've got your excuse, but you don't want to break up your precious treaty web/security blanket. You can give all the self righteous explanations you want, if it what makes you feel good, but you're fooling nobody.[/color]